The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[Bugged] Eidetic Memory in WROTHGAR

BlackEar
BlackEar
✭✭✭✭✭
Lists of notes I have found not to be spawning correctly or bugged:

Invitation to Orsinium (does not spawn, quest related)

Winterborn's Note (does not spawn, quest related)
Agolas' Journal (does not spawn, quest related)
Permit of trade (does not spawn)
Turog ag Krazak (listed as "orcish inscription" in game but does not complete the book in eidetic memory)

I am not sure whether
Baron bloodtusk
Lakora of the Hunt
Mazghar Many-Tongues

are bugged (tablets) but I can't read any statues at the location.

NB: Proper torture techiniques. vol 8 for "the five companions" does not spawn near the Harborage.

Will these get fixed in the future?
Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [CONTINUED...]

Orsinium Archive
    Grazdar's Notes: Hammer's Bypass - cant examine the body nor the note.
    House of Orsimer Glories - an advertisement that is unreadable after completing quest.
    Permit of Trade - quest-related but does not show it it's location after the quest nor near quest giver.

Wrothgar Writings
    Ancient Nord Tablet - uninteractable after completing quest it seems.

Criminal Correspondences
    Tsanji's Ship records - quest related. Spawns in an inaccessible location after quest completion.

Final words
    Grida's Note to Darlof called Grida's Note ingame does not mark as read when read.

Diaries and logs
    Cinnar's Notes - marked as unread even though I completed his quest where you have to read them.
    Nirwaen's Diary - spawns inside Stormwarden Undercroft which is inaccessible after quest. Does not spawn outside along the other notes.
    Uggissar's Diary - his body can be examined but nothing is retrieved. Appears bugged.

Final Words
    Hubert's Note - from the body of Hubert cannot be examined.

Hew's Bane Bookshelf
    King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest - spawning as an item on karis hit list but not readable.
    Letter to Lady Sulima - her mansion is inaccessible after completing her quest.
    The Bleak Veil Endures - unsure if bugged, but unable to find it anywhere.
    Lord Wallavir's Wedding Invitation - pickpocketed, but he does not spawn outside the quest event´.

Suggestion for developers
    It would seem that a great deal of the bugged notes are quest-related. I.e. retrieving journals, getting quests from journals, reading notes for a quest, etc.
    I suggest that the character has those notes marked as "read" automatically after completion of the quest.

Can a mod edit the title to remove Wrothgar? I am thinking of just updating with general notes and not only Wrothgar. :smile:

EDIT: Hunting for the notes/b]

For those interesting in hunting notes for the Eidetic Memory I can recommend using
    Esohead for map pinpoints and/or UESP for a general location
    Thanks to @thawks for his link:
    thawks wrote: »
    One can also use UESP's log viewer to find missing books. Search for the book, click view, click locations, and you should get a list of coordinates of where the book can be or has been found in the past. (Tip: if the list shows a large number of possible locations across many zones, they might be found in bookshelves in those zones.)

To mark the in-game coordinates, go to the zone or sub-zone where the book is listed, open your map, and paste the following into your chat:

/script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, x, y)

Substitute 'x' and 'y' with the numbers found on the book's page on UESP. A marker will appear on your map, showing you the approximate location of the book. That said, some books have seemingly never been found in-game (by those who provide UESP with logs, at any rate) and thus not appear in the list at all ('A Less Rude Song'), while others have been moved or seem to have disappeared ('Dead Man's Drop', 'Note from Jeegren').

Want to contribute without updated on the forums? There is a way!
    Installing the addon "UESPlog" and using the LogMonitor program will automatically register and upload your data to the UESP log. Whenever you find a note it gets updated on the log. Simply play the game and it helps!
    Read more about how to install the addon and the monitor here.

Please feel free to add to these existing ressources. UESP seems to be the more actively modded one.
    If you have any contributions to this list feel free to comment and/or message me and I will make sure to credit you and update this comment.
    Edited by BlackEar on April 2, 2016 8:26AM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Invitation to Orsinium" should be in your inventory under the 'quest' section, you have to read it from there. I'll have to log in to see about those others.

Also just because I'm curious, where did you find the second part of Neramo's journal? I've been through that ruin a few times and just can't find the page, I feel like I must just keep walking past it.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    "Invitation to Orsinium" should be in your inventory under the 'quest' section, you have to read it from there. I'll have to log in to see about those others.

Also just because I'm curious, where did you find the second part of Neramo's journal? I've been through that ruin a few times and just can't find the page, I feel like I must just keep walking past it.

Hi @ListerJMC I have completed Orsinium so I must have read it earlier then. I do not have it in my inventory and it is marked as unread, so I would say it is still bugged.

@ListerJMC
    I found the second page. In Graystone Quarry Depths, when you go down from the dwemer pillars and through the last building in the open area it is on the ground. (coords 44,68)
    Edited by BlackEar on March 27, 2016 1:02PM

Achievement hunter:

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »

Hi @ListerJMC I have completed Orsinium so I must have read it earlier then. I do not have it in my inventory and it is marked as unread, so I would say it is still bugged.

Regarding Neramo's Journal sadly I cannot remember.

Ah, no worries, I just wondered because I don't understand how I've missed that page!

The letter should be bound to your inventory, so perhaps you deleted it. It might be possible if you have more than one character to start Orsinium then bank it and read it that way? Although, from memory you were made to read it before the questline began so that does sound like a bug. Maybe try sending a bug report? I've had a book not register that I've read it on two of my characters and sent a bug report ("A Request for Relief" in crafting), and it got fixed on one of them at least.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlackEar wrote: »

Regarding Neramo's Journal sadly I cannot remember.

Ah, no worries, I just wondered because I don't understand how I've missed that page!

The letter should be bound to your inventory, so perhaps you deleted it. It might be possible if you have more than one character to start Orsinium then bank it and read it that way? Although, from memory you were made to read it before the questline began so that does sound like a bug. Maybe try sending a bug report? I've had a book not register that I've read it on two of my characters and sent a bug report ("A Request for Relief" in crafting), and it got fixed on one of them at least.

@ListerJMC

I submitted all the bugged books as I went. I wanted to publish it so others could chime in and maybe get a reaction from ZOS :smile: You can't store quest items in the bank.

A request for relief is as far as I know still bugged? It lists under skill books and crafting books and I only have it ticked off one place. I did some digging and an old comment from ZOS states there are two versions. Maybe one "physical" to be read and one from bookshelves. Not sure. Also feel free to add to your list :)
    Edited by BlackEar on March 27, 2016 12:33PM

Achievement hunter:

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woops double comment again.
    Tagging @Mix as you might find something useful in this thread ;)
    Edited by BlackEar on March 31, 2016 7:13PM

Achievement hunter:

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just logged in and it turns out "Invitation to Orsinium" didn't register for me either! How weird, I know I've read it. I have all the ones you mentioned except that, "Winterborn's Note", "Grazdar's Notes: Hammer's Bypass" and "Turog ag Krazak".

"Agolas' Journal" was needed to start the "One Ugly Mug" quest, near Aqueduct Rock. I don't remember where I read the others unfortunately but they're apparently readable :(.

I also have "Proper Torture Techniques", it spawns outside the Harborage in the Aldmeri Dominion zone (for my Pact character at least, so maybe it's just your gold zone's Harborage).

*Edited after looking for them in-game and being corrected by @BlackEar :).
    Edited by ListerJMC on March 27, 2016 1:09PM
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Permit of Trade is above the kennel dungeon for a quest :)
    I already completed the quests but they show as unread! That is the weird part. Otherwise I assume I would have them as well :smile:

@ListerJMC I found the note you missed (listed in above comment). I found volume 8 at the Aldmeri at the beach! Thanks
    would you by any chance know where all the notes from bleakrock spawn after completing the island? I miss a lot from there.
    Edited by BlackEar on March 27, 2016 1:33PM

Achievement hunter:

• thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    One can also use UESP's log viewer to find missing books. Search for the book, click view, click locations, and you should get a list of coordinates of where the book can be or has been found in the past. (Tip: if the list shows a large number of possible locations across many zones, they might be found in bookshelves in those zones.)

To mark the in-game coordinates, go to the zone or sub-zone where the book is listed, open your map, and paste the following into your chat:

/script PingMap(MAP_PIN_TYPE_PLAYER_WAYPOINT, MAP_TYPE_LOCATION_CENTERED, x, y)

Substitute 'x' and 'y' with the numbers found on the book's page on UESP. A marker will appear on your map, showing you the approximate location of the book. That said, some books have seemingly never been found in-game (by those who provide UESP with logs, at any rate) and thus not appear in the list at all ('A Less Rude Song'), while others have been moved or seem to have disappeared ('Dead Man's Drop', 'Note from Jeegren').
    Edited by thawks on March 30, 2016 10:25AM
  • Tib
    Tib
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still annoyed that I cannot collect these two!

King Farangel's Ode to Wayrest
    The Bleak Veil Endures

Does ZOS fix bugged books, and how long do they usually take when doing that? :)
    ~Tibbie~
    Senior Achievement Seeker, Scholar of UESP and the laziest trader in Tamriel
    Editor and Recent Changes Patroller at UESP
    Member of Beyond Skyrim: Iliac Bay
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have submitted them as bugged. They do not answer feedback submits.

I have no idea when they will fix it. I must have reported at least 50 bugged notes the last few weeks so I hope they will read them and fix them sometime in the future.

Achievement hunter:

• Highstake
    Highstake
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone please, can help me where exactly find or how to reach the "it's the hunt that counts", from Criminal Correspondence?
    According to Eidetic Memory, it should be as marked on picture, tho i have no idea how to reach it...

Screenshot_20160427_223831_zps3uyrgbew.png
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Highstake wrote: »
    Anyone please, can help me where exactly find or how to reach the "it's the hunt that counts", from Criminal Correspondence?
    According to Eidetic Memory, it should be as marked on picture, tho i have no idea how to reach it...

What map addon is that you are using that show the eidetic memory locations?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Highstake

I have no idea about the map you have there but I have found "It's the Hunt that Counts"

It is in Cyrodiil, North of Farragut Keep there is a lake (just south of Kingscrest Cavern). There is a man on the NE shore with a beached boat, he should be friendly as you approach.Talk to him (Tappo I think his name is) and provoke him into a fight, when he dies you will loot a letter. Read it in your quest inventory and it will mark "It's the Hunt that Counts" read.

• BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    @Highstake

I have no idea about the map you have there but I have found "It's the Hunt that Counts"

It is in Cyrodiil, North of Farragut Keep there is a lake (just south of Kingscrest Cavern). There is a man on the NE shore with a beached boat, he should be friendly as you approach.Talk to him (Tappo I think his name is) and provoke him into a fight, when he dies you will loot a letter. Read it in your quest inventory and it will mark "It's the Hunt that Counts" read.

Good tip!

Achievement hunter:

• Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Highstake wrote: »

What map addon is that you are using that show the eidetic memory locations?

LoreBooks .. made by.. me.

Thousands of Eidetic spots ingame, without any need of a website. It still need a bit polishing for some books, but it's a good start.
    Edited by Ayantir on April 29, 2016 4:02AM
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil