Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood Guide: Areas"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the web article, Dark Brotherhood Guide: Areas.

Our Areas Guide will help you find your way around the Gold Coast region, with its pleasant climate fueled by warmer currents from the Abecean Sea.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks really cool :)

Edit: FIRST :D
    Edited by kongkim on April 28, 2016 8:25PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now, a constant stream of supplies and the establishment of powerful siege weapons in the Enclave's courtyard, suggest that the Order of the Hour has reopened the fort and begun preparations to face a threat that no one else has yet detected.

Interesting. Are they preparing to fight the Dark Brotherhood, or getting ready for the previously-foreshadowed machinations of Daedric Princes?

(People on the PTS, don't answer that.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Iruil_ESO
    Iruil_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom : Thanks for the guide. :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno (or any other @ZOS_anyone :p ) :

I have a request for French translation.
    -> http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/04/28/dark-brotherhood-guide-areas#_Anvil
    Ok, everybody knows this place... but NOBODY knows Coeur-Enclume.
    In French, it's Anvil too.
    -> http://teso.wiki.jeuxonline.info/wiki/Villes
    -> http://teso.wiki.jeuxonline.info/wiki/Anvil

Please, don't translate the translation... :'(
    Can you say it to who's in charge of that?
    Pleaaase!
  • mullinsthegreatb14_ESO
    please, PLEASE tell me I can go here without joining the dark brotherhood . . . PLEASE!
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté
    Iruil_ESO wrote: »
    Hey there!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom : Thanks for the guide. :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno (or any other @ZOS_anyone :p ) :

I have a request for French translation.
    -> http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/04/28/dark-brotherhood-guide-areas#_Anvil
    Ok, everybody knows this place... but NOBODY knows Coeur-Enclume.
    In French, it's Anvil too.
    -> http://teso.wiki.jeuxonline.info/wiki/Villes
    -> http://teso.wiki.jeuxonline.info/wiki/Anvil

Please, don't translate the translation... :'(
    Can you say it to who's in charge of that?
    Pleaaase!

Definitively, it's Anvil.
    Attention, ceci est le forum du Triumvirat, faites pas trop de bêtises si vous tenez à votre famille...
    @Balabù si vous voulez me raconter votre vie.
  • Starjja
    Starjja
    Soul Shriven
    I like most of what I see "feature wise". Although I'm really not impressed with this small zone scale direction your going lately Zenimax. Given how long we generally wait for this content I expect something the size of Wrothgar or bigger what in Nirn is going on? I want to be able to look at the map of Tamriel at some point and get a sense that I can explorer it all eventually. But given this rate I can't frankly foresee this ever happening. Its highly unlikely any of us will be able to experience Tamriel to its fullest potential if you guys continue down this route. Please I beg you Zenimax don't make this be a continued trend going forward. I want actual zone sized regions not little bite sized bits.
    Moonshadow.
  • sat
    sat
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it's Anvil, you deform your own games, when Oblivion was released on PC in french , the town's name was ANVIL..... WTF Coeur-Enclume, we not want this name. We want Anvil!!!!
    Edited by sat on April 29, 2016 7:26AM

Gloire à Nocturne
    Maîtresse de la Nuit
  • Darkonflare15
    Darkonflare15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starjja wrote: »
    I like most of what I see "feature wise". Although I'm really not impressed with this small zone scale direction your going lately Zenimax. Given how long we generally wait for this content I expect something the size of Wrothgar or bigger what in Nirn is going on? I want to be able to look at the map of Tamriel at some point and get a sense that I can explorer it all eventually. But given this rate I can't frankly foresee this ever happening. Its highly unlikely any of us will be able to experience Tamriel to its fullest potential if you guys continue down this route. Please I beg you Zenimax don't make this be a continued trend going forward. I want actual zone sized regions not little bite sized bits.

Probably once they finally finish changing the game. The change to how trials are scaled. The Vet system removal. The supose change to how world zone treat players. Housing. My guess is the next dlc is going be a content expander. Instead of a new area we will get a whole bunch of new dungeons, or or new hot spots added to the original areas. It is the reason I think they are being hush hush about the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter dlc.
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say that I want Anvil too for the french version, it was the town's name since Oblivion (and if I remember, even before when it was cited on some book). I don't even play in french so I'll have Anvil whatever you do, but for the lore's sake please give to the town his former name.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    please, PLEASE tell me I can go here without joining the dark brotherhood . . . PLEASE!

Just take the boat or port to the wayshrine.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice rearguard actions there, guys !
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I don't even play in french so I'll have Anvil whatever you do,
    Here's the point, sorry to say.

How about playing in english as regular lore-lovers, and let Zenimax translators do their job already ?
    Coeur-enclume, Anvil, both are intended to be the same town juste like Pékin/Beijing, or La Nouvelle-Orléans/New-Orleans IRL. Plus, any english-french translation is not even "diegesis" !

Such complaining is heartbreaking, knowing all the core matters unsolved on European server, such as language blind phasing in game ...
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • mp849
    mp849
    Soul Shriven
    Isn't Anvil supposed to be a fishing village or something in this time period?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its just so small. We ever going to get DLC like Wrothgar again? Or something with a bigger map. Maybe a couple public dungeons and multiple delves.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    mp849 wrote: »
    Isn't Anvil supposed to be a fishing village or something in this time period?

It was originally, but it has evolved into a proper city as of 2E 583. Which is when the Dark Brotherhood DLC takes place.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    Its just so small. We ever going to get DLC like Wrothgar again? Or something with a bigger map. Maybe a couple public dungeons and multiple delves.

I'd imagine that Vvardenfell, which has recently been datamined to be a future DLC zone, will likely be around the size Wrothgar. But when that's getting released is anyone's guess.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd imagine that Vvardenfell, which has recently been datamined to be a future DLC zone, will likely be around the size Wrothgar. But when that's getting released is anyone's guess.

The datamined info includes 3 player housing locations. Probably won't release until after housing is released, or at the same time. Isn't Murkmire supposed to come first?

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice rearguard actions there, guys !
    RoyJade wrote: »
    I don't even play in french so I'll have Anvil whatever you do,
    Here's the point, sorry to say.

How about playing in english as regular lore-lovers, and let Zenimax translators do their job already ?
    Coeur-enclume, Anvil, both are intended to be the same town juste like Pékin/Beijing, or La Nouvelle-Orléans/New-Orleans IRL. Plus, any english-french translation is not even "diegesis" !

Such complaining is heartbreaking, knowing all the core matters unsolved on European server, such as language blind phasing in game ...
    A good translator uses consistent naming all throughout a series instead of changing a proper name after five installments for no important reason. It certainly isn't a game-breaking mistake (and nobody claimed so), but it's worth pointing out regardless.
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO

The datamined info includes 3 player housing locations. Probably won't release until after housing is released, or at the same time. Isn't Murkmire supposed to come first?

Perhaps, but we really don't know.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wasn't expecting a map the size of Wrothgar because they are very different kind of DLC's. In Wrothgar, all the related content is in Wrothgar, it's all mashed together in one big delicious adventure zone, whereas in DB and TG, the content takes you all around Tamirel and the new locations serve as 'home bases'. So I guess they didn't feel the need to give us a massive zone.