Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

VR16 Worms

Thrasher91604
Thrasher91604
✭✭✭✭✭
Where do you farm for these at VR16? My usual Coldharbour spot has dried up so to speak with me reaching VR 16. The one delve I found in Wrothgar having Draugar was a bust. 20 VR16 Draugar, no worms. :/

Did Bethesda forget to level worm drops with Draugar and Zombies in VR zones?

The gold VR 6 zones withe zombies also didn't drop worms. :/

Or do I resort to using my walking suitcase level 4 alts to actually do something useful. Farming worms....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do you farm for these at VR16? My usual Coldharbour spot has dried up so to speak with me reaching VR 16.

You know, come to mention it, I don't see all that many Worms from Wrothgar, I get them, but not all that often.

Why would say the zombies in Coldharbor are a no go, they should still drop loot and the last time I did farm them on an upper VR Rank, I would get Worms. In fact, you should get Worms from any VR Ranked undead.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Zilch in Cold Harbor and Wrothgar with a VR 16. Try it out if you like being frustrated. ;)

This after about 20 tries as I said above. Didn't have the patience to keep at it. The payoff was so low it wouldn't be worth the time.

Wrothgar undead should scale worm drops along with their level scaling. But I think ZoS dropped the ball on this.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no one has any ideas? Very odd....
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm something else. Anything else.

Take that something else and sell it.

Use the gold from that sale to buy worms at a guild store.

Probably faster than farming them anyway.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, that's what i have resorted to. Damn worms are expensive though. Bizarre.

But no worm farming advice?
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thukhozod's Sanctum in Wrothgar has zombies in it..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zombies in silver and gold zones.
    Flower and material nodes also drop worms.

I play in AD, so my gold zone is DC ...I farmed a lot of worms in Alik'r Desert when I grinded up my sorc, in Sentinel beach and Satakalaam...

Zombies in IC sewers also drops tons of worms, however I don't farm those :p
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 20, 2016 10:59AM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both. Finding zombies that drop worms at VR16 is the challenge.

I hope I won't be overlevelled for Alik'r Desert gold. It's a VR 9 or so zone, right?

Do those zombies in Thukhozod's Sanctum drop worms at VR16? Since the VR16 Wrothgar Draugar didn't, I am crossing my fingers. :)
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on April 20, 2016 7:54PM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Thukhozod's Sanctum in Wrothgar has zombies in it..

Thanks! The zombies there drop worms. I got about 10 in one run through.

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks both. Finding zombies that drop worms at VR16 is the challenge.

I hope I won't be overlevelled for Alik'r Desert gold. It's a VR 9 or so zone, right?

Do those zombies in Thukhozod's Sanctum drop worms at VR16? Since the VR16 Wrothgar Draugar didn't, I am crossing my fingers. :)

v8-v9 area if I'm not mistaken... because the materials are v9-v14, the runes are v7-v8 if I remember correctly.

I prefer the satakalaam spot though, it's huge and there are 3-4 grindspots for that purpose. Enemies die fast, and there are always more spawns.

Here's the grindspot:
    fvcvio.jpg
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, not there yet in gold playthrough but will keep it in mind. :) Thanks!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, not there yet in gold playthrough but will keep it in mind. :) Thanks!

Ask around in your guilds, if anyone can give you a port to the wayshrine :p it's the fastest way. Just be aware that there are tons of mobs to run past, from the wayshrine down to the actual grindspot. Don't stop running untill you hit a very long bridge, and that bridge is the best grindspot there ...

Basically start at either side, gather all close mob groups and kill them all (if you don't, you mess up the spawns), and go to other side of the bridge to do the same. Ping pong back and forth, area is big so a horsie is a good idea :p
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can just gallop through all the zones if I need to gather more. About to enter a new zone anyway so will have a lot of non-ocean fishing to keep me busy in the meantime. Cyrodil ocean will have to wait. :)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The image and place Satakalaam is in Alik'r Desert, not Cyrodiil or Imperial City >.<

Imperial City mobs are tougher than regular ones, I mean much tougher and there is always gankers who farm grinders... it's worth it for overall economy + worms, but Alik'r is better for exclusive worm farming :p
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you are confused. I mentioned Cyrodil for fishing not worm framing!
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil fishing is rather tense isn't it? Not knowing if you will get attacked. But you can fish while you are in stealth mode.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil fishing is rather tense isn't it? Not knowing if you will get attacked. But you can fish while you are in stealth mode.

It appears from your avatar that you are AD. If that is correct, ocean fishing for you will be no big deal at all. I finished all Cyrodiil achievement fishing in 3 hours on a DC character. I did it at 4am after a DC nightcap to get close enough, then snuck in. The ocean fishing is right outside the AD gate. The rest should be easy. AD is the only frickin faction with all 4 fishing zones in its area. Grrrrr....
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VodkaVixen1979 true, but people can also fish inside delves and dungeons such as Quickwater Cave, however it is slowpoke fishing.

It helps knowing duellers who like fishing, because you can meet up from all factions and go fishing - in case a ganker shows up, his alliance mates will warn him and if he doesn't listen then the others will kill him fast :p

Imperial City fishing is bad, gankers + tons of mobs with high hp and fast spawn rate.
    Wrothgar have had some bugs, I don't know if it is fixed or not yet.. at least it's not pvp area.
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they are nerfed. I have a farm spot for something else but I regularly rack up stacks upon stacks of worms.

Last night in 90 minutes of playtime I had 479 worms.
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    I don't think they are nerfed. I have a farm spot for something else but I regularly rack up stacks upon stacks of worms.

Last night in 90 minutes of playtime I had 479 worms.

Please enlighten us!!
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar