The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mob XP after VR removal. Answered: XP in Wrothgar is same as on live

phreatophile
phreatophile
✭✭✭✭✭
•Every Veteran Rank is equivalent to 10 Champion Points.
•For example: A monster that used to be VR12 will now be Champion Point 120.

•Monsters will now scale up faster in difficulty through veteran zones.

•Experience gain rules will continue to function as they did for Veteran Ranks:
•Mobs 40 Champion Points below your level will grant 75% of their normal XP.
•Mobs 50 or more Champion Points below your level will grant 30% of their normal XP.

I, foolishly, asked this in the patch notes thread earlier, but posts come in so quickly there it was quickly buried 3 or 4 pages deep.

Hopefully someone playing on PTS or a ZOS rep can answer this. My reading of the above is that, once VR levels are removed, players with 160CP will get full XP from mob kills, players with 200CP will get 75% of full XP, and players with 210CP will get 30% of full XP. Is this true? If so how do people feel about this?

Let's say an overworld Mob in Wrothgar or Hew's Bane gives 680XP for a kill today. It appears that with 200CP it will now give 510XP and with 210CP it will only give 204XP. Since no other modifier is listed in the patch notes, from 210CP to the cap at 501CP there will be no place to get full XP, none, anywhere.

If my reading of this is correctly, Champion Points are about to get a lot harder to get.

Edited by phreatophile on April 27, 2016 2:05PM

Best Answer

• Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    therrieur wrote: »
    In a way, it might be easier to get xp, since you'll be able to scale down to the optimal cp level for certain grind spots.

You're referring to not spending all the points you have earned? Does that actually work? I guess/hope it would have to work that way or leveling alts in silver or gold zones would be completely fruitless apart from Skyshards.

Wish I had the space for PTS on my hard drive. All it takes is for someone with more than 210CP to go kill a few echateres in Wrothgar. If we get less than 300XP, then this is how it works and from now until DB release is grind time, because it will be 3 times slower when DB goes live.

A quick test on PTS in Wrothgar using an account with 492 CPs.
    • Mammoth = 3640 XP Enlightened = 901 normal XP
    • Durzog = 1820 XP Enlightened = 455 normal XP

I'm pretty sure this is exactly (or very close) to the XP values on live at v16.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
    Answer ✓
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This depends on how they set scaling.

For scaled zones like Wrothgar and Hews, it could easily be that for my 501 it 'scales" to 501, not 160.

Now if i go to non-scaled craglorn and take on a locked 140, i get 30%.

But i am not sure the scaled work as you describe (since really, they aee scaling me)

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does need some clarification, because as it reads now the max level for any mob, anywhere is CS Rank 160. Even in the Adventure Zones. The way it reads, anyone at 210 CPs or more will have to kill 3 1/3 mobs to get one mobs worth that a 160 CP Player will get.

It can't be right that they would nerf all the Exp this way, as while I can believe the majority of the player base is not at 501, I can't believe the majority is less than 160 in champ points.

@ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you clarify this please.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• therrieur
    therrieur
    ✭✭✭
    In a way, it might be easier to get xp, since you'll be able to scale down to the optimal cp level for certain grind spots.
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is part of their "catch up" mechanism so player's with low CP earn at an accelerated rate vs those who have higher amounts. I remember reading this in an article.
    NA/PC
  • PereUch
    PereUch
    ✭✭✭
    For exemple, a mob (with same cp as me) give 100xp... it means, if i am c200 and i kill a c160 mob, the mob give me only 75xp... so it also means that if i am c501, the mob give me only 30xp??? :o
    llSithisll
    CP780+ ▪ Cœurébène ▪Xbox EU

cxxxxx():::::::::::::::::::::::::::›

Elethael Lame Noire DPS
    Maeline Templière HEAL
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're referring to not spending all the points you have earned? Does that actually work? I guess/hope it would have to work that way or leveling alts in silver or gold zones would be completely fruitless apart from Skyshards.

Wish I had the space for PTS on my hard drive. All it takes is for someone with more than 210CP to go kill a few echateres in Wrothgar. If we get less than 300XP, then this is how it works and from now until DB release is grind time, because it will be 3 times slower when DB goes live.
    Edited by phreatophile on April 27, 2016 12:12PM
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A quick test on PTS in Wrothgar using an account with 492 CPs.
    • Mammoth = 3640 XP Enlightened = 901 normal XP
    • Durzog = 1820 XP Enlightened = 455 normal XP

I'm pretty sure this is exactly (or very close) to the XP values on live at v16.

Thanks very much. I still think ZOS needs to clarify this a bit to avoid exactly the confusion that prompted the question.