Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Thieves Guild motifs-the new style materials

Ourorboros
Ourorboros
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
While the Patch notes listed many new motifs that will come with TG, I don't recall seeing ANY information about the associated style stones. Crafters know you can't make a style without the racial stone. Has anyone found new stones to go with the new motifs? The next Patch item after motifs was the Mimic stone. My fear is they will try to force us to buy Mimic stones for the new motifs. I haven't ventured into new TG on PTS yet, but hoping someone who has can provide some insight.

edit: @Tallowby compiled a complete list of the new in-game style materials. See post #11.
Edited by Ourorboros on February 9, 2016 2:22PM
PC/NA/DC
Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    I spent about 3 hours on PTS unlocked all locations while looting and did not find a single one of the new style stones. :(
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »
    I spent about 3 hours on PTS unlocked all locations while looting and did not find a single one of the new style stones. :(

That is not good news. It bothers me that there was no mention of new style materials in the Patch notes. I can't recall any other motif release that did not also include information about the style stones, even if they were a PITA to get like Dwemer, Malachite, Laurel, Goldscale, and Charcoal of Remorse. I won't be crafting any new motifs, regardless of which chapters I know, if the only source of style stones is buying Mimics from crown store. If there are no in-game sources, zos has gone too far!

edit: Lots of good info posted in thread, but bottom-line is there ARE new style mats for the new motifs in-game.
    Edited by Ourorboros on February 9, 2016 2:06PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Tallowby wrote: »

That is not good news. It bothers me that there was no mention of new style materials in the Patch notes. I can't recall any other motif release that did not also include information about the style stones, even if they were a PITA to get like Dwemer, Malachite, Laurel, Goldscale, and Charcoal of Remorse. I won't be crafting any new motifs, regardless of which chapters I know, if the only source of style stones is buying Mimics from crown store. If there are no in-game sources, zos has gone too far!

Yeah, since the chapters are gonna be found in DLC zones that are already not free, that would be really bad. And Soul shriven style is gonna be part of the base game. Not cool.

But I still hope they will put normal mats on live.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Blackers
    Blackers
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is much input, but I found the motif for Outlaw Boots and the style stone in the same delve, Bahraha's Gloom? style stone is called Rogue's Soot. i know the motif dropped from the boss, but didn't really notice how the Rogue's Soot dropped sadly.
    MagBlade / Templar Healer (PC/EU/DC)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blackers wrote: »
    Not sure if it is much input, but I found the motif for Outlaw Boots and the style stone in the same delve, Bahraha's Gloom? style stone is called Rogue's Soot. i know the motif dropped from the boss, but didn't really notice how the Rogue's Soot dropped sadly.

Thanks for the confirmation. I got another answer that Alliance style stones can be bought with 1000 tel var stones. Kinda pricey IMO, but at least they can be had in-game. This info really should have been included in Patch notes.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the bright side, all the nodes I came across were top level materials (Rubedite, etc.) with a top level crafter, rather than a mix of VR14 & 16 materials like Wrothgar. Hopefully this carries over from the PTS to live!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rogue's Soot can be gotten from crafting nodes in Hew's Bane. Just putting this out here as well.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • ashlee17
    ashlee17
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have any more information about the new motifs and style stones on the pts?

Ways to find them, drop rates, farming suggestions etc..

I'm an avid crafter and can't wait to hunt down the new motifs!

Thanks everyone, and happy adventuring!
    Administrator of More Than Fair Guild- North American Server- Come and Join us for a fun and friendly experience - 480+ members and great trader location- all factions welcome - mail me @ashlee17 in game for an invite.
    Join the crusade for better guild management tools!
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/145742/help-we-need-more-guild-management-tools/p1
    Please comment and support this cause!
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    As said elsewhere, faction stones are 1k TV each not bound, at IC base. really easy.
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tallowby compiled a nice list of the new style materials for all the new motifs.

THIEVES GUILD ADDITIONS
    Motif ?? - Trinimac - Auric Tusk (chapters found in Orsinium Daily Delve Boxes)
    Motif ?? - Malacath - Potash (chapters found in Orsinium Daily Boss Boxes)
    Motif ?? - Outlaw - Rogue's Soot (chapters found in Thieves Guild Daily Boxes)
    Motif 25 - Alliance AD - Eagle Feather (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif 26 - Alliance DC - Lion Fang (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif 27 - Alliance EP - Dragon Scute (chapters found in cyrodiil & IC chests)
    Motif ?? - Soul-Shriven - Azure Plasm (Quest Reward - Complete Cadwell's Silver)
    PC/NA/DC
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potash and auric tusk can be obtained on the pts by deconstructing the gear you get from the daily wrothgar quest reward boxes (Trinimacs valor and pariah sets for example).
  • The_Tip
    The_Tip
    ✭✭✭
    dont they have that crown store thing that turns to any style you want or some ish like that?
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The_Tip wrote: »
    dont they have that crown store thing that turns to any style you want or some ish like that?

You're referring to the new Mimic stone. Based on patch notes, it should work for any motif. I'm not certain whether it will be in crown store Monday with TG update.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlon wrote: »
    Potash and auric tusk can be obtained on the pts by deconstructing the gear you get from the daily wrothgar quest reward boxes (Trinimacs valor and pariah sets for example).
    I can confirm this works on live too.

Yesterday I deconstructed a V15 reinforced item I got off a Wrothgar boss reward (which was in one of the DLC dropped sets but it's decon fodder really) and got an Aedric Tusk... not that I can use it yet :wink:
    PC-EU
  • Moriarti
    Moriarti
    ✭✭✭
    Potash also drop from Wrothgar World Bosses.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Style stones for Alliance motifs were reported on PTS as being sold in IC for 1000 tel var. No idea if this is true, but I can confirm these are sold by siege merchants for 10K AP. That's 90k AP just for style stones for a full set. I sure hope these turn up in other locations, because both the above options are too rich for my liking.
    PC/NA/DC
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been told (haven't confirmed myself) that Azure Plasm (Soul Shriven) can be gotten from Dark Anchors.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been told (haven't confirmed myself) that Azure Plasm (Soul Shriven) can be gotten from Dark Anchors.

Just got one last night off from one of those ‘mini-dolmens’ you know, where 3 or 4 drop out of a blue cloud rather than a normal dolmen.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac's style stone just dropped for me from a delve boss in the Wrothgar.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azure Plasm drops from dolmens, mini-dolmens and (just like Malachite shards for Glass) treasure chests.
    Halcyon Black
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tallowby compiled a nice list of the new style materials for all the new motifs.

THIEVES GUILD ADDITIONS
    Motif ?? - Soul-Shriven - Azure Plasm (Quest Reward - Complete Cadwell's Silver)

Auric Tusk and Potash can be gotten by deconstructing armor in these styles (Trinimac's Valor and Pariah)
    Rogue's Soot drops from resource nodes in Hew's Bane.
    Eagle Feather, Lion Fang, and Dragon Scute can be purchased from quartermasters with AP (you can only purchase the one that corresponds with your alliance).
    Azure Plasm can best be found by doing dolmens.
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

THIEVES GUILD ADDITIONS

Auric Tusk and Potash can be gotten by deconstructing armor in these styles (Trinimac's Valor and Pariah)
    Rogue's Soot drops from resource nodes in Hew's Bane.
    Eagle Feather, Lion Fang, and Dragon Scute can be purchased from quartermasters with AP (you can only purchase the one that corresponds with your alliance).
    Azure Plasm can best be found by doing dolmens.

I need 3 more to learn all AD pieces.

As an AD character, how do i get the DC and EP? i dont have alts in either faction.

It is also kind of silly, that i can only purchase the style for my faction. Forcing me to talk to friends to buy it for me or to make characters in each faction or even buy them from stores.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple OUTLAW style books, but not a single soot... What crafting resource nodes?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have multiple OUTLAW style books, but not a single soot... What crafting resource nodes?

Any wood or cloth or leather node in Hew's Bane. I have found two I think.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    Soot is easy to find at nodes in hews bane
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @QuebraRegra Not sure about runes or waters, but I have collected soot from all other types of resource nodes. It seemed rare when TG dropped, but as I was fishing a few days ago in Hew's Bane, I got soot about 1 in 6 nodes.
    PC/NA/DC