Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Nightblade Build

G0DS_DEMON
G0DS_DEMON
✭✭
I wanted to ask for opinions on a stamina night blade build. I am trying to help my son with his final build but I figure the community on here knows alot more than I do. This build is mostly going to be used for PVP. I figure he is going with medium armor, but what set or sets should he use. I have been told that Hundlinds Rage and/or Night Mothers Gaze are what should be used. Is this true ?? If so what pieces out of the 7 armor pieces should be what ?? Right now he is not going to use any monster sets until he can acquire them. Next question is; What traits should he use ?? Some have suggested using impenetrable, some have said divines. I have no idea. Maybe both ?? If so, what armor pieces get what trait, or doesn't it matter ?? Lastly, should the enchantments on the armor be stamina, stamina recovery, or health based enchantments ?? I really don't know the stats of my sons character currently. I'm just looking for some general tips from the community.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 hundings, the rest Night Mother's. 3 agility jewelry. All medium. All impenetrable. He should aim toward acquiring 1 piece of Bloodspawn and 1 piece Molag Kena. Only sorcerers can get away without using impen imo
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    You do want impen on a few pieces actually but idk about full impen
    Xbox 1 NA
    Stamblade: Grand overlord
    Stamsorc: Major
    Magplar: Centurion
    551k vma
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ostrapz wrote: »
    You do want impen on a few pieces actually but idk about full impen

Full impen, it's currently BiS for Pvp and it's not even remotely close
  • G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    BiS ?? Sorry I don't exactly know what that means... LOL
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns i was looking at the thread with impen chart earlier and it no doubt cuts crit damage by alot. Everyone is riding this impen wave right now though, everyone. Which means that there are less daggers, less precise. Because of sorcs shields being uncrittable last patch everyone already stopped investing as much into precise strikes cp tree for example. The way it is now i doubt people are doing to much to boost crit over weapon damage or more stam for example
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns i was looking at the thread with impen chart earlier and it no doubt cuts crit damage by alot. Everyone is riding this impen wave right now though, everyone. Which means that there are less daggers, less precise. Because of sorcs shields being uncrittable last patch everyone already stopped investing as much into precise strikes cp tree for example. The way it is now i doubt people are doing to much to boost crit over weapon damage or more stam for example

Let's counter this by having a look at the meta builds in game currently.

"Bomb blade"
    Shadow stone, NB crit damage bonus, guaranteed crit with shadowy disguise. 1 crit set bonus from VD

All Stam builds
    Hundings, 2 crit damage bonuses from sets, medium Armor crit chance passive, various CP and class Passives

So, that's most people on the game running something to boost their crit. It's a no brainer, unless you're playing a build with 100% up time on shields there's no question that impen is BIS, you build to fight the shark not the guppy. Crit builds are far and away the most dangerous builds in Pvp.

You don't see people with daggers because their crit chance is high enough without them, not because there's nobody bringing big incoming crit damage
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Nb's get a lotta natural crit so they are a bit diffrent, but heres my view. The meta is magicka now. Stamblades are alot less common then last patch.You play the same people as me so i know we are seeing the sane thing. Those magicka nbs trying to make bomb builds hit extremely hard but tbh as a stam nb like the op son plans on being i feel vastly superior 1v1 against them. You pull most out of stealth and dodge the proxy and most of them will just try to run making that crit obsolete, running group my warrant more impen but my main point being thati dont see many other classes with crit higher than around 30%, and i never see someone put their precious mighty points into precise strikes. Your right that crit is just baked into some builds but i think 4 impen and points into crit resist would be fine
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns for honestys sake i have 50 crit without asking for it so you have a point but im khajiit lol
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nb's get a lotta natural crit so they are a bit diffrent, but heres my view. The meta is magicka now. Stamblades are alot less common then last patch.You play the same people as me so i know we are seeing the sane thing. Those magicka nbs trying to make bomb builds hit extremely hard but tbh as a stam nb like the op son plans on being i feel vastly superior 1v1 against them. You pull most out of stealth and dodge the proxy and most of them will just try to run making that crit obsolete, running group my warrant more impen but my main point being thati dont see many other classes with crit higher than around 30%, and i never see someone put their precious mighty points into precise strikes. Your right that crit is just baked into some builds but i think 4 impen and points into crit resist would be fine

I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. What trait do you think is more valuable than impen?

You will notice quite a difference in your survivability by adding 3 more impen, more than the difference in offensive power you'll get from divines or infused.

Default crit chance for any build with 90 CP is 32%, without gear, btw
    Edited by Lexxypwns on April 22, 2016 12:37AM
  • ostrapz
    ostrapz
    ✭✭✭
    Well default crit sounds like what i was saying then.My original gear was made infused and is still purple and i until i have the gold to make a full set gold im dont plan on testing impen because im barely hitting 25kstam.my impen monster pieces by themself def helped i believe. If you have full impen or divines set we can go test your dps loss vs the damage point reduction you take, you may very well be right. My point to op was infused cant go wrong and divines gives him flexibilty, on a side note do you have vd?
    Xbox 1 NA
    551k vma