Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Traders Guild?

Wakkoo
Wakkoo
✭✭
I was just curious if we've heard anything about a Traders Guild, or Merchants Guild or something. Just as Thieves Guild and stuff, a player could become a trader, set up their own shops, players could buy from them and perhaps even sell to them for preset prices the player sets up for specific items. Theives Guild might even be able to steal from the players who wants to play as a merchant. Maybe traders could send out caravans, and the theives could get missions to rob them. Maybe traders could hire players from Fighters Guild to protect their goods/caravans from theives. Just throwing out ideas here.

I would just like to see a much more player driven, dynamic breathing world, instead of just PvE and PvP combat as the "main" thing a player can do. Most of them time when I play Elder Scrolls game, I dont actually do a awfully lot of combat unless I have to. I love trading, and being a sneaky thief. I would prefer if combat wasnt always the main occupation in a MMO, especially not a deep and rich game like Elder Scrolls.
  • mysteryblogga
    OH I so agree with you! I am terrible with PVP and trying to get better, but I am definitely a thief at heart! This sounds like a really great idea but I doubt they'll add anything more to the trading aspect of it since you can already trade face-to-face with someone, send items thru the mail to players, and utilize the guild traders and guild banks. I would love to see something like that implemented, but I just don't think it will happen :(
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    I like this concept to an extent.
    I feel as though the economy of the game is hindered by the necessity of either random face to face trading, or large enough guilds to have stores.

I'm an adult in my early 30s, my gaming hours are restricted by my job, which with my work hours makes joining a large notable guild a bit of a challenge, as I'm seldom able to work with their schedules. And I have few personal friends who game. My roommate and I are often grouped up, but that's it.

Point is, it's causing me to have things I would ideally like to sell (merc motif pages, excess alliance motifs, etc) but I have no means to really sell unless I want to try randomly babbling on voice chat in a town. I have no real means to sell things in game, whereas something like a traders guild or some form of the concept could give more solo heavy players the same opportunity the Monopoly sized guilds have at their fingertips on a whim.
  • Aidence
    Aidence
    ✭✭
    Wakkoo wrote: »
    Maybe traders could hire players from Fighters Guild to protect their goods/caravans from thieves.

I would love for this. It would be awesome if I do PvP outside of IC or Cyrodiil and it wouldn't have the issues that the planned enforcer system would.
    For a new dawn under Covenant rule!!!