The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When they remove VR ranks; they need to upgrade all Gear to the same Level

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lucious90 wrote: »
    I know this may be a bit of topic, did ZOS ever explain why they are removing the VR ranks and reverting back to lvl 50? Like I understand VR was a temp system, but at this point with the grind that people have already put, I would be pretty salty to be reverted back to lvl 50. This doesnt make sense to me. Get rid of the Vet Ranks, rework exp requirements for the increase in regular levels, implement CP system. Lvl Cap becomes lvl 66 with the same amount of CP 160. Still allows mats to be viable and doesnt feel like the game is regressing instead of progressing

What is the point of just renaming vet levels? And what is the point of levels past completing the main story at 50 if they don't align with later zones? If CP will cover gear levels the only use left for levels is matching zone levels in Cadwell's Silver and Gold. I don't know what their plans are for Cadwell leveling, but if they remove the static zone levels, there will be no point whatsoever in keeping any level artifacts. And since the point is to remove character-based leveling past 50, they should not replace VR with more levels.

The high XP vet setup was far superior to what you are suggesting because it was progression for the Cadwell zones that covered all the content and didn't create to big of a gap between people starting Silver and people at max level. If you kept the same leveling curve from pre-vet levels, we would probably have a max level around 150.

So if we are getting rid of vr and we already have cp, there is no point in keeping the levels past 50. Having linear xp increase requirements 3-66 was never an option because you would hit 66 in your first Cadwell's Silver zone (assuming you also do the starter zones).

And you are actually still level 50 when you are at vet ranks. You are level 50 with additional vet ranks. They are just replacing those ranks.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    I know this may be a bit of topic, did ZOS ever explain why they are removing the VR ranks and reverting back to lvl 50? Like I understand VR was a temp system, but at this point with the grind that people have already put, I would be pretty salty to be reverted back to lvl 50. This doesnt make sense to me. Get rid of the Vet Ranks, rework exp requirements for the increase in regular levels, implement CP system. Lvl Cap becomes lvl 66 with the same amount of CP 160. Still allows mats to be viable and doesnt feel like the game is regressing instead of progressing

What is the point of just renaming vet levels? And what is the point of levels past completing the main story at 50 if they don't align with later zones? If CP will cover gear levels the only use left for levels is matching zone levels in Cadwell's Silver and Gold. I don't know what their plans are for Cadwell leveling, but if they remove the static zone levels, there will be no point whatsoever in keeping any level artifacts. And since the point is to remove character-based leveling past 50, they should not replace VR with more levels.

The high XP vet setup was far superior to what you are suggesting because it was progression for the Cadwell zones that covered all the content and didn't create to big of a gap between people starting Silver and people at max level. If you kept the same leveling curve from pre-vet levels, we would probably have a max level around 150.

So if we are getting rid of vr and we already have cp, there is no point in keeping the levels past 50. Having linear xp increase requirements 3-66 was never an option because you would hit 66 in your first Cadwell's Silver zone (assuming you also do the starter zones).

And you are actually still level 50 when you are at vet ranks. You are level 50 with additional vet ranks. They are just replacing those ranks.

Must levels match the main story line? There are a plethora of side quests etc. Keep the static level zones, with the new DLC they can incorporate more story line to adjust for the new levels, not saying keep us in a perpetual grind for an unobtainable level cap. But I can hit 50 in no time just grinding through the main quest. My first toon I did in 8 hours with side quests, grinded mobs vr1-vr16 in a few days. May decide to do Cadwells (though I am not to keen on seeing the same story from another perspective) They want to release DLC every quarter, match it with a level increase and content. Adjust the EXP requirements. I just dont see how keeping us at level 50 and giving account wide CP is going to do anything end game PvP or PvE, good cash cow if they make us pay crowns for more character slots. But with this lets hope for good end game content
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Must levels match the main story line? There are a plethora of side quests etc. Keep the static level zones, with the new DLC they can incorporate more story line to adjust for the new levels, not saying keep us in a perpetual grind for an unobtainable level cap. But I can hit 50 in no time just grinding through the main quest. My first toon I did in 8 hours with side quests, grinded mobs vr1-vr16 in a few days. May decide to do Cadwells (though I am not to keen on seeing the same story from another perspective) They want to release DLC every quarter, match it with a level increase and content. Adjust the EXP requirements. I just dont see how keeping us at level 50 and giving account wide CP is going to do anything end game PvP or PvE, good cash cow if they make us pay crowns for more character slots. But with this lets hope for good end game content

Revenue is pretty irrelevant here. This change is not about selling character slots. It is about appeasing the people who thought v16 takes too long. v16 is a lot of leveling. I also question the perspective of anyone who uses a phrase like "make us" pay crowns for more character slots. What else would they do but charge for that? Why are you trying to make something so normal and obvious seem malevolent and nefarious? Are you trying to say that the approach ZOS is taking is bad because they have evil intentions?

You don't see how getting rid of VR will do good. I don't see how it will do bad. You mention the quarterly DLC -- what you mention is exactly what most people don't want. They don't want to have to grind out more levels on multiple alts that they enjoy using for trials, PvP, and pledges. If you tie max level gear to levels, you are making the game tedious when the game encourages the use of multiple characters if you want to experience all the classes.

To be honest, how long it takes to grind to 50 is irrelevant to the question of whether level 50 should be higher. They should not consider how long it takes to grind to max level when they determine what max level should be.

Add more content? I don't think you thought that through. If you change leveling in the home faction zones, you have to adjust all gear and mobs due to changes in power. The fewer changes the better. The 16 in v16 was not an arbitrary. It was a way to have leveling without having out-leveling your gear every few days and without making a person finishing Craglorn 3 times as powerful as someone starting Silver. Replacing that with easy to obtain levels is pointless. There is no reason to retain those levels if people are going to finish them in the first zone in Silver.
  • TheValkyn
    TheValkyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Lol OP you do realise that the actual MATS in the current game won't fall away right you do REALISE that ?

So Voidstone, cloth ect. will still remain...

That means Rubedite Ingots, Rubedo leather & Ancient Silk will still be max level gear...

Why would that change? The only thing changing is that instead of having to reach VR16 before using these max level mats now you will just need to have 160CP on your account... So technically anyone with 160CP can now wear max level gear...

You are either
      A - extremely lazy and don't want to achieve anything ( heck why don't they just mail you with 200 Tempering Alloy, Dreugh Wax, Rosin when the VR fall away ) B - did not think before posting C - did not understand that materials are what separates gear level D - Don't enjoy playing ESO and want an excuse to quit

In conclusion OP:

Rubedite Ingots, Rubedo leather & Ancient silk are not falling away ( only Veteran Ranks are ) that means 160 CP ( 10 CP / VR ) will = meeting the requirement for max level gear...

The nice thing about this is that your char will be able to wear VR16 gear at VR1 in 3 months as long as you have the mats for it!

isn't that reward enough already? Do you really want more?

/facepalm

You took all that time to make a post about something completely different then what I was referring to.

Dinosaurs.
  • Lil_Willie
    Lil_Willie
    ✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Except this one:

shield_of_akatoshs_blessing.jpg

OP
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as they update certain popluar dropped gear pieces to the next 'DLC level' i wouldnt mind. Like I dont mind refarming vWGT for a new higher level kena helm if the gear crap increases for example. At least it would give me something to do.

As for completely doing away with higher tier gear levels, I think it would be hard to do. There's only so many ingenous sets one can cr8 before things start getting old. The only way to entice people to get DLCs is new shinies. With ESO 80% of gear is crafted so if gear cap never increased, one could be competitive with just crafted sets and never get a DLC. I dont think ZOS has that approach to this game. Their approach is THROW YO MONEY AT ME if you want to be the leet kidz.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly,

VR1 = 10CP
    VR10 = 100CP
    VR16 = 160CP

Gear and other bumfluff will be labeled xCP on the tooltips, and will be the equip band. All existing vr16 stuff will be labeled 160CP.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Why are people so dumb.

Veteran Ranks = An achievement for long-term players of the game.

Downside to veteran ranks is that after getting V16, if you want an alt you then have to get that alt to V16 AGAIN. If your already a "Veteran Player" why should you have to do this? This is why veteran ranks are being removed, so you get to say, 510 champion points, your technically a veteran player and if you do want to make another alt you ALREADY HAVE the champion points you earned.

It's saving you more time, and giving you more time to enjoy the game. Gear will start at 160CP = V16, the new system makes sense.
    Edited by Obliterate on April 18, 2016 9:02AM
  • LordSidious
    LordSidious
    ✭✭✭
    *Puts flame suit on since I don't know if this info is right*

I don't know if I've been reading this right since I've been searching the web too trying to find information about it. I just hit VR maybe a month ago so I haven't paid much attention to what's happening with the rank system, but my understanding is this is going to happen:
    • VR ranks go away completely
    • Champion Points replace post-50 levels?
    • Gear past Level 50 is based on Champion Points earned? I.e. instead of VR4-6 gear, something equivalent costs X amount of CP?

Does that sound about right? If so, are the total available Champion Points changing and the passives with them? I kind of like the VR system since it shows who's loyal to the game, but I could go for this too since I haven't made it to VR16 yet and am pretty early into the "endgame".
    Admiral of the Salty Swordsmen
    "A man of the seas and I captain I be, 'ole Pinkbeard, a many booty I please."

Xbox One NA - Aldmeri Dominion
    Gamertag: Bogeh
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    If I recall correctly,

VR1 = 10CP
    VR10 = 100CP
    VR16 = 160CP

Gear and other bumfluff will be labeled xCP on the tooltips, and will be the equip band. All existing vr16 stuff will be labeled 160CP.

It takes a day to get 10CP because of the catch-up mechanics.

What kind of shenanigans are these?!
    'Chaos
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    If I recall correctly,

VR1 = 10CP
    VR10 = 100CP
    VR16 = 160CP

It takes a day to get 10CP because of the catch-up mechanics.

What kind of shenanigans are these?!

I'd have thought it would be pretty easy to get to 160CP with smart grinding, enlightenment, quest bonuses and xp boosts! But we have to factor in how strong we are making existing top level gear in the spectrum of CP, how long that gear will exist as top dog etc

Also, the balance of the average CP per person. I think that 160CP is a good medium.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Puts flame suit on since I don't know if this info is right*

I don't know if I've been reading this right since I've been searching the web too trying to find information about it. I just hit VR maybe a month ago so I haven't paid much attention to what's happening with the rank system, but my understanding is this is going to happen:
    • VR ranks go away completely
    • Champion Points replace post-50 levels?
    • Gear past Level 50 is based on Champion Points earned? I.e. instead of VR4-6 gear, something equivalent costs X amount of CP?

Does that sound about right? If so, are the total available Champion Points changing and the passives with them? I kind of like the VR system since it shows who's loyal to the game, but I could go for this too since I haven't made it to VR16 yet and am pretty early into the "endgame".

Basically yes. Or at least yes so far, since everything can change between now and then. The champion system just got updated with the last patch, so I don't expect any changes and no changes have been hinted at. The cap is supposedly going to be raised by 51.

Don't forget to go through the silver / gold areas to pick up the skill points. You will be able to equip your new vet character with the highest gear, but most builds need the extra skill points to flush out their builds.

Rumor has it, that it will be on PTS soon-ish. So some more detailed info should be available.
    Edited by myrrrorb14_ESO on April 19, 2016 3:27PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Champion points are account-wide, and the VR16 grind is plain ugly. The idea is you hit the CP cap and you can play multiple level 50 characters without doing the VR16 grind three times.

Sarcastically - they apparently want us all to roll nightblades, and this makes it easier. You can hit 50 in a few days.