Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Two questions i had in store for a long time

Svalinn
Svalinn
✭✭✭
So.. i've been playing ESO for quite a while now but it's just now that i finally was able to access the forums.

All this time i had 2 questions i wanted to do but couldent so i'm going to take my chance and do them now:

1. Anyone knows if it's the devs have in store to make a "1 vs 1" or "team" PvP arena? I mean like the one in ES: Oblivion, where you could register, fight, i seems to recall even be able to place bets... etc etc. i'd really like to see something like that in ESO i think it would be awesome... just imagine people that wuld be able to enlist, get their special arena costume to use... rank up until arena champion and get a special costume + perks kind of like the emperor one in open world pvp... while every one else could just go on the stands and see the fights.

2. Anyone has a clue as to why the magic "schools" were taken off of the game? i mean "Illusion, destruction, restoration, ecc"? maybe a "Lore" explanation reguarding the time in wich ESO plays? or a gameplay mechanic desition the devs explained?

Thanks everyone ^^
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. They're supposedly planning PvP arenas/battlegrounds. Soon™, so I wouldn't hold my breath - I honestly think I and most everyone I know who still plays will be long gone by then.

2. Not sure what to say, I very vaguely remember how they even work :tongue: I suppose devs just decided current layout works better for a MMO.
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    1. They're supposedly planning PvP arenas/battlegrounds. Soon™, so I wouldn't hold my breath - I honestly think I and most everyone I know who still plays will be long gone by then.

2. Not sure what to say, I very vaguely remember how they even work :tongue: I suppose devs just decided current layout works better for a MMO.

I see... well thanks, i don't think the magic schools might "return" even tho i wish we could have some kind of explanation kind of like... "at the time ESO plays (so supposedly kind of long time in the past compared to oblivion, skyrim etc if i remember correctly), the magical schools still weren't completely discovered" or something like that xD

As far as the arena goes... i think that people that likes this game will come back everytime there's a new DLC since every DLC seems to bring new areas, new main storyline, equips.. etc etc... i really hope to see that arena implemented! If they have it in the "soon" list it's probably better than having it in the "never" list.... hoping that the two of them are not the same one :P
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Svalinn wrote: »
    Magdalina wrote: »

I see... well thanks, i don't think the magic schools might "return" even tho i wish we could have some kind of explanation kind of like... "at the time ESO plays (so supposedly kind of long time in the past compared to oblivion, skyrim etc if i remember correctly), the magical schools still weren't completely discovered" or something like that xD

As far as the arena goes... i think that people that likes this game will come back everytime there's a new DLC since every DLC seems to bring new areas, new main storyline, equips.. etc etc... i really hope to see that arena implemented! If they have it in the "soon" list it's probably better than having it in the "never" list.... hoping that the two of them are not the same one :P

It used to officially be in the "never" list but they've supposedly reconsidered. Not sure if because of SO many cries from the PvP community or because they were planning to more or less implement something like that with PvP portion of the Justice System but they backed out on that one so could've decided to go for normal Arenas instead.

Hopefully they will get there eventually and it won't end up same way PvP Justice System had :(