The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting 46, Its so Frustrating

threefarms
threefarms
✭✭✭
Does anyone have any tips or want to give help. Enchanting is really hard to level. (PS4 NA)
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    find an enchanting buddy, can be one of your own alts, to make green glyphs you then decon. iirc it took maybe 20-30 per level but it goes quick with a buddy.

has to be another char or alt, ones you make yourself dont do much of anything when you shred them.

I would help but i am on pc na.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doing the writ everyday helps
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get Rekuta and Craft purple glyphs in the highest level u can craft.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    threefarms wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips or want to give help. Enchanting is really hard to level. (PS4 NA)

Yeah it's a pain. It took me about three hours of constant creating, trading and deconstructing glyphs (white and green at the highest level possible) with someone to get from 38-50.

If you don't find a partner on here and want to level as quickly as possible, then next time you're at a table just message a few of the people and see if they want to do it.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of all the crafts, Enchanting is the only one to go so slow. But like any other craft, the more you do it the faster you level. Trading with other enchanters works, but is a PITA. You can only trade six glyphs at once whether you use mail or face-to-face. You also have to have a good rune supply to make the glyphs. If you don't farm them, it can be expensive to buy. The same is basically true when using an alt. You can trade more at one go if you have bank space, but then have to deal with relogging. I've leveled 3 enchanters by doing nothing more than extracting looted glyphs. The higher the glyph, the more Inspiration you will gain. I decon all the glyphs my 3 v16s find. You need a good source of glyphs. Undead and deadra seem to have a higher drop rate, especially Imps. Chests are another good glyph source. Doing the daily writ is a good idea. No matter what you do , it's going to take time and/or gold. One tip rarely mentioned is learning all the runes. These give a big Inspiration boost the first time you use them. I suggest that you save these until the last 3-5 levels. They will make the last levels go much faster. Just consider yourself lucky.....Enchanted has been changed several times to make it easier than it was for us early Enchanters. :D

TL:DNR
      Do daily enchanting writ Find as many glyphs as possible, the higher level and quality the better (Glyph sources include loot, chests, guild stores, guild mates) Decon, decon, decon Learn all the rune definitions...for biggest bang do this at level 45 and higher
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    around 30 v15 purple glyphs should do the job, either buy them or buy:
    30 Jehade
    30 random cheap essense rune
    30 rekuta

Give to crafter, pay them some gold to craft you the glyphs, since you provide the materials it should be cheaper than usual, and you deconstruct everything. Alternatively if you have a nice guildie or friend, who can help you instead...

If nothing, go to highest level area you have access too, and kill undeads to gain glyphs - grind the area for a bit, then head back to a crafting station and decon all glyphs.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 17, 2016 3:06PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont even bother with rekuta, take green or blue quality.
    If you have some skillpoints in enchanting skill line, you will get back most of the runes as well.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Jamellian
    Jamellian
    ✭✭
    Well for me it was taking an alt, who had her enchanting already at 12 mostly from doing the level 1 crafting writs daily, and developing her crafting skill so she could pass glyphs to my main enchanting crafter.

You can rack up some good inspiration on all your alts by doing the daily crafting writs. And making sure you save all the raw mats possible so when you need them its just a matter of churning out the glyphs.

** From my experience, take a good look at the enchanting table that someone made ( Oh what a blessing that was, Thank You ** ). It shows the inspiration for each Potency Level, both the additive and subtractive.
    Not just that, but, inspiration in both making the glyphs and deconstructing them.
    I found that using a specific potency level, gave more IP in the deconstruction process. For me this was handy info, since my apprentice crafter would make glyphs for my main crafter to deconstruct.

Having the raw material available also make this process go by quicker. I have made many trips to the guild to buy specific runes.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Just have to do the writs everyday for that bonus inspiration and try to farm in areas that give alot of glyph drops. I would also go to the guild traders and buy all green+ glyphs i could find UNDER 500g and over lvl VR14.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting is a pain - but given its power I guess thats a good thing. I got to 50 through perseverance. I deconned everything I could get my hands on. Spent a fair amount of gold purchasing player made glyphs from guid stores, especially perusing for blues and up for cheap. Also, my guild had a glyph share strategy where you would dump drops for enchanters to decon in the bank - you would also make glyphs for others to decon and put in the bank. And as mentioned do those writs!!!!!!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Just dont give up, you will get there. I have 50 enchanting on 2 toons and about 38 on a 3rd. Mainly because i dont use the white glyphs that drop and i have to sell them.