Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tiny guide to reducing snipe and gank damage and all damage in cyrodiil.

Thechemicals
Thechemicals
✭✭✭✭✭
1. Impenetrable traits on 6-8 pieces of crafted gear. if you dont have it....anyone with critical hit chance can hit you for 600x1.5 more damage. if you do have it, only NB's and critical rush can auto crit you.

2. Radiant Magelight. The other not so well known morph of magelight. 56% percent reduction in all damage taken from any stealth attack.

3. Dodge roll completely negates projectile attacks like snipe and crystal fragments

4. Potions. The ones that give you invisibility are good and so are the super healing potions. Try to use them after removing debuffs.

5. Break out of stuns fast. Right click+left click. If you arent doing this fast, your going to die fast. If you feel your reflexes are not fast enough thats okay, you can use immovable and not have to worry about the stun. Pro tip: you can bind breakout on mousewheel up like i do and never be slow/stuck on the break.

6. Blocking+purging yourself. Most damage has a hidden killer- disease. It reduces your healing. If youre a templar, you should always have cleanse on your loadout. If your anything else, youll need to rank up purge in the alliance tree and morph it to a reduced cost.

7. Reflective scales if your a DK and Absorb Magic(defensive posture) if your a 1h/shield to reflect snipe. Evasion works well too and im told it stacks with other evasive stuff. All others will need damage shields.

8. Have at least 3000 health if you arent stacking damage shields or have a good escape mechanism. Sorcerers can bolt escape so some can even go below 2k health. NB's have shadow cloak. However if your a DK or a Templar, you arent so lucky and have to be tough to survive. I recommend 3500k for the latter classes.

9. Use the environment. Hide behind trees, rocks, other players. If i had a gold piece for everytime ive seen a player running past a rock formation while getting hit by snipe, id have like 700 billion gold.

10. Spend less time on your horse and more time on foot. Even having 4k health you can still be killed if dismounted by a ganker. Practice not dying as a style of play. Dont follow the trend of killing and dying liek everyone else does. Practice never dying, even when the odds are completely against you and death is certain. I have escaped sure death many times just by surviving and practicing not dying.

11. Versus Snipe a DK uses Scale. A nightblade uses Shadow cloak. A templar uses blazing Shield and purge. A sorc uses conjured ward and bolt escape.

12. You have to practice not dying always. Even if the devs return using forward camps, try not to die. This will train you to not overextend and attack nonsensical targets.

13. Stop thinking that what happens to you are the basis for whats fair and unfair. If you are getting wrecked, dont come on the forums and say something is OP, find out what you are doing wrong. While something can be abused, most are just game mechanics that have counters and ways to improve against.
Edited by Thechemicals on November 24, 2014 3:15PM
Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
Goddick
Daggerfall Covenant

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use a damage shield if you have. Stealth attack cannot crit if you have an active damage shield.
    Because I can!
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10. Spend less time on your horse and more time on foot. Even having 4k health you can still be killed if dismounted by a ganker.

Adding to this: If you do ride a horse, do not sprint on it unless it is absolutely critical you reach your destination ASAP (like a scroll keep under siege). Otherwise save your horse's stamina - it makes you immune to crowd control as long as it lasts. A horse with full stamina will protect you from at least one hit so you don't get knocked off, long enough for you to react and dismount.

Hover your finger over an ability you would use when attacked(nb: cloak, sorc: bolt escape, etc.). As soon as you hear music change to drums (its the combat theme, often the first indication of an incoming attack), hit that key immediately. It will dismount you and put you into a better position to start the fight.
    Edited by Sharee on November 15, 2014 9:52AM
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    Unlike Reflective Scales, Defensive Posture and it's morphs do not reflect Snipe.
    Edited by Rudyard on November 21, 2014 6:19PM
    Deacon Grim
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9. Use the environment. Hide behind trees, rocks, other players. If i had a gold piece for everytime ive seen a player running past a rock formation while getting hit by snipe, id have like 700 billion gold.
    Yes, thank you, I've mentioned this also, not just for avoiding/evading snipers but for all manner of extra defensive and hiding purposes. Even if someone has Magelight or a Detection potion, they still can't see through rocks and trees.

Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rudyard wrote: »
    Unlike Reflective Scales, Defensive Posture and it's morphs do not reflect Snipe.

Thanks, edited it.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Despite this post being old I wish I had read this when I first began PvP. The most useful was the part about what skills each class can use for buffs, I'm still sorta new i have 2 alts but my only vet is an nb so I have little experience with what skills other classes rely upon the most. I'm certainly glad I decided to put all of my weapon research into maces and mauls for the pen Passives. You can run all the damage bonuses you want but when it comes down to it if your not penetrating it's useless.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The necro is real
    Edited by BlackEar on April 17, 2016 8:18PM
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Despite this post being old I wish I had read this when I first began PvP. The most useful was the part about what skills each class can use for buffs, I'm still sorta new i have 2 alts but my only vet is an nb so I have little experience with what skills other classes rely upon the most. I'm certainly glad I decided to put all of my weapon research into maces and mauls for the pen Passives. You can run all the damage bonuses you want but when it comes down to it if your not penetrating it's useless.

Nice to see people still find this thread helpful. I haven't played eso in a while, been waiting for destiny 2. I still sometimes get the itch to play eso and stomp some people pvp hah.
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant