Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For Those Who Are New To MMORPGs

Panda_iMunch
Panda_iMunch
✭✭✭✭
Here is a common rule about account sharing that is common throughout most MMORPGs, don't share them with anyone. ZoS even has a little paragraph for it!

Just a heads up before anyone gets peered pressured by friends!

0dcglyrbbl5q.png
Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
Twitch: Pandalius
Beam: Pandalius
Twitter: Pandalius
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That paragraph actually does NOT exclude you from letting someone else play on your account as long as they don't violate the TOS while using your account.

idea.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 14, 2016 12:04AM
  • Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    That paragraph actually does NOT exclude you from letting someone else play on your account as long as they don't violate the TOS while using your account.

idea.gif

The first line covers "any circumstance". Everything else in the paragraph is addendum material telling you what may happen if further activity is conducted while the account is already being shared.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    That paragraph actually does NOT exclude you letting someone else play on your account as long as they don't violate the TOS while using your account.

idea.gif

"Your account... may be... terminated if someone else uses your account..."

It's pretty clear about it, but hey, don't let it stop you! I'm sure you'll be fine (just kidding) Kappa
    Yeetus that fetus

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That paragraph actually does NOT exclude you letting someone else play on your account as long as they don't violate the TOS while using your account.
    idea.gif
    It's pretty clear about it, but hey, don't let it stop you! I'm sure you'll be fine (just kidding) Kappa

Nope, you omitted the important part of that sentence:

"Your account... may be... terminated if someone else uses your account... to engage in activity to violate these TOS or is otherwise improper or illegal"

Reading comprehension saves accounts!
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 14, 2016 12:10AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsir wrote: »
    The first line covers "any circumstance".

The first line talks about transferring your account, which is not the same as letting someone else play on it.
    shades.gif
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    idea.gif

Nope, you omitted the important part of that sentence:

"Your account... may be... terminated if someone else uses your account... to engage in activity to violate these TOS or is otherwise improper or illegal"

Reading comprehension saves accounts!
    shades.gif

Well considering that "Account are non-transferable under all circumstances." that sharing that you do with your friend violates the ToS , therefore the statement is still applicable.

Also, legal transferring is just the "the movement of property from one person or entity to another." So if a person has access and can use it, the account has be transferred to that person.
    Edited by Panda_iMunch on April 14, 2016 12:15AM
    Yeetus that fetus

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering that "Account are non-transferable under all circumstances." that sharing that you do with your friend violates the ToS , therefore the statement is still applicable.
    If you sit right next to me in front of my computer and i let you create a character under my ESO account and you play that character, at no point did i *transfer* my account to you.
    shades.gif
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you sit right next to me in front of my computer and i let you create a character under my ESO account and you play that character, at no point did i *transfer* my account to you.
    shades.gif

Yes you did transfer, the issue is ZoS having to prove that.
    Yeetus that fetus

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Careful guys: according to @ZOS_GregoryV in this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259765/account-sharing#latest
    discussing what's in the Terms of Service is against forum rules. Apparently it's not about whether you're discussing a specific disciplinary action (because that's not what was happening in that thread), we're simply not allowed to talk about what the rules are.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    Careful guys: according to @ZOS_GregoryV in this thread:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/259765/account-sharing#latest
    discussing what's in the Terms of Service is against forum rules. Apparently it's not about whether you're discussing a specific disciplinary action (because that's not what was happening in that thread), we're simply not allowed to talk about what the rules are.

Just trying to be helpful, but I can understand that if they don't want to be spammed :^)
    Yeetus that fetus

• Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif

You do realise that transfer does not mean "give ownership", right? It means moving from one place to another. Which means "transferring" can happen multiple times. You transfer your account to the person you're sharing it with, they transfer it back, etc etc. Just because you don't sign a contract saying you bequeath your account undisputed unto another person with no option for return does not mean you're not engaging in a transfer. A temporary transfer, but a transfer. It really is not the hardest thing in the world to grasp. I mean, I could give benefit of the doubt if English is not your first language because words vs meanings can be hard to translate effectively.
    Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    shades.gif

You do realise that transfer does not mean "give ownership", right? It means moving from one place to another. Which means "transferring" can happen multiple times. You transfer your account to the person you're sharing it with, they transfer it back, etc etc. Just because you don't sign a contract saying you bequeath your account undisputed unto another person with no option for return does not mean you're not engaging in a transfer. A temporary transfer, but a transfer. It really is not the hardest thing in the world to grasp. I mean, I could give benefit of the doubt if English is not your first language because words vs meanings can be hard to translate effectively.

Much more eloquent than what I said, but still very true. To be fair, legal definitions can be different than what is commonly said.
    Yeetus that fetus

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I could give benefit of the doubt if English is not your first language because words vs meanings can be hard to translate effectively.
    English is indeed not my first language but i don't think i am in need of your doubt.

The paragraph states:

Which in turn clearly implies that someone can use my account if the do *NOT* engage in activity to violate these TOS or is otherwise improper or illegal.
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on April 14, 2016 1:44AM
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I could give benefit of the doubt if English is not your first language because words vs meanings can be hard to translate effectively.
    English is indeed not my first language but i don't think i am in need of your doubt.

The paragraph states:

Which in turn clearly implies that someone can use my account if the do *NOT* engage in activity to violate these TOS or is otherwise improper or illegal.
    shades.gif

Sharing your account is a violation and so that person would be violating the ToS on that account either way...
    Yeetus that fetus

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

idea.gif

Ok,how do they know your friend is playing a character you let them make on your PC? They have no way to know that.
    My friend had a character ahd she came down to my place to play.She died a few weeks ago,but I still play her character for her.
    I posted here about it and ZOS said nothing to me at all,thankfully.
    So,I think the problem might be sharing on different computers,rather than just letting your pal play sometimes on your account.
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in a high end raiding guild in EQ2 and it is fair to say that on any given raid, at least 25% of the characters were being played by a different account holder. Hell, most every raid someone was 2-boxing theirs and another's account if someone couldn't show up. Not saying it's right, but it was very common place and well known.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    wtf people are actually reading the TOS all of a sudden .... its a miracle