Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Why do your 8 PCs cooperate?

scorpiodog
scorpiodog
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone made a back story about why their 8 PCs are cooperating?

Kind of an interesting idea - 8 people who are never seen together sharing bank space and working together across three Kingdoms.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    please explain Im kinda lost here
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prabooo - I see some people have stories about their characters ... background and motivation and so on. Since we are allowed up to eight characters, I was wondering if the story people make for their characters is all separate and individual, or if they make up a story about how/why two or more of their characters "cooperating" and working towards a common goal. For example, many people have one or more alternates doing "crafting". I was wondering if anyone has gone so far as to make a story behind the relationship between the "crafter" and the "primary", for example.

Or if their "primary" and "Alts" have completely independent and separate story lines.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    cool! :) My first char is the uncle of the one I use now, and when I run into the merchants I ask them: Remember me? I used to come here with my uncle... But that happens in seconds, otherwise I am preparing for PvP
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    My eight characters met as fellow members of the same mercenary group, which disbanded some years ago. Now they've agreed to form a Secret Society and infiltrate all the nations of Tamriel (and Akavir, too, when it becomes feasible) in order to set up central banking schemes based upon usury and intended gradually to cheat the populations of every land of their wealth under color of law. They hope one day to control all the chat channels so they can censor anything they don't like, but that's a plan for the dim and distant future. As my Argonian character told the others at a Secret Society Meeting in Windhelm's crypt, "Control the Chat Channels! Unless we control the Chat Channels all we do is idle!"
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    My characters at some point come to know one another in story, though they are not all friends and not all working together. The bank mechanics, for example, is not really realistic, even if I had only ONE character, so I do not tend to include it as part of my fiction. I may speak of a bank, if my character stays in one place and maybe has a business, but the mechanics of it I would stay from.
    I think that is a very interesting idea you have though, and I can see how it can work if your characters are friendly and working to the same goals.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They are all my slaves. They do whatever I want them to do.

They don't want to be DELETEd like past slaves that didn't please me.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on March 14, 2016 4:56AM
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been working on a story on why my 8 characters know one another. I'm currently on page 60, and still have a ways to go. This one's the long one, and the equivalent of the finale.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are all secretly selected members from both the fighters and mages guilds. Chosen for their potential and inherent gifts of physical prowess or magical abilities by an unknown being. Together they are charged with the protection of the 3 faction leaders to ensure that Molag Bal does not succeed with his devious plans.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Mwnci
    Mwnci
    ✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    Has anyone made a back story about why their 8 PCs are cooperating?

Kind of an interesting idea - 8 people who are never seen together sharing bank space and working together across three Kingdoms.

Mine are all independent of each other; however, they all benefit from a generous, but anonymous, benefactor who keeps filling their bank account with nifty stuff. :smiley:
    Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin,
    Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!
    Ahrk fin norok paal graan fod nust hon zindro zaan,
    Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal!
  • Cat_with_Plates
    Cat_with_Plates
    ✭✭✭
    2 separated brothers each with their own goals on opposite ends of tamriel. Though the brother working with the Aldmeri Dominion is secretly trying to bring his brother Elsweyr and defect against the Pact.

One brother is an equipment crafter due to his patience and control. The other is a maker of consumable and magic goods as their volatile and quick processes compliment his excitable khajiiti nature. They frequently write each other and exchange goods in secret.
    This one needs something?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mine are all brothers or cousins of the Mahspoor clan of the Khajiit Bandi traders syndicate.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I read the post and thought man I wish I had money to run 8 computers.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been kind of thinking about this for a few weeks, and my 8 Characters are all members of an Illuminati (hidden hand) Adventurers' Group that can never have more than 8 members. In order for a new member to join someone has to die. They communicate and meet up virtually in some magical way through the Tamriel Banking system. Heck, "IT'S MAGIC". The reason for the limited number of members is so that it can operate more effectively, secretly and decisively than a guild.

The first group of founding members who established the group was a rag-tag group of disorganized misfits that lacked cohesion and purpose. Then one member, a Sorceror, rose up to be the most powerful. He arranged for the disappearance of almost all of the other founding members and has replaced them with new members willing to work towards common goals under his leadership. Currently the Lead is working to be the "hidden hand" behind AD Crown, one is a farming mats in Kentharis Roost, three more basically steal, launder, coordinate the hirelings and craft in the three capitals. The last three are currently just "mules", but could be replaced in the future with more active roles. (but actually 5 is about the limit I can play and keep track of).

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, i dont really roleplay or backstory, but the general idea is they are all sisters by blood or marriage *shrug*

The male toons (especially catman) are just there.
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are all in the same correspondence Book Club.
    ;)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Molag Bal stole their souls, 4 of them were in a band of misfits called "The 4 Companions".

Even though they all came from very different backgrounds and different regions of Tamriel, they are all bound together by their love of adventure and loot. Especially loot.

Now they roam Tamriel individually, dreaming of the day they will be reunited ...

The other 4 are paid servants and seem quite content with the mundane life of a housekeeper.
    bye1.gif
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All members of a mercenary company with shady and questionable pasts. Most of them are in it for the money or glory...or both. Some are doing it because they have no where else to go, no one else to call family or a place to call home. Some are running from something and feel safest in a group of people that wont ask too many questions. Others are there because their sins or the sins of their parents have given them no other safe harbor but the company of ex thieves, assassins, murderers and flea bitten peasants.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm...

My husband started playing first. He tended to play Bretons in Morrowind ... mostly played Nords in Skyrim. So when he started rolling up Altmer for ESO, well it was just a thing. For some reason he made them brothers, started with two sets of twins. So they were family.

He also really really liked that dragon tattoo.

I started playing. Rolled up a pair of twin altmer sisters (with the tattoo) and the extended Caemaire family and the Order of the Dragon were born.

Then I created the spouse of one of his early Altmer... she's a dunmer, and latecomer to the order.

Then we did Orc sisters, both order members.

It branches out from there, but every character we have is connected to previous (even if nonexistent) characters. Family, Order, there's always a connection.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because I am the Oversoul that they are all a part of. They co-operate because they must.