Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zams Guide To Everything ESO

• Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hisuiko wrote: »
    Thanks Zameri, great guide!

@Hisuiko‌ You are very welcome! :D
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Mitlak
    Mitlak
    Soul Shriven
    @Zameri Thanks a bunch, gives me a place to look when I cannot figure it out.
  • Gankdalf
    Gankdalf
    Soul Shriven
    Nice thread!
    "Fus...Ro..."

• Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note to let you know that the following does not work.
    Cannot change the id - which is what shows up in the forums.

"How do I change my name on the forums?? It says my real name/email name HELP!
    Spoiler:
    - Go to your Profile click the big edit button on the top right! Shortcut to the edit button "HERE!" Then change the Username Field!"
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a note to let you know that the following does not work.
    Cannot change the id - which is what shows up in the forums.

"How do I change my name on the forums?? It says my real name/email name HELP!
    Spoiler:
    - Go to your Profile click the big edit button on the top right! Shortcut to the edit button "HERE!" Then change the Username Field!"

@j.murro2ub17_ESO This will be kept in the guide but with a tag saying does not work for now

@kstauthamerb16_ESO‌ Thanks will add it to the guide!
    Edited by Zameri on April 23, 2014 11:36PM
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • Taran
    Taran
    ✭✭
    Great guides, thanks for taking the time to compiling all the resources

Here is another resource for treasure maps, full with treasure map explanation, and detailed guides and screenshots for each map:

ESO: Treasure Map

Also this is a good wiki to add it provides help with quests, locations of NPCs, wayshrines, and much more, its the one me and my friends use, maybe add it as a resource:

http://orcz.com/eso

Cheers
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I apologize for the recent lack of updating to the guide! I have been busy with some irl stuff and am looking forward to updating the guide tomorrow! Builds would be appreciated if you could send them to me via message! Also, if you have other information you would like to see in the guide post it here!

~Zam
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • nickersy
    nickersy
    ✭✭
    thanks for adding my sorcerer build
  • RoyMallis
    RoyMallis
    ✭✭✭
    @Zameri, didn't know about the @ badge. Thanks :D
    I do what I can, when I can, to provide in game help to those seeking it. @RoyMallis
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zam : In the Controls and Keybindings section:

(1) . – Activate cursor is not included on the Gameplay Controls sheet that accompanies the retail DVD package. I haven't tried it out on a character yet.

What does activating the cursor do? Can you de-activate the cursor, too?

(2) Will your character Dodge if you "double tap" one of the Movement keys <W A S D>? The Gameplay controls shows this for the four Arrow keys, which apparently can be used to move your character too.

(3) The<Ctrl> key is labeled "Toggle Crouch" on the Gameplay Controls sheet, and labeled as "Sneak" on your guide .... I suppose a character must crouch in order to sneak ... in Tamriel, at least. :-)

(4) The Gameplay Controls sheet "Block + LMB Tap" is labeled Interrupt instead of "Bash".

(5) Your list does not include the slash character < / > which starts a "slash command" when used at the beginning of the chat command line. (It is on the Gameplay Controls sheet.)

On my Coolermaster Quick Fire TK compact mechanical keyboard, the <Ins> <Del> <Home> <End> <PgUp> <PgDn> keys and the four directional Arrow keys are on the numeric keypad. When <NumLk> is engaged, they are shifted to digit keys. What this means is that I must change the default keybinding for Toggle Autorun to another key.

FWIW: always exchange < W> and <S> so that <S> is step Forward and <W> is Withdraw (step back). It is so much easier to use them that way than it is with the default configuration!
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Drsunday
    Drsunday
    Soul Shriven
    Just wondering....How many other archers out there don't use any of their class skills or upgrade them really?
  • Rykarch
    Rykarch
    ✭✭
    Drsunday wrote: »
    Just wondering....How many other archers out there don't use any of their class skills or upgrade them really?

I am one of them, I must say..
  • Umad_BrO
    Umad_BrO
    ✭✭✭
    @Zameri that was incredible man, thank you for all the time you had to have put into this.
    What's the matter? Did somebody steal your sweet roll?
  • katcali
    katcali
    Is there a Cap on weapon damage?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im wondering why this is still a sticky, the OP hasn't been around for a year and this thing is currently worrhless
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • LordSock
    LordSock
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah this should be unstickied. Or at least edited.. So much outdated info.
  • absurdious
    This is the kind of post that I was referring to in my thread I just posted. This is the official ESO forum, and yet, here is a "guide" that is over 2 years old and thoroughly outdated with non-applicable information. By having this still stickied on the official forum, it confuses new players such as myself as to what is and is not relevant information.
  • Zameri
    Zameri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello!

I'm super sorry for not updating this guide as the game has progressed and evolved. I have had a ton of life issues happening the past few years and am looking for some help updating this guide. If anyone wants to contribute please pm me!

P.s Im currently playing through on a new character and taking note on things i find confusing as i haven't played in ages!

~Zam
    Arkay Beta Tester
  • JUSTIN_giver
    JUSTIN_giver
    Soul Shriven
    This was really helpful as a new player. Thank you for putting the time in for those of us just starting our adventure. REally loving this community so far. Helpful, polite.. seriously a huge change of pace fro the destiny forums I have been on for the last couple years.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you devs hate us nightblades.

You nerf our stealth ability.

You nerf our stealth critical bonus.

We dont have a role in a group.

And you take the only fun thing we can do.

Gank the hell out of the other players
  • lazarusrevives
    @Zameri hey there! How is the update going? Just found this here in 2021 and it looks out dated, but was one of the top items in the list on player guides. Hope you and yours are doing well!
    It's green so it's nature! XD