The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

As a Templar Mg tank..

Laranoye
Laranoye
✭✭✭
Howdy,

I've been viewing various builds, but most are mixed and im really confused about the gear to use.. and enchantments.

Should I be using 5 seducer/ 5 magnus/Julianos or torugs.. or Hist bark/ and seducer?My Templar is nearly V1 but would like to get into Heal/tanking.

So I'm imperial, all points in magicka. will use mainly heavy armor sword and board. but not sure what gear :) I can craft most gear at trait level 6 and shield 8.

Thanks.
  • wookikiller95
    wookikiller95
    ✭✭✭
    Use 5 Armor Master and 4 seducer with 3 willpower
    Edited by wookikiller95 on March 30, 2016 11:57AM
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭

I would use armor master, however I do not have 9 traits yet, nor know anyone who can craft it, and its on xbox.. so no text chat yet to find anyone haha...
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some good starter gear is 5 seducer and 4 Alessia's Bulwark. Both are craftable and don't require too many traits researched. Just buy regular blue rings with health or stam, don't worry about getting V1 set jewelry (unless you can find them and don't mind paying).

Once you get to endgame, your goal is to experiment. Thanks to V16 mats, V14 materials and enchants are relatively cheap. Make yourself several sets, experiment with play style. Some may tell you to go 5 seducer's, 5 footman's while others will say 5 armor master or histbark with willpower rings and engine guardian. It really is about finding a combo you enjoy. Hope this helps!
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Armor Master is garbage that locks up a skill slot on both bars. You would be better off with five Ebon, Lunar Bastion, Pariah or Footman so you could run that 5 piece (with jewelry) with another 5 piece (The jewelry allows for dropped sets like Imperium or crafted) and a 2 piece undaunted set. Better options for crafted over Armor Master are Whitestrakes, Tava's and Histbark.
    Edited by nordsavage on March 30, 2016 12:28PM
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks folks.

But I also wonder about enchants. if im generally all magicka. should it be enchanting for health or stam or mixed.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as @nordsavage mentioned, Armor Master is really bad ..specially for templar magicka tanks. It requires around 5k stamina to proc the 5th bonus lol ...

I had a friend that was tank/healer and used to run with 5 v16 seducer & 5 v14 footmans & 3 robust willpower jewelry, and for 4-mans group dungeons it was very good. I don't know if this is the best combination of sets though, but it worked for my friend.

If you want to be a magicka tank, go full magicka enchants and adjust your attribute points if you want more stamina or health ...it's the cheapest solution, as enchantments are more expensive than respec of attributes.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 30, 2016 2:30PM
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    as @nordsavage mentioned, Armor Master is really bad ..specially for templar magicka tanks. It requires around 5k stamina to proc the 5th bonus lol ...

I had a friend that was tank/healer and used to run with 5 v16 seducer & 5 v14 footmans & 3 robust willpower jewelry, and for 4-mans group dungeons it was very good. I don't know if this is the best combination of sets though, but it worked for my friend.

If you want to be a magicka tank, go full magicka enchants and adjust your attribute points if you want more stamina or health ...it's the cheapest solution, as enchantments are more expensive than respec of attributes.

Cheers. :smile:
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭

Ah what about gear for pre v14, cant get footmans until after that. :/
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Laranoye I am not sure what to use for a magicka tank at lower levels... many of the looted sets are level limited, and the lower level ones are not that good.
    ...and wether you use the grouping tool to do battlescaled v16 dungeons or not also matters, as you get better buffs the closer your armor is to your level.

What level are you?
  • Laranoye
    Laranoye
    ✭✭✭
    A question about Champion points, :neutral:

What would be best for a magplar tank?

And which of Thaumaturge or elemental expert? for puncturing sweeps? does it count as a dot or magic damage? or both? lol

I imagine i need in Blessed and some in defensive ones?

Cheers
  • sekou_trayvond
    sekou_trayvond
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laranoye wrote: »
    A question about Champion points, :neutral:

What would be best for a magplar tank?

And which of Thaumaturge or elemental expert? for puncturing sweeps? does it count as a dot or magic damage? or both? lol

I imagine i need in Blessed and some in defensive ones?

Cheers

Jabs counts as both DoT and magicka damage. Beyond that I'd have to login and look at my toon.

Re: armor Master, referenced above. I dunno. My magicka templar runs it. I don't seem to have any problems slotting it. My stam pool is for Taunt, Immovable and blocking. Occasionally a Dodge. YMMV I suppose. Works for me, though.