The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collectible Achievement Guide (Spoiler Alert)

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gargoyle in Craglorn can drop Stony Heart collectible? Any good spot for DC player?

All gargoyles can drop it. Rahni'Za School of Warriors and Tombs of the Na Totambu are good spots. There are also 5-6 just outside HRC entrance. The first two are group areas, could be tough to solo. Best place for DC is Qharroa Ruins in Bangkorai, but it's a narrow level range and off limits for vets. I got mine there on an alt when bank transfer still worked.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty vm.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Looking for some ideas on where to farm Mammoths as a VR16 EP character. The locations in The Rift are too low level and the Timber Mammoths in Vulkwasten (Malabal Tor) are friendly to me, I suspect because I did the quest line there.

I know there are mammoths in Wrothgar but these are hardly farmable. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Mammoths not targetable? For me, they are yellow targets, so, like mudcrabs, they can be attacked. There are more mammoths around one of the dolmens in Malabal Tor as well. Seems like this would be a better farming area.

I found a better place to farm Mammoths east of Bruma in Cyrodiil. There's an area with like 20 of them and rotation take 5 minutes if you kill fast enough.

I managed to get the last trophies I needed today so I am finally done! :D

If anyone needs some insight on good EP farming places hit me up, would be glad to be assistance, and good luck to fellow trophy hunters!
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Upcoming DLC still doesn't have farmable nix hounds. It's ludicrous that vDSA is the only place for EP folks to get the drop right now. Every time I bug customer support they give me vague assurances that it will be fixed "one day".
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    What drops the shell-shard? Is it only mudcrabs, or shalks and beetles too?
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I'd report back in here as well:

A healtank in the guild was willing to run with me on Normal DSA and we confirmed that the higher drop rates for Multifaceted Eye exist there, too. Finally got that darn drop. Now I can move on to the other grindy achievements.

As for shell shards, those are mudcrab only. Shalks have their own drop.

If you know where to look, there are some beaches in AD that have a lot of mudcrabs...
  • Martinio140
    Martinio140
    Soul Shriven
    Can anyone tell me whereabouts in the Lost Village - Coldharbour are the Flesh Atronachs? Been looking around for ages!
    Achievement Hunter on ESO - EU Server - VR6 High Elf Templar - DC
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone tell me whereabouts in the Lost Village - Coldharbour are the Flesh Atronachs? Been looking around for ages!

@Martinio140 It's on one of the islands you have to swim to for a boss. From your signature, it looks like you are DC. Abamath in Malabal Tor is probably the best place to farm these. There are many more of them than anywhere else I know of.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Martinio140
    Martinio140
    Soul Shriven
    @Martinio140 It's on one of the islands you have to swim to for a boss. From your signature, it looks like you are DC. Abamath in Malabal Tor is probably the best place to farm these. There are many more of them than anywhere else I know of.

@Ourorboros Cheers dude, wasn't sure whereabouts, just got to Malabal Tor so might be a while before I get to Abamath (I like to do everything in the area first before doing stuff like this)

P.s also popping out once in a while to the tree where M'aiq the Liar spawns, day 5 and still no luck lol.

Edited by Martinio140 on March 18, 2016 10:16PM
    Achievement Hunter on ESO - EU Server - VR6 High Elf Templar - DC
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a good, or at least half decent, spot to farm Wisps for their Glowing Remnant trophy for a VR16 EP character?

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether monster trophies have higher drop chance off mobs and bosses inside dungeons or whether that is only the case of a few select ones where ZOS intentionally buffed the drop chances like Bile Gilt off the Caverne Matriarch in Normal Darkshade Caverns?

For Wisps, SW Greenshade has an area with lots. There are also clusters of them along rivers in Reapers March.

I seem to get a fair number of collectibles in dungeons, but this could be RNG. I've never seen any solid evidence that it really is higher in dungeons.

anyone can help to find a good farm spot for EP with wisps for glowing remnant?! i really dont know where i should search ...

i just found this post from @Ourorboros but idk where he means SW Greenshade? (sw= south west? if it i searched there, but found just 3 of them)
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Achievement points: 33290
    Alliance rank: Grand Overlord (50)(since 2016)
    Soloplayer
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ling wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good, or at least half decent, spot to farm Wisps for their Glowing Remnant trophy for a VR16 EP character?

Also can anyone confirm or deny whether monster trophies have higher drop chance off mobs and bosses inside dungeons or whether that is only the case of a few select ones where ZOS intentionally buffed the drop chances like Bile Gilt off the Caverne Matriarch in Normal Darkshade Caverns?

For Wisps, SW Greenshade has an area with lots. There are also clusters of them along rivers in Reapers March.

I seem to get a fair number of collectibles in dungeons, but this could be RNG. I've never seen any solid evidence that it really is higher in dungeons.

anyone can help to find a good farm spot for EP with wisps for glowing remnant?! i really dont know where i should search ...

i just found this post from @Ourorboros but idk where he means SW Greenshade? (sw= south west? if it i searched there, but found just 3 of them)

@Ling The area I mentioned is near Rootwatch Tower craft station, close to Serpent Grotto wayshrine. There is a quest to kill a wispmother, and there are many wisps around her. You don't have to do the quest, but details about it, and a quest marker to the location are here: http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Amronal_of_Valenwood
    Edited by Ourorboros on April 8, 2016 3:26PM
    PC/NA/DC
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    Thanks everyone who contributed because soon as I get out this hospital I will be trophy hunting knocking out some achievements all while I stream on twitch follow me and come watch my journey @OhMyItsSlim
    Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.

• elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got "prized barb" from a giant scorpion in hew's bane.
    So hew's ban trophy drops confirmed.
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    thanks everyone to help me here to finish finally my last collectibles achievements!!!

now i will explain u guys how to get kagouti and nix hound trophy easy (as EP)! --> and i mean its really easy for everyone u only need like 30 mins to get it!!!

farming kagouti & nix hound trophy (as EP):

1. u just need like 50 soulgems and 3 people to help u!
    2. than go into vdsa to stage 4 (2. fire/wave)
    3. now dont kill anything! (ur friends can leave u now if they dont need it)
    4. left side on the door it will spawn a nix hound first, right side after little waiting will spawn a kagouti (dont kill anything only this creature what u want farm, very important!)
    5. when the nix hound/kagouti spawn only kill him and if is lootable (i think 20%-30% chance for loot) it will give u 100% the trophy!
    6. so u kill him if u get loot u have the trophy if NOT just die and the wave will reset, than u can kill it again and again! (but dont worry it dont took too much time because the chances are really high)

i hope i helped so many (EP) players to get this trophies!
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Soloplayer
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JanS @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_GaryA @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_KaiSchober Developers, when you already do something with kagouties to make EP players available get a trophy with them to achieve? Make as well as made to nix hounds, or make trophies of the loot that drops from mobs at any level, but not with mobs that are not more than 5 levels below the player. Somehow, with the low-level mobs drop the materials for crafting, as do the trophies in the same exception, the materials available for loss from any mobs. What's complicated? I read every patch notes, there are new areas, new DLC, in areas where there is no kagouties, that each DLC smaller and poorer filling, but no solution to trophy achievements for all.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks everyone to help me here to finish finally my last collectibles achievements!!!

now i will explain u guys how to get kagouti and nix hound trophy easy (as EP)! --> and i mean its really easy for everyone u only need like 30 mins to get it!!!

4. left side on the door it will spawn a nix hound first, right side after little waiting will spawn a kagouti (dont kill anything only this creature what u want farm, very important!)
    5. when the nix hound/kagouti spawn only kill him and if is lootable (i think 20%-30% chance for loot) it will give u 100% the trophy!
    6. so u kill him if u get loot u have the trophy if NOT just die and the wave will reset, than u can kill it again and again! (but dont worry it dont took too much time because the chances are really high)

I finally got the Multifaceted Eye on my NB running normal DSA last weekend. Now I only need the Kagouti tusk. I really wish ZOS would add some Nix Hounds/Kagouti in Cyrodiil near the South Morrowind Gate.
    The Moot Councillor
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    @Ling

Are you sure this works? Why is it important not to kill anyone but these mobs? To not complete the wave and do not screw up getting a trophy or have any other reasons? This only works in vDSA, in nDSA can not be obtained?
    I tried to get this trophy in nDSA, but no one kagouti was lootable, but every lootable nix hound contain an eye (I got from them earlier during the simple vDSA completion). Among other things to survive alone in this arena to me, magic dk, is almost impossible, even in the normal version mobs killed me by one shots, it would be in a veteran, I'm afraid to imagine.
    Here is described the second wave of the 4th of the arena, but also has kagouti on third wave. In the second wave comes cryomage, battlemage and a bunch of different mobs before kagouti, but on the wave 3 goes nix hound, kwama worker, house dres enforcer and bull netch, and then appears kagouti, much earlier than previous wave and survive on third wave was easier for me.
  • Ling
    Ling
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure this works?
    yes im sure because i got both trophies in this way!
    Why is it important not to kill anyone but these mobs? To not complete the wave and do not screw up getting a trophy or have any other reasons?
    if u kill too much mobs the stage will not reset if u die and normal continue, and nixhound (only 4 in DSA)/kagouti are only in stage 4 wave 2 & 3!
    This only works in vDSA, in nDSA can not be obtained?
    maybe it also works in nDSA, but im not sure because i dont tried it. i just farmed it on vDSA so im sure in vDSA it works 100% ;)
    I tried to get this trophy in nDSA, but no one kagouti was lootable, but every lootable nix hound contain an eye (I got from them earlier during the simple vDSA completion)
    and yes like i said, if anyone of both (nixhound/kagouti) lootable u will get the trophy 100%!
    u just need to farm this creatures until u can loot it
    Lìng ~ Ebonheart-Pact
    Soloplayer
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    Ok. I tryed to get collectible on nDSA but after 2 hours has no loot from kagouti. Sad. Will try on vDSA.
    I kill many mobs on wave 2 and 3, even if I left one mob wave restarts after I die. I just respawn at begin of DSA but if I use soul gem wave restarts too.
    Need spend more time to get this. And because this collectible too hard to get ZOS need fix this and add kagouties to somewhere else.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok. I tryed to get collectible on nDSA but after 2 hours has no loot from kagouti. Sad. Will try on vDSA.
    I kill many mobs on wave 2 and 3, even if I left one mob wave restarts after I die. I just respawn at begin of DSA but if I use soul gem wave restarts too.
    Need spend more time to get this. And because this collectible too hard to get ZOS need fix this and add kagouties to somewhere else.

Have you submitted a complaint to Customer Service? I don't know if this will help, but it couldn't hurt. I do know that Jackals were added to Craglorn for basically the same reason...no access to the collectible past a certain level. Sad to say, CS isn't what it used to be, but this is how myself and others got jackals added to Craglorn. Also sad to say, but zos has made it clear that they consider current kagouti access acceptable. Good luck!
    PC/NA/DC
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    I have already written to them several times, but received no adequate response, they refer to the forum. They read between the lines and do not understand what it is carried out, thinking it describes is not a problem, but some game mechanics, they do not have to explain. Unfortunately any support works so poorly. Banging into the wall so tired to write to the forum and I wrote in my post nicknames of ZOS comrades, so they received a notice and they finally pay attention to the problem.
  • StrangerFull
    StrangerFull
    ✭✭✭
    OK. I already got trophy from vDSA. I spend 2 hours on nDSA and got trophy from third kagouti in vDSA =)
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are the bull netches in DSA lootable for the collectable?
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razor-Edged Mandible: There are a bunch of shalks in Bad Man Hollows (public dungeon) in Glenumbra, I'm trying this place out now. Another possible location drop for this trophy might be Burroot Kwama Mine (dungeon) in Grahtwood, which has lots of thunderbugs, although I'm not quite sure if the Mandible drops from thunderbugs.
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lariana wrote: »
    Razor-Edged Mandible: There are a bunch of shalks in Bad Man Hollows (public dungeon) in Glenumbra, I'm trying this place out now. Another possible location drop for this trophy might be Burroot Kwama Mine (dungeon) in Grahtwood, which has lots of thunderbugs, although I'm not quite sure if the Mandible drops from thunderbugs.

The mandibles do drop from thunderbugs. They drop from all three variations of this creature, so this one can be easily collected in all three alliances. Too bad zos didn't incorporate a similar dispersion with all collectibles, instead of just some of them.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to loot Crypt Jar (Tomb Urn) lately? I am farming Gandranen Ruins in Shadowfen and Anka-Ra Burial Site in Craglorn without any luck. Is this tophy even in the loot tables in the current game?
    cryptjar.jpg
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Katinas You're farming the right spots if you're DC. If you are AD or EP farm the ruin in south cental Ali'kr, near the goat wayshrine. This trophy has always been a tough drop.
    PC/NA/DC
  • Katinas
    Katinas
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Katinas You're farming the right spots if you're DC. If you are AD or EP farm the ruin in south cental Ali'kr, near the goat wayshrine. This trophy has always been a tough drop.

Yes I play on DC side. Thanks for confirming. Guess it's just bad luck then.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I went through 6 or 7 character levels farming for my Crypt Jar. I killed hundreds of mobs, and was within a whisker of out-leveling an alt created mostly to farm this. It was a tough drop that has gotten even tougher, since they can't be transferred through the bank now. Just stick with it, it will drop eventually. Monster trophies are one of the toughest grinds in the game, if not THE toughest. Wish there was a title to reflect this. :'( GL
    PC/NA/DC
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While the jury is out on whether One Tamriel will be good or bad for the game, it will definitely be good for those who are chasing the often elusive monster trophies. OT should put right the awful gaffe zos made when monster trophies could no longer be swapped between alts through the bank. That move made these achievements nearly impossible for one character to complete. But if the advertised zone scaling for OT becomes a reality, no monster will ever be out-leveled. This is especially good news for EP characters looking for nix hounds, kagouti, etc. This thread has been about the best locations to farm monster trophies. I wonder if prime locations will be overrun with trophy farmers from all 3 alliances. At least OT should mean the end of DSA runs for EP alts for nix hounds.......that was totally ridiculous.
    PC/NA/DC