The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Still pink textures..

tfraley
tfraley
Good day guys,

I've been at this awhile with ESO support and others concerning the creation.

It seems crashing has stopped, however I'm still experincing.

Pink textures
Occasional missing ground in PVP, which I fall to my death.
Occasional hangs on quitting.
Occasional plugins disable -- to the point of having to quit the game, the enter the addons menu and re-enable out of date addons.

It may be my imagination, but I feel things take longer to load even the first load into the game.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pink textures usually indicate corrupt local game files. A "repair" from that launcher should fix that.

However, i have seen some of this with the 64-bit client but NOT with the 32-bit client which leads me to believe there are still some serious bugs in the 64-bit client.

I went back to using the 32-bit client and it is working much better for me ...
    shades.gif
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 64bit client is essentially still in beta, hence not being able to launch it from the client. They seemed to fix the crashing and I'm not noticing the weird sounds anymore. The pink textures can be fixed with a restart. The blurry ground textures were introduced in 2.1 or 2.2 so I don't think it's an x64 issue. Not noticing your other issues. The lag in pvp has sort of improved, a bit. They seem to be getting there, I'm optomistic
    PC | EU
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tfraley wrote: »
    It may be my imagination, but I feel things take longer to load even the first load into the game.
    @tfraley, are you still on OS X 10.9 Mavericks? If so, update to Yosemite, or better yet, to El Capitan. You can read about the reason why in my Mac 64-bit client FAQ. The same goes for hanging/malfunctioning addons.
  • tfraley
    tfraley
    Guys, Thanks for the replys.

I should of mentions I am on OSX El Capitan and I have been back and forth.

Textures have been part of the 64bit client issues with that past crashes.

The reason behind it.. i've had a long thread on it but figured it was time to start a new one.

Was Mac's because of security and the way it's built only allow xxx amount of files to be open.
    With the move to 64bit client more files are needed to load. Which is why Joe was testing some changes which has been pushed out with one of the last patches. This increased the number of files to 5000, I still believe the pink texture issue is still related to this in some way.

I have not done much testing as I'm happy to play the game without crashes not.. It was ridiculous before.

Someone mentioned a repair, fixing the pink textures.. Yes, normally this is the case, but not since the 64bit client its about the texture not loading because it just can't not because it's corrupt

Anyhow will do some more testing soon, just nice to be able to play again.
  • bitsquare
    bitsquare
    ✭✭
    I've gone so far as to reinstall the entire game from scratch, after running the repair process countless times.

Already on the latest version of Yosemite. My system exceed the system requirements.

Running the app in Fullscreen mode with VSync disabled. All graphics sliders set to minimum. Graphics quality set to Medium.

Doesn't help.
  • TitanJeff
    TitanJeff
    ✭✭
    It's frustrating. I continue to look for answers.

The pink creatures are gone but the strange blue pixel graphics (sometimes white or red) on the ground continues.