The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mag Sorcerer PvE

TheTreznor
TheTreznor
Soul Shriven
Hi all!

I just got back to the game after a break for a year. TG out now, DB coming etc. Looks like it can be a good year for ESO!

Anyway, I used to play a NB and a Templar but now I'm starting a Mag Sorcerer. I've tried to read up on a lot of different builds (here and on Tamriel Foundry), but most are Veteran or from the end of last year. Has a lot changed with the new DLCs? I know that I basically can play PvE solo up to 50 just by have a dmg, buff and heal, but I really liked the idea of playing a DW/Restro Sorcerer. Is that still a good path to go and still play at Veteran? Or should I go Destro/Restro? Or Pet build?
I'm mainly going to play casual solo PvE, but will do some group and PvP as well.

Thanks in advance.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only builds that I have seen currently soloing vet dungeons are Pet Sorcs.

@Thelon 's build has soloed 5 different vet dungeons. His is the more standard sorc build.

I personally run resto DW and a pet build, his and mine differ greatly.

There is then the Yolo sorc, curse, frag, streak, wrath, healing ward, harness magicka, hardened ward, daedric mines, and innerlight. This is the 99% of sorcs you'll see anywhere, exact same armor (Julianos willpower kena etc... PvE) (VD and Julianos for PvP)

My suggestion is do anything but the 99% all, in PvE it relies on group members for sustainability and in PvP every Dk now knows how to rock you. Though shield stackin will get you through a lot.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well restoration staff got nerfed and doesn't provide the 12% damage anymore, so it's not viable for group pve unless you are a healer. The current meta is destro/ dual wield for magicka users... with destro skills on destro bar, and class skills on dual wield bar.

For solo pve restoration staff is very viable, and same goes for pvp. Most sorcerers in pvp run with resto/destro staff, so they can have Healing Ward and Mutagen slotted for survival.

Just craft 5 seducer, 3 torugs for levelling. :p ..and welcome back to ESO.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 3, 2016 2:16PM
  • TheTreznor
    TheTreznor
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks a lot for the tips guys :)
  • Sakriem
    Sakriem
    Sorry to jump in, but I'm also just starting (lvl 30 High elf mágicka sorcerer) and been trying to build the set up on Yolo's guide.. After reading above can someone else expand on whether to follow Yolo or Thelons path? Thanks on advance! :)
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Resto is good for survivability but destro staff is necessary for leveling as sorcs don't have a class spamable ability so you need force pulse for pve. At higher levels you can use dual wield for overload/execute bar but I would still run destro front bar
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA