Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Taunting

arun_rajputb16_ESO
arun_rajputb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know if it's possible to over taunt adds and bosses? And if two players taunt an enemy at the same time, which attribute/factor determines who successfully taunts?
Edited by arun_rajputb16_ESO on April 5, 2016 10:36AM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be possible for 1 tank to over taunt , but not anymore. Now you can over taunt when two players are taunting back and forth.

Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It used to be possible for 1 tank to over taunt , but not anymore. Now you can over taunt when two players are taunting back and forth.

Thanks. I've seen the over taunt when two are taunting and the add/boss runs off ignoring us both. Do you know what determining factor decides which tank wins the taunt if both taunt at the same time? I have a feeling it's damage based...
  • ForlornBeliever
    I'm pretty sure it's whoever taunts last. The last group dungeon I ran, one of the other guys kept taunting on accident and I had to keep reusing mine every couple of seconds. Considering the other player was only around level 15 or so, I think that guarantees that it isn't damage based since my character is Vet 11.
    Edited by ForlornBeliever on April 5, 2016 6:28PM
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely not based on the latest taunter. I've noticed on trials especially, sometimes I'll taunt and not grab aggro and other times I'll ask another tank to take over and he can't take the aggro. I have a horrible feeling the determining factor is damage caused, which would be silly for tanks!

Having said that, Inner Fire seems to work like that but Puncture doesn't.

I just can't seem to find an answer for this. I really wish this game had an official wiki. With all the updates every three months, a lot of information on the web is old and not valid anymore.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience it seems to be the person that taunted last. In MoL tanks can swap boss aggro without problems when they taunt the opposing boss and in SO when some dd on Lamia duty accidently taunts the boss, the tank can usually get him back fast.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The second stage bosses in MoL, it works perfectly. But then when you try it on Rakkhat, it doesn't seem to work. Well, Inner Fire does but Puncture doesn't.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if it's possible to over taunt adds and bosses? And if two players taunt an enemy at the same time, which attribute/factor determines who successfully taunts?

From the 2.1.4 patch notes:
    Taunt immunity can no longer be triggered by a single player character taunting the same target.

Two or more player characters who taunt a single target a total of three times among them will still cause the target to become immune.
    Taunts from combat pets do not count toward the limit, and pets will no longer taunt targets already taunted by a player character.

The way i understand it:

- if you taunt, you grab aggro for 15 seconds (regardless of when was the last time you taunted)
    - if you taunt a mob that was taunted by another player within last 15 seconds, you still grab aggro
    - if you taunt a mob that another player taunted off you in the last 15 seconds, you make the mob immune to taunts

In other words, taunting always works except for the case where two players are trying to ping-pong the boss between them.
    Edited by Sharee on April 6, 2016 10:54AM