The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!"

• zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not know if it is intended, but if you eat your cake, and then die, you lose the cake buff and must reapply.
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
  • LocoHotCocoa
    LocoHotCocoa
    Soul Shriven
    cake is not stacking for me either. got 828xp for a harpy with cake and plus, put on a psijic pot and got 828xp for the next few harpies too. friend had the same problem with scrolls. reloading solved nothing.
  • Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Elsir wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!

Two years ago today, we opened the PC and Mac megaservers to everyone for Early Access. It was so exciting to see you all step foot into our world for the first time and experience everything ESO had to offer! Just over a year later, we unleashed ESO to the console world and launched on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After years of [in-game] blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears, there is nothing more satisfying and thrilling than to see thousands of players enjoying the game we’ve created.

Be sure to check out the article linked above to see all the events we have in store for you. Enjoy!

@ZOS_GinaBruno As others have noted, can you explain how the XP buff works in more detail because the description doesn't really specify whether the XP Boost lasts 'all week' when you complete the cake quest or if it is limited duration based upon when you actually 'consume' the cake? Also, whether or not the buff is in effect for ALL account characters or limited to the one who actually completes the cake quest?!?

Yes, apologies for the delay (been out sick with a wicked fever!). The XP boost you receive from the cake will last for 2 hours, but can be re-used infinitely throughout the week. If you eat a slice of cake before the buff expires, it will not stack with itself; it will simply refresh the buff. It can also be shared with all your group members, meaning if someone in your group doesn't have the cake, they can still eat yours to get the buff.

Also, once you get your cake, it can be used by all characters on your account since it's a Memento.

If it's a memento, will it be treated like one in Cyrodiil as you cannot use any mementos in Cyrodiil?

Correct - you will need to buff up before you step into any PvP area.

Looks like you guys had your usual thinking caps on for that one... leave every two hours and wait to get back in. Good Job!
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that the bonus does not stack with the 10% ESO+ bonus either.
    You and anyone in your group will be able to enjoy the cake and receive a 100% XP buff. This buff stacks with all other XP buffs!
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, if you want the buff in ava zone, you have to eat it before heading in. So you buff up, port in and ride to the sewers, but if you die you need to leave cyro and re apply buff. I really hope this isn't intended...
  • Rabbott24b14_ESO
    Rabbott24b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How do you guys specifically say in the anniversary notice that the buff will stack with all other xp buffs and yet it doesn't . Did you just decide not to even bother to check? and just assume ??

Maybe people bought some crown scrolls just for this because you said it would work!!! either fix it or %^$^% just fix it and give us another day.. idiots
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rip... I used 5 scrolls yesterday and didnt even bother to check. Gg crowns and eso+ bonus.

Ah well ty zos for cake i actually really enjoyed the quest. The npc is hilarious i love is accent!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *dusts off hands* I sent in my recipe @ZOS_GinaBruno ! And yes it's a cookie recipe rather than a cake recipe because I am a rebel...who doesn't know any good cake recipes.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where should we send our cace pictures?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @rosendoichinoveb17_ESO : Gina said we could send them here: community@elderscrollsonline.com

• UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    How do you guys specifically say in the anniversary notice that the buff will stack with all other xp buffs and yet it doesn't . Did you just decide not to even bother to check? and just assume ??

Maybe people bought some crown scrolls just for this because you said it would work!!! either fix it or %^$^% just fix it and give us another day.. idiots

Least they went above and beyond, fixed it and gave us two extra days.
  • Jay_Gally
    Jay_Gally
    ✭✭
    Least they went above and beyond, fixed it and gave us two extra days.

That's just poor quality assurance on their part. They have to extend the event due to their oversight. It's not like they're just being generous.
  • Tosfoy
    Tosfoy
    ✭✭
    This quest actually made me think of runescape when there are events, I really enjoyed this since I don't play runescape anymore, thank you
    Big RPG Fan, Love mmorpg's as well
  • RSram
    RSram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you check to see if the buff is applied? I ate the cake and saw the visual effect, but when I checked my stats, I only had the ESO plus membership buff - no cake buff.

So does having the ESO plus membership cancel out the Jubilee Cake buff?
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sent in my Jubilee cake to community eso email a few days ago . Im curious as of what this 'something special' is. I bet its a pet or a costume.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • marji976
    marji976
    ✭✭
    Try opening the Crown Store now, @marji976

I was able to get in about 10 minutes later. Thanks for responding! Though is there any word on the cake remaining active after death in IC without having to travel out to eat another piece and back in and cross fingers that one does not die an untimely death again? Thanks!
    CP810+ Stamblade DPS
    CP810+ MagPlar DPS
    CP810+ MagSorc DPS
    CP810+ MagWarden DPS
    CP810+ MagBlade DPS
    CP810+ MagNecro DPS
    Baby MagDK Tank
  • Cecameca
    Cecameca
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno : Will we get any feedback about the best cake recipes sent in?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cecameca wrote: »

+1 this. Did they post any of the pictures/recipes at all (I don't frequent Facebook or Twitter)?

• Elsir
    Elsir
    ✭✭✭✭

+1 this. Did they post any of the pictures/recipes at all (I don't frequent Facebook or Twitter)?

They did. The most recently posted was on Twitter, found here

Anna (AKA: Elsir)
    Templar
  • Cecameca
    Cecameca
    Soul Shriven
    I have seen all the cakes shared on Twitter, they are all awesome, I can't pick one as best, respect for the chefs. ;)
    I am just curious about the "random surprises", who has won and what. :)

By the way I really enjoyed the last week with the anniversary xp-boost, we had so much fun with my friends and guild mates.
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am just curious about the "random surprises", who has won and what. :)

Me too, my gf and I made a jubilee cake. I couldnt help but notice maybe a handful of cake submissions were displayed, and no giveaways were made. I asked DovahQuinn on facebook if she recieved anything special, but apparently even the staff were clueless about this.

Im not upset that my cake wasnt displayed, but I understood that random submissions would receive something special, not certain people. Nobody got anything. Even to this day my submission was never replied to, I even made a post tagging the admins over this several times and not one effort was made to clarify. What makes me mad is the simple fact they made absolutely no effort to communicate.

Go ahead and make more events for the fans to show their pride in the game, I just wont care next time.
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP