Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we limit this Dodge spam bs

• Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The extra Dodge roll cost hurts magicka builds waaay more than stamina build.
    My Sorc gets one Dodge roll, two max, then I'm borderline unable to break CCs.

Just made a stamina DK, he can roll forever with 40k stamina and 1750 recovery. Granted I'm capped for champion points, but I seriously rolled from DC home base in the sewers to the bloodfiend spawn at level 10. Come on now lol.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    Avenias wrote: »
    So many rolling monkeys just dodging all over the bloody place, its annoying and broken.

ok you are crazy. most people roll 2-3 times and are almost out of stamina.

lol. no.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭

Just made a stamina DK, he can roll forever with 40k stamina and 1750 recovery. Granted I'm capped for champion points, but I seriously rolled from DC home base in the sewers to the bloodfiend spawn at level 10. Come on now lol.

Magicka character shouldn't be dodge rolling. You're a sorc, shield, heal, streak. Your limited stam should be used for cc break.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More whining from magicka users about stamina users :/
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    Really your going to cry about dodge rolling whats next you going to complain that people don't stand still and fight back? I know no dodges rolls stand still and when you face someone they need to turn and face away from you with one hand tied behind their back.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok only if we get rid of magicka shields and blocking as well.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They see me rollin.... they hatin.... permadodgin, tryin to catch me cheesin dirty
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    Stop complaining and start playing
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea show me a VR16 DK with 40k stamina and 1750 recovery the voodoo you can do with Battle Level and CP is not admissible for any argument.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the invincibility frames (i-frames) are wayyy too long.
    Today I dodgerolled and jumped on a piece of wood afterwards. I got hit while jumping, not rolling, and it said DODGED.
    x'D
    There's a reason we saw no Darkwood Grain Ring in Dark Souls 2, and right now, everyone has one for free in ESO. Reduce the i-frames, and it will be fine!
    =)
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many rolling monkeys just dodging all over the bloody place, its annoying and broken.

dodge roll costs nothing atm, ill explain.

my heavy health regen DK (level 20 atm playing BwB)

i have 20-22kish stamina, my dodgeroll costs 5% of max stam, so i can dodge roll 3 times and i lose like 20% stamina, then i wait for the 4seconds and irepeat, basicly even in heavy armor u can dodge now, the costs is so low atm...

even my magicka templar with only 14k stam(tripplefood) can dodgeroll 5 times in a row xd
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZombieZig wrote: »
    I think their are posters in these forums that troll these pvp topics. Seems they involve themselves negatively on topics they dont agree with. Every post that is made by them is to derail or incite player to player conflict, thus in turn eventually shutting down the thread. FYI i have discovered their are groups of people that try to control threads by shutting them down this way. So greasy~ i encourage you to report these individuals for purposeful derailing and inciting negative nonconstructive conflict.

To keep on topic.

Yes i as well feel roll dodge is broken. I wish it could be fixed.

No ETA on trolls
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • JadeNaria
    JadeNaria
    ✭✭✭

Sure, I'll just have my baby NB just stand there so you can land you Proxy Det easier ;)
    Trueflame or Haderus NA PC AD
    Talia Shade VR10 Stamina Nightblade
    Divinity Day VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Amaria Day VR16 Magicka DK
    Kali Day Level 28 Magicka Templar - Playing the most now
    Oblivion's Orphans Trading Guild - GM
    Mizery Records Raiding Guild- Member
    Resilient PVP Guild - Member

SAVE ESO PVP, WE MATTER.
    #FIXPVP

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JadeNaria wrote: »

Sure, I'll just have my baby NB just stand there so you can land you Proxy Det easier ;)

Isn't Proxy Det every Magblade's signature move now?
    (^_-)
  • Cthalion
    Cthalion
    ✭✭✭
    Someone else nailed it already. Give me ridiculous insane shield spam and I won't need dodge. Otherwise don't touch dodge.
    Edited by Cthalion on March 30, 2016 2:02PM
    Kosmoko.
    Stamina NB since 4-4-14.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cthalion wrote: »
    Someone else nailed it already. Give me ridiculous insane shield spam and I won't need dodge. Otherwise don't touch dodge.

you're drunk if you think shields are too strong, but so are these people that think dodge roll is too strong
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, yes, "shield spam"...

Hardened Ward gives you 10k protection and costs you an action. Harness Magicka gives less protection and doesn't work against physical. Healing Ward only gets strong when you're in execute range, and it's also unreliable. But say, 13k+ shield on average use?

You know how much damage a dodgeroll mitigates?
    INFINITE amounts! And it also breaks roots, so it's a free cc break on top of it.
    A shield absorbs a frag while dodgeroll doesn't care about how many frags are hitting you. Could be one, could be two, could be infinite amounts. For the dodge duration, you are absolutely invincible. Quite different for shields. Also, you can ALWAYS dodge. Mid-swing, no problem. When I have to shield during a hard-cast of frags, I'm done for.

And the kicker?
    SHIELD BREAKER.
    I have yet to see a Dodge Breaker set.

Listen, ladies and gentleman, the combat text on consoles just revealed how absurdly powerful dodgerolling is. I don't think it should be removed completely, but some reduced mitigation to bring it on par with shielding or healing mitigation should be agreeable. It should either just weaken damage instead of completely ignoring it, or have the invincibility duration significantly reduced.
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

Magicka character shouldn't be dodge rolling. You're a sorc, shield, heal, streak. Your limited stam should be used for cc break.

So we're just suppose to stay rooted, or keep spamming a shield in a 1 v X? Dodge rolling is key to mitigating damage, even as a shield stacking magicka sorcerer. It's the reason I use stamina potions instead of magicka, and the reason I use Bloodspawn as a 1 piece.

Yea show me a VR16 DK with 40k stamina and 1750 recovery the voodoo you can do with Battle Level and CP is not admissible for any argument.

Alright I'll give it a shot when I hit V16. You can probably pull at least 37k and the same recovery.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

use undodgeable skills. Problem solved
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »

ok you are crazy. most people roll 2-3 times and are almost out of stamina.

He is salty against all forms of active mitigation it seems. He just made another thread and included Shields, Cloak, and Steak, along with dodge roll as things that are "unacceptable...annoying and broken" with 3 Proposals to "adjust" them into the ground...
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All these people complaining about this skill or that skill, why not just repec and play the same way if its so great. You will find that its not as great as you think as you will have other issues that you dont have with your current build.

The grass is not always greener..... it just looks that way over the fence.
    Edited by Reevster on April 2, 2016 8:13PM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    They see me rollin.... they hatin.... permadodgin, tryin to catch me cheesin dirty

You.... you get a +1 added to your awesome.
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    The rise of dodge nerf threads have been on the rise since it became a magicka meta...

• FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »

Roots need rolling out of cos otherwise you can only streak in one direction, also if you have lots of focus dodge rolling can be the most efficient mitigation cos one roll will make any number of projectiles miss you, also a dodge roll can help you lose someone chasing you with a gap closer, but then so can defensive rune.
    PC | EU
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can dodge roll 4 times with only 10 k stam.....soooooo if you have 28 k stam, yeah.....
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Ah, yes, "shield spam"...

Hardened Ward gives you 10k protection and costs you an action. Harness Magicka gives less protection and doesn't work against physical. Healing Ward only gets strong when you're in execute range, and it's also unreliable. But say, 13k+ shield on average use?

You know how much damage a dodgeroll mitigates?
    INFINITE amounts! And it also breaks roots, so it's a free cc break on top of it.
    A shield absorbs a frag while dodgeroll doesn't care about how many frags are hitting you. Could be one, could be two, could be infinite amounts. For the dodge duration, you are absolutely invincible. Quite different for shields. Also, you can ALWAYS dodge. Mid-swing, no problem. When I have to shield during a hard-cast of frags, I'm done for.

And the kicker?
    SHIELD BREAKER.
    I have yet to see a Dodge Breaker set.

Listen, ladies and gentleman, the combat text on consoles just revealed how absurdly powerful dodgerolling is. I don't think it should be removed completely, but some reduced mitigation to bring it on par with shielding or healing mitigation should be agreeable. It should either just weaken damage instead of completely ignoring it, or have the invincibility duration significantly reduced.

.......... Just wow....... Were to start.......

If you are dieing to shield breaker you are doing something wrong and dodge breaker ? Yea that's called roots.

Harden ward may give "10K" shields but you can bump that up just saying.

Dodge roll dodges attacks doesn't mitigate them and it cost stamina to use along with sneaking, running, and blocking and unlike damage shields which allows magicka regen while up stamina users can not regen stamina while using any of them and they still have to have stamina to use their skills.

Lastly nerf dodge roll to be on par with shields ? What game are you playing ZOS admitted Eric Wrobel admitted Damage shields are over powered and they are looking of way to make THEM on par with blocking and dodge AKA ZOS is trying to find a way to nerf damage shields by either adding cast times or making so you only get one at a time.

So hopefully you "listened" either though this is a text that damage shields are OP and dodge rolling is perfectly fine as it is now and blocking could use a buff.
    Edited by Forestd16b14_ESO on April 3, 2016 2:59AM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    I can dodge roll 4 times with only 10 k stam.....soooooo if you have 28 k stam, yeah.....
    "At Veteran Rank 16 the base cost of a roll dodge is 3,654 Stamina." --ESO Academy.

Say it costs 3k for your first roll, which is quite low, if the above is anywhere near correct.
    1) 3000 * .33 = 990
    2) 3990 * .33 = 1317
    3) 5307 * .33 = 1751
    4) 7058

Unless you've got high stamina recovery on a magicka build, or my maths are wrong, you're just making up numbers to try and prove a point. You couldn't even complete 3 rolls, let alone 4.

I've said it before, if you somehow DO have the regen/cost reduction to sustain "infinite" dodge rolls, you're a non-issue because you can't do damage (and you're likely low on stam). I'm fine with a bunch of wet noodles rolling around pointlessly. We've got bigger fish to fry.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    My level 20 stamplar in mostly white and green gear can dodgeroll 11 times in a row with his champion points turned off.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    "At Veteran Rank 16 the base cost of a roll dodge is 3,654 Stamina." --ESO Academy.

Say it costs 3k for your first roll, which is quite low, if the above is anywhere near correct.
    1) 3000 * .33 = 990
    2) 3990 * .33 = 1317
    3) 5307 * .33 = 1751
    4) 7058

Unless you've got high stamina recovery on a magicka build, or my maths are wrong, you're just making up numbers to try and prove a point. You couldn't even complete 3 rolls, let alone 4.

I've said it before, if you somehow DO have the regen/cost reduction to sustain "infinite" dodge rolls, you're a non-issue because you can't do damage (and you're likely low on stam). I'm fine with a bunch of wet noodles rolling around pointlessly. We've got bigger fish to fry.

You are assuming you wont regen any stamina between rolls. So my maths are right sweety.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there this need to nerf stamina users to the ground but as soon as we see the almighty magicka OP options being called out like magicka det, or the vicious death set claimed to be a "visual" bug all of the sudden (which it's bs) only because a dev said so with out showing any proof. To me a devs word in this game do not mean a lot... after all these issues that cyrodiil has with probably the worst lag iv'e seen on a game and terrible balance due to all these band aid fixes that only constitute to even more unbalance. Who's bright idea was to only give magicka players ridiculous overpowered serg busting qualities that do over 30k damage and leave stamina on the dust option wise? Like what is stamina suppose to do in group play? just stand there and take down a few people till the magicka "big boys" come and blow everybody up with ease? like what is the point? Apparently here roll dodge seems to be a problem even though it has a heavy penalty. Lel, roll dodge is the least of worries pvp has right now.
    Edited by Kalante on April 3, 2016 10:56AM