The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What do you think is more important: the upcoming DLC or fixing bugs and lag?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DLC - we need new content
    Both are important. No sense in fixing bugs if a large number of players leave the game due to the lack of content as did last year.

Never pays to be short sighted.

Besides, anyone who has played MMOs for awhile knows many not the current bugs will never get fixed. Every MMO I have played still has bugs that were present at the launch of the content.
  • LoadingBar5
    LoadingBar5
    ✭✭✭
    Fixes - we want a stable game
    I am really looking forward to DB, but I know I won't enjoy it when the game keeps bugging out. So I rather wait another quarter for DB and have a fix for the next release. A really good one that fixes most of it you know.

But I haven't heard about any plans to make this real...
    "Don't crack my manservant!" - Lady Clarisse Laurent on Stibbons

PC | EU
    EP - Sneaks-in-Light, Argonian NB

Add me on Steam: LoadingBar5
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    id prefer they do new content. For me the game is 100% stable. I havent had any crashes except with the 64 bit beta client. The only complaints I ever hear about performance is cyrodill based.

Is not only about crashing is about the thousands of bugs present in the game, issues like poor class balance lagg even in PvE zones, FPS instability and exploits.

I havent experienced any of these issues. Had some problems first couple of days the patch was out. Thats it.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    We need to fix the game first! Why release DLC when tons of bugs and issues still exist!
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on forum dwellers! we need more votes on this, show @ZOS that we want a stable game, push back the release date if you must.
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "So we need you to help with Cyrodil fixes. What do you think should be your starting point?"

"Well the flowers here and here are just bland. Let me work on adding more detail and expanding the color ranges."

"Great! Get right on that!"

"Ok bring in the story line chief... So we need you to..."

And... fade.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure - hard to decide between the two
    There was a thread almost exactly like this last week....and the week or two prior

Please be sure to search prior to creating new threads, and then just vote and comment on existing open threads.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • mysteryblogga
    While I am so excited about the Dark Brotherhood coming up in the summer, I am content with what is implemented in the game thus far. A stable game is far more important, because even without the Dark Brotherhood or other updates, one can still spend a stupid amount of hours in this game.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are different teams working on the new content and Cyrodiil optimizations.

It's not like they can just pull an art director or animator off Dark Brotherhood and have them work on revising the netcode etc.

True... but what they can do is employ more coding people and less artwork people with their finite budget.
    Not that I want to get rid of any of the world building team as they have made the game what it is.
    The backend coding team simply cant keep up with all the bugs (would have been wiser not to create them to begin with using some QA and validity testing).
    New bugs are created far faster than they are addressed.
    Even the supposed bug fixes are... 90% of the time....bugged.

Then there is the rampant crashing, fps, audio, load screens, lag, balance........
    Edited by Rune_Relic on April 1, 2016 3:21PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While is is important to fix bugs and problems, a lot of the bugs are going to take time to fix, like lag, and many iterations to address, like balance. They can't stop developing new content because not everyone sees every bug. The delay to focus on bug fixes could drive those people away.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HairyFairy wrote: »
    Come on forum dwellers! we need more votes on this, show @ZOS that we want a stable game, push back the release date if you must.

Stop! Stop rigth here. It's not like we or even they have a choice!
    We won't get "Bug Fix DLCs", because that's not in line with any business model.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    Will gladly wait 6-8 months without dlc for a more stable game. Even if they had to take game down from servers for the 6-8 months. I wouldn't even care if my eso monthly subscription was still includeed for the time they had it down to fix it.

Well, we did wait several months without DLC because of the console launch.

But taking the game down for months, even if they could afford it, would harm their public image so much I can't imagine they would be able to get it back up.
    Well Final fantasy Developers did this for a believe a year +.To fix problems in the game.Guess what that game is doing 10x better and has way more active sub's then ESO and sold more copies on Ps4 alone then ESO on all three platforms.If they closed down the game to fix issues rebrand it again and fix all the problems gamer will flock to this game because its shows people that the devolpers care about this game more then money and want this stuff fixed.That what all MMO devolpers should care about the game and the playerbase not making money and the money will come.

Also I can't wait for DB its my favorite part of many ELders Scrolls games but I'll rather have a fixed game then a broken DLc that make me no longer care about a guild that I love.They already did it to the thieves Guild please don't do it to Dark Brotherhood Zos.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Jaronking on April 1, 2016 4:01PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

True... but what they can do is employ more coding people and less artwork people with their finite budget.

because as we all know six men and six women can make a baby in six weeks instead of the 9 months eta one man snd one womsn would ve and bringing new folks in to correct code they didnt write and have no experience in is efficent to the max.

Return of the Son of the Mythical Man Month III: This time itsvsocial.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The people who prefer fixes over new content would be the first to complain if the DLCs were delayed - I can imagine all the "ZOS lied to us" posts if the quarterly dates weren't met.

Fortunately different teams do different things, so we can opt for more content knowing that they're working on fixes as well as the new content.

True
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I voted for the next DLC because i REALLY want the infinite crafting bags!!
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not enough information to complete the survey. How long will fixing bugs take? How many times will they need to "fix" the bug before it's actually fixed?

At this point I don't think they can fix the bugs that irritate us the most (e.g., lag), or they would have done it. Their repeated promises of improvements are simply unnoticeable.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Abeille wrote: »
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    Will gladly wait 6-8 months without dlc for a more stable game. Even if they had to take game down from servers for the 6-8 months. I wouldn't even care if my eso monthly subscription was still includeed for the time they had it down to fix it.

Well, we did wait several months without DLC because of the console launch.

But taking the game down for months, even if they could afford it, would harm their public image so much I can't imagine they would be able to get it back up.
    Well Final fantasy Developers did this for a believe a year +.To fix problems in the game.Guess what that game is doing 10x better and has way more active sub's then ESO and sold more copies on Ps4 alone then ESO on all three platforms.If they closed down the game to fix issues rebrand it again and fix all the problems gamer will flock to this game because its shows people that the devolpers care about this game more then money and want this stuff fixed.That what all MMO devolpers should care about the game and the playerbase not making money and the money will come.

Also I can't wait for DB its my favorite part of many ELders Scrolls games but I'll rather have a fixed game then a broken DLc that make me no longer care about a guild that I love.They already did it to the thieves Guild please don't do it to Dark Brotherhood Zos.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

I am aware, but what worked for another game won't necessarily work for ESO, which already relaunched once (granted, without being taken offline).

After two years, it would seem like a last desperate effort to save the game (that doesn't really need saving, IMO, just more testing before releasing dlcs), and I can't imagine that doing any good for its reputation. And that's IF, and that's a big if, they can afford doing that. I mean, can you imagine the cost to keep people working with the servers closed? With no sub or crown money income?

It's way too risky and I don't think the situation is bad enough that it would justify taking that risk.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood is my favourite faction, and I've been waiting for it since launch. The fact we get to visit the Gold Coast makes it doubly more exciting for me.

That being said, no one will be having fun if the game is unplayable.

On the other hand, they're doing the best they can. I believe in you, ZOS \o/

I agree
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is with fixes we tend to get more bugs and also they fix things that don't effect me.
    Sure fixes if its my top 10 issues but if its fixes on some AD quest I don't care.
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    i want DB more than anything because text chat on consoles (i hope rumours are true .__.)

and There is ONLY 2 major bugs on ps4: Game crash & freeze , neither arent too common.
    lag doesnt exist outside mournhold or azura star
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • OrangeTheCat
    OrangeTheCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But ZOS has always (vis this game) cared more about profit than bugs/stability. So they will prefer to release a DLC than fix bugs or address stability issues.
  • Tdroid
    Tdroid
    ✭✭✭
    Both. I don't think there is about content in the game, nor do I think it runs nearly as well as it should.
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the vote is pretty lopsided so far. Yay for fixes!
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Irrelevant pole anyway. Development resources are geared towards making money from the crown store for the lowest possible investment. Yes pessimism.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »

because as we all know six men and six women can make a baby in six weeks instead of the 9 months eta one man snd one womsn would ve and bringing new folks in to correct code they didnt write and have no experience in is efficent to the max.

Return of the Son of the Mythical Man Month III: This time itsvsocial.

So you are saying don't employ people to reduce your workload ?
    Uhu....lol.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's not how (good) software development works. It's not either/or.

You always have teams working on different objectives at the same time ...
    type.gif
  • ajwest927
    ajwest927
    ✭✭✭
    We shouldn't have to wait for the next dlc for them to fix bugs and glitches
  • Redrixs
    Redrixs
    ✭✭
    Of course, once they fixed most of the bugs, it will be easier for them to work on content without having to fix every bugs that appear. Fixing the game now will mean better content without so many bugs. There will be new content anyway, so why not fix the game while it still broken instead of adding more broken content?
    Edited by Redrixs on April 2, 2016 12:44PM
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the Dark Brotherhood DLC but I will be disappointed if it releases with major bugs. Removing Vet ranks concerns me but fingers crossed
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    It makes no sense to add things to the game when there are clearly issues with what we have now. That just piles up more bugs/problems for them to fix. "hey this support beam looks like it's gonna give. I know, putting more weight on it would certainly help it". I totally understand that new content is important. But before we build and expand. It makes sense to start with a solid foundation.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium