The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think is more important: the upcoming DLC or fixing bugs and lag?

Bam_Bam
Bam_Bam
✭✭✭✭✭
Please keep it civil and any comments objective - make it a poll that the devs can use and work with rather than venting and getting it locked.
Edited by Bam_Bam on March 31, 2016 10:40PM
Joined January 2014
PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
Lims Kragm'a
Bam Bam Bara

What do you think is more important: the upcoming DLC or fixing bugs and lag? 186 votes

DLC - we need new content
19%
thesilverball_ESOvailjohn_ESOdjnapstyb14_ESOnick59349b14_ESOSoldier224AshTalitaybrodskyb16_ESOCoatmagicaubrey.baconb16_ESOdennissomb16_ESODhariusidkjamesharv2005ub17_ESOnickreb17_ESOShareeElsonsoTandorRobo_Hobotimidobserverhydrocynus 36 votes
Fixes - we want a stable game
75%
CasterialDiviniusAntirobgw2only1b14_ESOThatNeonZebraAgainWalkingLegacyOrangeTheCatRylanaMalnutritionBrambleWolverton808b14_ESOVolvoXXDschiPeuntIruil_ESORune_RelicRebAllPlayAndNoWorkBam_Bamcosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOTib 140 votes
Not sure - hard to decide between the two
5%
ElloaSunraNewBlacksmurfGigasaxRajajshkatherrieurLanxorotMerkzM8VoxicityEryas 10 votes
  • captainwolfos
    captainwolfos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood is my favourite faction, and I've been waiting for it since launch. The fact we get to visit the Gold Coast makes it doubly more exciting for me.

That being said, no one will be having fun if the game is unplayable.

On the other hand, they're doing the best they can. I believe in you, ZOS \o/
    Enemy of Boob Plates
    For the Covenant! For the High King!
    Solo Player | PVEer | Not caring about PVP since 1992
    Spill some blood for me, dear brother
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to make an honest thread without baiting anyone. Personally, I'm really happy with the content that we have and I think the game would be superb if there weren't so many issues.
    However, new content is important too - I hope I've put enough options (and sorry that I haven't made it anonymous. I'm sure we'll be ok though :) )
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that they're perfectly okay with content > bugs idea. Unfortunately for them in the long term when they can't fix bugs from DLC 1 before DLC 2 launches, will be a never ending pattern and eventually the game will be so buggy they will HAVE to delay content to fix bugs.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Brotherhood is my favourite faction, and I've been waiting for it since launch. The fact we get to visit the Gold Coast makes it doubly more exciting for me.

That being said, no one will be having fun if the game is unplayable.

On the other hand, they're doing the best they can. I believe in you, ZOS \o/

I concur! And yes, I do feel sorry for ZoS - stuck between a rock and a hard place! I'm sure they will get it right though eventually! :)
    Edited by Bam_Bam on March 31, 2016 10:47PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited for DB, but I'm a little afraid too.

I mean, I liked TG, but the patch came with so many annoying bugs that I'm afraid that this will happen to DB too. And honestly, DB is the most anticipated DLC since even before release, it is a super popular guild, so I really don't want people to be disappointed because it came with tons of bugs again.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    id prefer they do new content. For me the game is 100% stable. I havent had any crashes except with the 64 bit beta client. The only complaints I ever hear about performance is cyrodill based.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixes for sure.

2 years in and it's still riddled with issues. Fix the base game and make sure all future patches are tested for bugs first. Delay if necessary to ensure a good release.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's getting worse with every patch and they seem to have no interest in actually fixing sh**. Ever. Why bother when you can just make new DLCs and have people pay for costumes from the Crown Store before they get too upset with the bugs and leave?

I'd take bug fixes any day but not like they care.
    ...frustrated, yes>.< I'm usually easy but it's been getting even on my nerves lately.
  • Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone wise enough for this choice.
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting worse with every patch. Most of the ppl i know left the game 2 weeks after tg. I left too. It's a pity what zos did with the potential of the game
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Kyoma
    Kyoma
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another thread that assumes doing one excludes doing the other.
    Will I be able to forget all the wounds that pierce my flesh?
    You and your childish justice. I'll rip it to pieces.
    Come on, it's showtime. A rain of blood like a volcano
    And now I'll blow all of you and you and you...
    All to tiny pieces. All to tiny pieces.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people working on the new content most likely are not the same people as those working on fixing bugs and lag.

New content is 80% art anyway.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No point building up something that is missing a solid foundation.
    Tried getting some of my old guildmates to rejoin the game when I came back for Thieve's Guild, but the first thing they asked is if it was fixed yet and I had to tell them the unfortunate truth. :(
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who prefer fixes over new content would be the first to complain if the DLCs were delayed - I can imagine all the "ZOS lied to us" posts if the quarterly dates weren't met.

Fortunately different teams do different things, so we can opt for more content knowing that they're working on fixes as well as the new content.
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both.
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a no-brainer.

CCP took the best part of a decade to fix Eve Online and when they did, they had so much to fix that there was almost zero new content for more than a year.

ESO hasn't had time to accumulate anywhere near that kind of baggage so it should be a lot easier to fix what's broken and they should be able to continue adding some new stuff, albeit at a slower rate while they devote the majority of their resources on un-breaking stuff.

Going forwards, personally, I'm OK with fewer expansions per year and them continuing to keep the bugs squashed.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The people who prefer fixes over new content would be the first to complain if the DLCs were delayed - I can imagine all the "ZOS lied to us" posts if the quarterly dates weren't met.

Anyone who would complain about the game being fixed is the sort of person who would find away to complain about something absolutely perfect, like bacon or cake. Or bacon cake.
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Will gladly wait 6-8 months without dlc for a more stable game. Even if they had to take game down from servers for the 6-8 months. I wouldn't even care if my eso monthly subscription was still includeed for the time they had it down to fix it.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »
    Will gladly wait 6-8 months without dlc for a more stable game. Even if they had to take game down from servers for the 6-8 months. I wouldn't even care if my eso monthly subscription was still includeed for the time they had it down to fix it.

lol so you think they have so much cash they can shut the game down for months and pay everyone working on it? What dream world do you live in guy?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the current bugs and lag. We don't need another DLC that will just add more bugs and problems. ZOS has a habit of releasing their DLC's even after PTS players report numerous issues. Then for months you have to put up with the new bugs and problems.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh_Skrivva wrote: »

Well, we did wait several months without DLC because of the console launch.

But taking the game down for months, even if they could afford it, would harm their public image so much I can't imagine they would be able to get it back up.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #FixGame
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id prefer they do new content. For me the game is 100% stable. I havent had any crashes except with the 64 bit beta client. The only complaints I ever hear about performance is cyrodill based.

Is not only about crashing is about the thousands of bugs present in the game, issues like poor class balance lagg even in PvE zones, FPS instability and exploits.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a FREE DLC called REAL ESO with all the issues fixed . We need a stable game in both aspects of the game PVE or PVP .
    I miss old large pvp battles with hundreds of players.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If zenni put out another DLC before fixing the issues we are currently experiencing there is not hope for this game.

Lag in cyrodiil is WORSE than EVER, The supposed fixes to prevent Zerging has backfired as i could have told them before the release of these it would.

Crashing is at an all time high,
    And the amount of SERVER crashes we have experienced since TG went live, i havent seen since just after release.

Seriously Zenni stop chasing money and get the stability right, THEN chase money....
    Priorities boys and girls, priorities.

People cannot enjoy what they pay for when there is lag, server crashes and other such demoralizing things happening.....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag has got to go
    Beta tester November 2013
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put, i voted dlc as priority bc i am not experiencing any serious impact to my gameplay experience like the naysayers are describing? 99% or more of the time, i log in, play fine, have fun snd sometimes even for hours at a time or with groups... no problems other than ones i trace back to myself.

So, for me, new content is more important.

If i thought for a sec that any fix or fices from zos would placate the more vociferous naysayers and hekp the forums be a better, more enjoyable experience, i might change it, but i dont.

Also, zos does both, i am sure. I have seen projects who did the "compkete focus on bug fix no new content" a]proach and it usualky FAILS bc pulling folks good at content in to bug fix is often very inefficient. New content and changes also always include some fixes as a matter of course.

Lets face it, if zos spent any time now on fixing some vet ranking bug, when it will go away in the next DLC that would be bad.

But right now based on my gameplay anf based on the impression that most of the purported critical probkems are PVP i support more dlc over bug fixes.

Finally, the idea of any wholesale shutdown for days or weeks is imo very wrong. Its death for a business to force its customer base, all of it, to go elsewhere for any length of time. I think Zuckerburg said once if FB was down for a day it would be over. Hyperbole yes but an understanding of the need for keeping your product seen as a necessity by your base.

So, i am not against actual bug fixes but not in favor of sacrificing new content to deal with non-critical bugs in a less efficient manner.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We need a FREE DLC called REAL ESO with all the issues fixed . We need a stable game in both aspects of the game PVE or PVP .
    I miss old large pvp battles with hundreds of players.

Can you name one free game of this complexity that ever existed that had all issues fixed at any time in its run???

Or are you describing a fantasy world?

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure - hard to decide between the two
    Both are important. Depend of the quantity of bug and the quantity of lag.

If we are speaking specifically about Cyrodiil lag, I believe DLC are more importants as the PVP community is only one part of the playerbase, while everyone could enjoy new content, and Zenimax need money generated by the sales of Crowns.

If we are speaking about major crash like we endured at Thieves Guild release, I think that delaying the release of the DLC to ensure a clean release is very important.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are different teams working on the new content and Cyrodiil optimizations.

It's not like they can just pull an art director or animator off Dark Brotherhood and have them work on revising the netcode etc.