Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

blacksmithing, woodworking, and clothing fast xp help

Clees27
Clees27
i heard the fastest way to level up crafting was to have a friend, both craft items, then trade them and deconstruct for xp. is this true? is anybody interested in doing this with me if it is?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, its not true. Well, it works, but there are better ways. The reason it does not work is the person making the stuff gets bupkiss for making things, and then has to transfer things to you 6 at time, and it will take 1000's of decons to get to 50. You get more exp from deconning mob loot anyway, or at least close to the same exp

In a nutshell, go grind mobs for loot and decon the gear. Best overall way to level crafting. If you want details, there are loads of threads that explain it, but they all sum up to: Decon Mob Loot
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    No, its not true. Well, it works, but there are better ways. The reason it does not work is the person making the stuff gets bupkiss for making things, and then has to transfer things to you 6 at time, and it will take 1000's of decons to get to 50. You get more exp from deconning mob loot anyway, or at least close to the same exp

In a nutshell, go grind mobs for loot and decon the gear. Best overall way to level crafting. If you want details, there are loads of threads that explain it, but they all sum up to: Decon Mob Loot
    agree.gif

Also, if you have a characters that is higher level, use that loot to level your crafter.
    Make sure you keep spending skill points for creating items that match the level/material of what you decon.
    :smile:
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For enchanting, you can buy glyphs that are equal to or better than your level and deconstruct them for a decent gain. Its a little expensive, but makes up for the smaller number of glyphs and runes you get in the world compared to other loot.

Putting mass quantities into a guild bank makes it easier to trade up large piles of stuff as well; you don't have to be on at the same time either.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Gerbs14
    Gerbs14
    Soul Shriven
    I wish I focused on researching traits while leveling. You can level blacksmithing all day long but if you don't have traits researched, you won't be able to craft sets which require multiple traits to be researched. Researching traits is a bigger bottleneck so get started on that ASAP if you aren't already. You'll be thankful you started early when you have to wait a couple days for a research slot to open up.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're relatively low level I'd focus on primarily researching traits and then deconstructing everything that you either have researched or don't have a trait as you're questing. If you need bank/bag space for your 'to be researched' items just create another character to hold them all on.

When you have spare cash you can then buy high level items which have the decon perk (intricate, I think) from guild traders for around 500g-800g which give a lot of XP.

Writs offer extremely limited XP so only do these if you're wanting the rewards from them and have ample materials.

As Gerbs, said: there's no point in having 50 in the crafts if you haven't researched anything.

Typically:
    For medium armour; the starter sets start at 2 traits researched and then jump to 6 traits for the next set.
    For light armour; it's 3, 4 and 6.
    Heavy is a lot more flexible.

Although you can obviously utilise other sets between these if you feel you need other buffs.