The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

AP/Gold Monster Helmet. Do you like it?

• adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems good to me. Gives folks who have terrible luck with RNG or trouble getting a group the chance to have these items, but giving them an OK but not great trait means you still have to do the Undaunted content as intended to get absolute BIS gear.
  • Keep_Door
    Keep_Door
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. All i do is pvp so its nice to be able to get monster helms.
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Fat_Cat45 wrote: »
    If the traits were more diverse than Infused, then I would. At the moment, no, I don't like it.

Let's assume they offer each piece in every trait as well. You will still have to wait about 20 weeks for a full rotation for that undaunted helm or shoulder to appear again.
    Would you rather have Training, Ornate, Sturdy, Exploration, Reinforced or Well Fitted instead?

Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on April 1, 2016 8:00PM
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea is nice, but...
    1)Prices are too low, best sets that cost less than Akaviri motif? Really?
    and
    2)Instead of gold, there should be "pve currency" option. Like tokens for participating in Pve activities like dungeons and trials. This way, you'd still need to earn it, but it would ease rng struggles.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea is nice, but...
    and
    2)Instead of gold, there should be "pve currency" option. Like tokens for participating in Pve activities like dungeons and trials. This way, you'd still need to earn it, but it would ease rng struggles.

Couldn't we make the argument that the Akaviri motif is priced too high? They're just motifs, they're no better as far as stats go... it's just an aesthetic option, so it's hard to really compare the two.

The "PVE currency" is the gold option. Doing PVE will get you all sorts of extra equipment that can be sold or broken down and the mats sold, if it doesnt already give you the better version of the monster set you need.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    )Instead of gold, there should be "pve currency" option. Like tokens for participating in Pve activities like dungeons and trials. This way, you'd still need to earn it, but it would ease rng struggles.

I like the fact that they sell items for gold, it means that crafters / farmers / traders have the option to get the gear sets as well. Those guys already don't get a lot of XP, no reason to lock them out of gear as well.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes.

PS this should have been a poll.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it mostly because I can buy them within an hour for 50% off at a trade guild.
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well considering these monster gear sets are bound on pickup therefore untradable, and whose acquisition is equivalent to tossing 50 coins hoping to get 50 heads making them depend on your real life luck (a stat you can't improve no matter what you do) I say it's a pretty good thing to do.

The pricing it's alright as it is, any cheaper would make them too common and as it is about 75% players I see have a monster set. Any more expensive would be too much, and make obtaining it from dungeons more ideal. So to me it's pretty well balanced.
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    It's an okay addition to the game.

I still want people to actually run the content in order to get the "best". If you've played Destiny, remember the outrage over the 2nd sale of the Gjallarhorn after 40+ weeks?

This is different in my opinion as they aren't selling Master / Maelstrom weapons or Maw of Lorkhaj veteran sets. I don't think it's a problem to be honest, but rather a helping hand to those who have sh*t luck getting -insert helm name here- to drop.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To expound on my previous statement I like it a lot as is. Take last week's vicious death rings for example.

1) Limited time only of 48 hours means that plenty were bought but the resale market was not flooded.

2) The cheapest ones I saw all week on XBox were 40k (I bought them both) and they seem to be available now for about 60k. If they were still purchaseable now the price would have bottomed out to vendor trash prices.

3) I bet that if they are not available again any time soon we will see them be worth upwards of 80 to 100k, which happens to be their vendor selling price.

Economically speaking I think Zos priced these things right.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea is nice, but...
    and

Couldn't we make the argument that the Akaviri motif is priced too high? They're just motifs, they're no better as far as stats go... it's just an aesthetic option, so it's hard to really compare the two.

The "PVE currency" is the gold option. Doing PVE will get you all sorts of extra equipment that can be sold or broken down and the mats sold, if it doesnt already give you the better version of the monster set you need.

Why is it "too high"? Thing is, many pvpers have millions of ap collecting digital dust on theit chars so there should be some sort of "ap sink". We have siege and forward camps, of course, but also pvpers need gold for potions and gear/upgrades. Buying motifs for sale is a legit way to convert ap to gold, and imo its good.
    Also, as I said, gold is not "pve currency", its a common currency. Pvpers also use it. And token system is more fair because you wouldnt be able to get dungeon gear without actually doing dungeons. Or, as alternative, playing pvp.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    I find them to cheap, you gain AP so fast. But I accedently bought several pieces with gold, which sucks...
    Edited by Aspi90 on April 2, 2016 2:03AM
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    delete
    Edited by Aspi90 on April 2, 2016 2:02AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The idea is nice, but...
    and

Why is it "too high"? Thing is, many pvpers have millions of ap collecting digital dust on theit chars so there should be some sort of "ap sink". We have siege and forward camps, of course, but also pvpers need gold for potions and gear/upgrades. Buying motifs for sale is a legit way to convert ap to gold, and imo its good.
    Also, as I said, gold is not "pve currency", its a common currency. Pvpers also use it. And token system is more fair because you wouldnt be able to get dungeon gear without actually doing dungeons. Or, as alternative, playing pvp.

You get more gold playing pve then pvp. Therefore the Pve'rs will have more gold because they have more things to sell etc...

That was the logic zos was going for.

200k is easy enough to get for most pvpers. However zos has pointed out the average amount of ap earned a day is 10k... (which we all know is complete B.......) 10k = 5 kills, therefore people count as pvper's and not outliers if then get 5 kills a day... a quarter of a daily bounty.

The logic though it baffles me.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yea I actually do like it,if I want the desired trait bad enough I'll run the dungeons. For now it's good enough.
  • catalyst10e
    catalyst10e
    ✭✭✭✭
    The idea is nice, but...
    and

You were saying the monster sets were priced too low when compared to the motif. Theyre 2 vastly different things, but if they feel actual gear with stats and such is worth 200k AP the argument could be made the aesthetic item is being priced too high since he has no real value outside of someone wanting to look like a samurai.

You're only thinking about the hardcore PVPers and the fact they have "millions" is meaningless. This is one more thing for them to spend AP on, weekly. You forget there are new players coming in. 200k is a great number. If it was set at like 500K, those new players wouldnt but ANY siege since they're saving for the gear they need. The last thing we need is people skipping out on buying siege and other necessities... we have enough people out there who do little help during a siege.

PVEers already have access to getting the monster sets from doing PVE, but on top of that they're getting gold, and other items they can easily sell. They have more access to gold. As you said, PVPers need gold as well, and at best we can sell the rewards for the worthy, but the other option is buying items with AP and selling them. We receive AP faster than they can get gold tho, which is why (to me) it makes perfect sense to have the gold price half of what the AP price is.

Why is it people want to spend more AP? what difference does it make to you? If it was 500k you'd still be able to get it, especially since the "hardcore" guys claim to get between 100k-200k a day. A higher price point just discourages newer players from getting it, and what difference does it really make if they have it? It's not effecting you or your character... If the underlining issue is you feel the need to spend more AP, then buy more things with AP... If nothing else this is a step in the right direction of giving PVPers a good AP sink, as more items are added or rotated into the game.
    "Why settle for just stabbing your foes when you can roast them alive in a gout of arcane fire?"
    [| DC Breton Sorcerer || NA PS4 || PSN: Catalyst10e |]
    [| DC Dunmer Dragon Knight |]