The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wrecking blow, insult to injury.

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    the range is fubar

^^ This is the problem with WB. Why the hell does it have a 7 meter range? Its a mele attack ffs.

Because daggers have a 5 meter attack range, and it'd be pretty stupid for a greatsword to have the same reach as a pocket knife.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, you actually see the animation for it?
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that of all the abilities that kill me in cyrodiil, the only one that actually bothers me is wrecking blow. Not only does it do massive damage to a distracted nightblade, it also has an animation that resembles getting slapped upside the head (with a broadsword). Am I alone in this or is the shame of being backhanded hurt worse that the actual attack?

Dont forget the part of the ability name that clearly states its going to wreck you.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People posting issues about certain abilities is like a shopping list for me, if it means getting an upper hand on others. Too bad I play as Dual Wield and not Two Handed.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing what can kill you, you want nerfed, its PVP, the opponent need to have a chance to win too. This game is already way too passive and full of tanks, being undefeatable tank doesnt make you a good player, just lamer.
    Edited by Sausage on April 1, 2016 5:13AM
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    People posting issues about certain abilities is like a shopping list for me, if it means getting an upper hand on others. Too bad I play as Dual Wield and not Two Handed.

Typical cancer player.
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Guys this ability hit from 5k to 8k with crits..if you are getting hit harder then you need to look at your build ...with hardy and impen and the cp change to therm. This ability is hitting about - 30% then before the patch..... with a 1 sec cast time... a crystal fragment hit's harder atm...
    This is a dum thread

Lol. My night blade does a wrecking blow of 19k and then 23k (20% stronger second hit) without a crit.

I've wrecking blow someone in a one shot for 28k. I know people hate me.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Guys this ability hit from 5k to 8k with crits..if you are getting hit harder then you need to look at your build ...with hardy and impen and the cp change to therm. This ability is hitting about - 30% then before the patch..... with a 1 sec cast time... a crystal fragment hit's harder atm...
    This is a dum thread

This isnt true. I can hit you with a WB between 15-20k depending on how hard it crits.

Confirmed I get EZ 15k crits all the time...

But right now I am not giving my DK some love so he doesn't get to do that often
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

No it doesn't hit for a 5k crit, maybe the guy with 2k wpn dmg and 20k stamina nay hit you for 5k xD

I was getting hit for 7.5 normal hit, 8k crit the other day by some guy.

I run 6x gold impen/15% crit reduction/15% into hardy as well xD

Wb is just one of the many badly designed skills in this game, a cc should not be attached to a high dmg skill, if you want to cc someone you should have to slot a skill designed for that.

then so is CF?
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many WB haters. Might as well be stam haters as well.

WB is the one ability that makes stam users competitive with magicka users.
    PC NA
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah WB is annoying I normally try and avoid fights with players that WB me I just don't feel like dealing with it.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    Yeah WB is annoying I normally try and avoid fights with players that WB me I just don't feel like dealing with it.

Facts. Then people want to know why Sorcerers stack shields in PVP, and streak/Ball of Lightning away from that silliness. Meanwhile people animation cancelling Wrecking Blows that without critical hitting hit for 15k and upward. Lol. Yeah, okay.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »

Facts. Then people want to know why Sorcerers stack shields in PVP, and streak/Ball of Lightning away from that silliness. Meanwhile people animation cancelling Wrecking Blows that without critical hitting hit for 15k and upward. Lol. Yeah, okay.

I dont think you get how animation cancelling works. The animation being cancelled is not the WB animation.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont think you get how animation cancelling works. The animation being cancelled is not the WB animation.

I beg to differ sir. I've been wrecking blown numerous times and not seen the animation of it. I've wrecking blown other people/NPC's without having the animation show.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I beg to differ sir. I've been wrecking blown numerous times and not seen the animation of it. I've wrecking blown other people/NPC's without having the animation show.

Thats not how animation cancelling works. here:

https://youtu.be/QIz6J_c9GQc
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can't ani cancel WB, as it has a "cast" time.
    BUT
    you can charge a heavy attack while WB winds up, which is even stronger as animation cancelling instant abilities often enough.

I feel WB is much more bearable now that we got physical mitigation CPs. Having ridiculous range, hit detection, stamina drain and cc is still a bit much, though. And self-empower. People spam this all the time, because they can. Other builds have to sacrifice skill slots nad cycle through a delicate rotation to keep up the same dps and cc Wrecking Blow offers. In no way fair.
    And for Artjuh:
    Frags can be interrupted, have a longer casting time, are easily dodged, drain little stamina on block and don't empower themselves. Try hard-casting frags as your dps move in Cyro, see where it gets you, buddy!
    (^_-)

I get how some stam builds would be lacking punch if it wasn't for WB, but a magical bullet like WB isn't the correct answer to that problem. Still think you can easily remove the cc component and only make the empower work for a different skill (Dragon Leap, Executioner), and stamina builds relying on this would not struggle at all.
    But I'll have to watch the current PvP meta a bit longer...

For those hobby scientists here:
    Yup, two-handers have longer range than daggers. Nope, a poke move from a one-handed longsword like Puncture has more range than a two-handed swing. nope, even that poke move doesn't have a range of 7 meters, get real!
    x'D
    No, a man-wielded sword should definitely not hit harder than magic, which is even stated by Elder Scrolls lore itself to be the most powerful weapon.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    BUT
    you can charge a heavy attack while WB winds up, which is even stronger as animation cancelling instant abilities often enough.

I feel WB is much more bearable now that we got physical mitigation CPs. Having ridiculous range, hit detection, stamina drain and cc is still a bit much, though. And self-empower. People spam this all the time, because they can. Other builds have to sacrifice skill slots nad cycle through a delicate rotation to keep up the same dps and cc Wrecking Blow offers. In no way fair.
    And for Artjuh:
    Frags can be interrupted, have a longer casting time, are easily dodged, drain little stamina on block and don't empower themselves. Try hard-casting frags as your dps move in Cyro, see where it gets you, buddy!
    (^_-)

I get how some stam builds would be lacking punch if it wasn't for WB, but a magical bullet like WB isn't the correct answer to that problem. Still think you can easily remove the cc component and only make the empower work for a different skill (Dragon Leap, Executioner), and stamina builds relying on this would not struggle at all.

Yup, two-handers have longer range than daggers. Nope, a poke move from a one-handed longsword like Puncture has more range than a two-handed swing. nope, even that poke move doesn't have a range of 7 meters, get real!
    x'D
    No, a man-wielded sword should definitely not hit harder than magic, which is even stated by Elder Scrolls lore itself to be the most powerful weapon.

You can animation cancel wb :pensive:

Like you said, you can do it with a heavy attack

You can even do it with jabs, you'll just stop the wb animation mid swing, start jabs on your second jab they'll be knocked up as your mid way through jabs, this one is devastating xD.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

This maybe true but it was saved
    Thelon wrote: »
    11r68r.jpg

By the awesome Adam West/Burt Ward meme.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    BUT

And for Artjuh:
    (^_-)

x'D

You can animation cancel wb :pensive:

Like you said, you can do it with a heavy attack

You can even do it with jabs, you'll just stop the wb animation mid swing, start jabs on your second jab they'll be knocked up as your mid way through jabs, this one is devastating xD.

Very clearly in the video the WB animation was not cancelled.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea WB can hit hard and crit hard.

I've been hit by overload for 18K damage. Prox det for 12K, radiant destruction for 15K.

Your point?

If you nerf WB, nerf all the rest too and we can go out and have wet noodle fights
    Beta tester November 2013
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look they fixed it I found this in the natch potes.

Two Handed

Wrecking blow

Wrecking Blow: To reduce the spamming of executions, this ability will now kill your character if you fail to kill your opponent with it.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 1, 2016 2:32PM
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key word... Distracted. When I see a player with a sword or axe or maul that is bigger than the toon it should get my full attention.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.