The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Wrecking blow, insult to injury.

Robotworgen92
I have noticed that of all the abilities that kill me in cyrodiil, the only one that actually bothers me is wrecking blow. Not only does it do massive damage to a distracted nightblade, it also has an animation that resembles getting slapped upside the head (with a broadsword). Am I alone in this or is the shame of being backhanded hurt worse that the actual attack?
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11r68r.jpg
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does a lot of damage. But, you know, maybe you shouldn't be distracted and sitting in Cyrodiil with an expectation not to get killed.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the animations we've got. It's absolutely ridiculous to have the same attack animations for swords/axes/maces/daggers, or greatswords/battleaxes/mauls.

This has been a complaint since beta prior to pc launch, and was never addressed. Let's face it, zenimax is lazy and doing the bare minimum to keep pulling in cash.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed that of all the abilities that kill me in cyrodiil, the only one that actually bothers me is wrecking blow. Not only does it do massive damage to a distracted nightblade, it also has an animation that resembles getting slapped upside the head (with a broadsword). Am I alone in this or is the shame of being backhanded hurt worse that the actual attack?

If it does massive damage invest in hardy and wear impen.... then it will hit much less .... easy to avoid... easy to block ... easy to evade....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the range is fubar

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys this ability hit from 5k to 8k with crits..if you are getting hit harder then you need to look at your build ...with hardy and impen and the cp change to therm. This ability is hitting about - 30% then before the patch..... with a 1 sec cast time... a crystal fragment hit's harder atm...
    This is a dum thread
    Edited by Durham on March 31, 2016 11:00PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    the range is fubar

^^ This is the problem with WB. Why the hell does it have a 7 meter range? Its a mele attack ffs.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Guys this ability hit from 5k to 8k with crits..if you are getting hit harder then you need to look at your build ...with hardy and impen and the cp change to therm. This ability is hitting about - 30% then before the patch..... with a 1 sec cast time... a crystal fragment hit's harder atm...
    This is a dum thread

This isnt true. I can hit you with a WB between 15-20k depending on how hard it crits.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    the range is fubar

^^ This is the problem with WB. Why the hell does it have a 7 meter range? Its a mele attack ffs.

Its a two handed skill. All two handed weapons are large. What you think a giant sword is the same size as a dagger?
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the easy to avoid comments. Like this game doesnt lag.
  • Necrelios
    Necrelios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 meters is 22.9 feet. That's a long reach for sure!
    Terms & Conditions ["We revoke permission to fictional legal constructs or private/public persons for selling of any private data, censorship, surveillance, personage or conversion as a trespass of law. We prohibit the practice of "procedural law" or corporate statues in place of divine law."]
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

No it doesn't hit for a 5k crit, maybe the guy with 2k wpn dmg and 20k stamina nay hit you for 5k xD

I was getting hit for 7.5 normal hit, 8k crit the other day by some guy.

I run 6x gold impen/15% crit reduction/15% into hardy as well xD

Wb is just one of the many badly designed skills in this game, a cc should not be attached to a high dmg skill, if you want to cc someone you should have to slot a skill designed for that.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

No it doesn't hit for a 5k crit, maybe the guy with 2k wpn dmg and 20k stamina nay hit you for 5k xD

Wb is just one of the many badly designed skills in this game, a cc should not be attached to a high dmg skill, if you want to cc someone you should have to slot a skill designed for that.

Come on wrecking blow is one of the slowest skills. If you cant avoid it you have larger problems. You can interrupt it. You can dodge it. You can move through the character and screw it up.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Come on wrecking blow is one of the slowest skills. If you cant avoid it you have larger problems. You can interrupt it. You can dodge it. You can move through the character and screw it up.

I thought it was only interruptible with another hard cc? Like an opposing WB that goes off just before yours. Or anything else that removes all player control, except for break free, from your toon.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

I thought it was only interruptible with another hard cc? Like an opposing WB that goes off just before yours. Or anything else that removes all player control, except for break free, from your toon.

Well ya but you can interrupt it. You cant just spam bash tho.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

You can walk through it... is this before or after they hit you with a 60% snare gap closer?

You can go anywhere if they hit you with a snare, if a guy knows what he's doing with wb and is not just a random that heard it was OP, you can just gap close with stampede and hold back xD.

It's not just wb,, frags etc.... All the spam high dps skills should not have a built in cc, concealed/Sa if fine because you have to cloak first. But if for skills such as Wb and such whose main function should be it's high dmg, then the high dmg should be the only function. Not high dmg, empower, cc all in one...
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

You can walk through it... is this before or after they hit you with a 60% snare gap closer?

You can go anywhere if they hit you with a snare, if a guy knows what he's doing with wb and is not just a random that heard it was OP, you can just gap close with stampede and hold back xD.

It's not just wb,, frags etc.... All the spam high dps skills should not have a built in cc, concealed/Sa if fine because you have to cloak first. But if for skills such as Wb and such whose main function should be it's high dmg, then the high dmg should be the only function. Not high dmg, empower, cc all in one...

So you are saying he beat you with skill then and not a cheesy mechanic? I thought thats what the game was all about?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

So you are saying he beat you with skill then and not a cheesy mechanic? I thought thats what the game was all about?

Continuously pressing 1 button isn't skill, I've used wb on my stamina dk as well, i stopped using it spefically because it was too easy and very cheesy. Especially if i used molten weapons and cancelled it with a heavy attack, it was literally wb/heavy/execute, there was 0 time to react.

The fact that you can empower the same skill is another issue altogther it's promotes 1 buttom spamming, flare/wb etc...
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Continuously pressing 1 button isn't skill, I've used wb on my stamina dk as well, i stopped using it spefically because it was too easy and very cheesy. Especially if i used molten weapons and cancelled it with a heavy attack, it was literally wb/heavy/execute, there was 0 time to react.

The fact that you can empower the same skill is another issue altogther it's promotes 1 buttom spamming, flare/wb etc...

Wait you said he used a combination of skills. Now you say he only used one?
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

So you just stated you got hit with a 8k crit ... man I will take that and run ... before the last patch it would be a 10 to 12 crit.... 8k with a crit on the highest dps weapon abilits is weak imo... especially one that u can easily avoid...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Who is he? Since when did i refer to someone killing me?

I refered to getting hit my 7.5k non crit and 8k crits.

Not sure where to you got this guy killing me from?

Gap - spam wb? 2 skills, i never counted the gap closer because it's a gap closer ffs xD

Man i though't all the wb spam noobs on the forums were gone this patch, soon as you mention wb and balance they all just come out of the gutter.

Btw are you just completely ignoring my points? Is it because your not used to having a discussion or just you have no ides what to say to them?
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

So you just stated you got hit with a 8k crit ... man I will take that and run ... before the last patch it would be a 10 to 12 crit.... 8k with a crit on the highest dps weapon abilits is weak imo... especially one that u can easily avoid...

This is 8k running around 2200 crit resist, 15% reduction, against a dk as well if it was a templar/nb it would be higher because of the higher base crit.

8k for a single skill is still quite high, I love how everyone on this forum is all like, it's easy to avoid.

Sure if 1v1 isn't easy enough, even in a small 2v2 or something, but try avoid wb when your snared, caltraps is everywhere xD

Besides your hit once and then hit again before you break free animation is even gone.

8k is still more than 1/3 of most peoples hp, considering you only need to get people to 30% before your pretty much guarantee a kill, you can basically 2 wb then execute, or just 3b wb for the lazy spammer because you know 18% extra dmg at low hp.
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Gap - spam wb? 2 skills, i never counted the gap closer because it's a gap closer ffs xD

Man i though't all the wb spam noobs on the forums were gone this patch, soon as you mention wb and balance they all just come out of the gutter.

Btw are you just completely ignoring my points? Is it because your not used to having a discussion or just you have no ides what to say to them?

If you werent killed by anyone using WB why are you complaining about it?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

I was complaining about anything, someone said wb hits for 5k crits and i pointed out it really doesn't it hits quite hard.

Also pointed out how it's a badly designed skill, i got involved when the usual answer of 'walk through it' came up, which against anyone whose not a random you can't.
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

I was complaining about anything, someone said wb hits for 5k crits and i pointed out it really doesn't it hits quite hard.

Also pointed out how it's a badly designed skill, i got involved when the usual answer of 'walk through it' came up, which against anyone whose not a random you can't.

If noone has ever killed you with it Id say it needs buffed not nerfed.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Did i say that? Are you just having a conversation with yourself here? I've killed with and been killed by it because i've played this game longer than 1hr? Perhaps you should play the game more instead of making useless comments on the forum? You may actually have things to contribute to threads then instead of spamming them with useless reply's farming forum stars.

What ever, it's clear you just some random troll who will never have anything to contribute to discussions, it looks like you don't even know what one is.
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

Did i say that? Are you just having a conversation with yourself here? I've killed with and been killed by it because i've played this game longer than 1hr? Perhaps you should play the game more instead of making useless comments on the forum? You may actually have things to contribute to threads then instead of spamming them with useless reply's farming forum stars.

What ever, it's clear you just some random troll who will never have anything to contribute to discussions, it looks like you don't even know what one is.

What are you talking about. You just said you werent killed by WB. Now you say you get killed every few minutes with wrecking blow. Can you understand how you are being confusing here? What exactly is your issue? What are you complaining about? I mean seriously mean I never say this but its a learn to play issue here. There are many ways to counter this skill. If you are in a group you dont have a healer? Maybe some heal pots? Use skills that make you cc immune?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

What are you talking about. You just said you werent killed by WB. Now you say you get killed every few minutes with wrecking blow. Can you understand how you are being confusing here? What exactly is your issue? What are you complaining about? I mean seriously mean I never say this but its a learn to play issue here. There are many ways to counter this skill. If you are in a group you dont have a healer? Maybe some heal pots? Use skills that make you cc immune?

*sigh* I'm done there's only so much of a person like you i can take a day. Go back and read the conversation...

It's almost like this is a discussion between me you and your alternate personality. You just add random stuff into the conversion that wasn't mentioned anywhere.
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a dum thread

*sigh* I'm done there's only so much of a person like you i can take a day. Go back and read the conversation...

It's almost like this is a discussion between me you and your alternate personality. You just add random stuff into the conversion that wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Ive read it. You obviously cannot communicate what your issue is so how do you expect ZOS to take action on it or anyone to even understand what your issue is. Only thing I can see is you dont want to be bothered to learn how to counter it youd rather ZOS just nerf it into uselessness.

Use rapid maneuver to get cc immunity as long as you dont attack anyone they cant cc you. Get yourself a healer for your group. Buy some potions.
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on April 1, 2016 1:42AM
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has a 7 meter range because you wouldn't hit *** with the cast time it has, unless your a distracted NB I guess.

Also, even with the 7 meter range there's plenty of time to block, Dodge roll, or streak away. Quit getting annoyed with skills that are being used on you but you don't use and L2P ;)
    NA/PC