The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Inventory UI consumed a motif while opening a Worthgar Daily Container

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
First, let's summon the boss. @ZOS_GinaBruno. Done! :D

Second, I'm reporting the bug here because 1) I can't open a ticket for months already. After logging I'm requested for an Access Code that never reaches my mailbox. My inbox is not full, the message is not tagged as spam and so on, all checks done; and 2) Of the tickets I've opened in past only one has been solved so far, and this have to be fixed as soon as possible

The issue: Right now, I was leveling my fourth character, named in my signature, and right after achieving a new level (VR3) with the experience paid after doing the Wrothgar daily in Morkul Stronghold (Nikolvara Kennel), I opened my inventory to open the container and I don't know how or why (and I don't really care, to be honest) a super rare Trinimac Bows motif I acquired yesterday or a few days ago (I don't remember) was consumed.

After realizing that the game UI screwed me AGAIN (check the other ticket in my account relating missing IC Trophies, if you wish), I've opened the container that should be opened and got some Gloves of Trinimac Valor. Not that all these minuscle details worth, but maybe they help you keeping track.

I have no intentions in mastering craftsmanship for all characters, it's pointless, but I do dailies with all of them, whenever it's possible, to maximize the chances of completing a style for my main character without buying the chapters from market. And I am very carefully while managing my inventory/banl because I have several things that can't be consumed or deconstructed by accident.

I don't know what happened, but you have your logs (or at least you should) and the solution is simple! Give me my motif back!
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the logs will tell them is that your motif was consumed on your character (and it should be unlocked for that character)

The logs will not help in resolving the issue as there is no way for them to know if you accidentally consumed the motif, or if the motif's consumption was directly the result of a bug

I don't see how logs would help you here, nobody makes logs that specifically target information of unforeseeable bugs

That being said however. If the motif was NOT unlocked - you may have luck if they make periodic logs of inventories + log every inventory change. As they would see that the motif is simply missing when it *should* be there. -> Additionally, they need to take interest and time in your particular case. If they do, and all this ends up in a resolution you are satisfied with, I would suggest you run outside and buy a lottery ticket.
    Edited by Spacemonkey on March 31, 2016 7:59PM
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they can do something about it. Since the release of DLC I've already spent a lot of (in-game) money with motifs and Trinimacs are very expensive yet.

I'm trusting in you, don't disappoint me this time
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how or why (and I don't really care, to be honest) a super rare Trinimac Bows motif I acquired yesterday or a few days ago (I don't remember) was consumed.

Just to check, does that character know the Motif now for that item? Or did it just go away?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, now she does know the motif