Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need more sustain for my nb in pvp

xxslam48xxb14_ESO
xxslam48xxb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
So I have been using this medium armor s/b and 2h build for a while now and it is pretty great for me compared to what I used to use, but I always run into moments where I die simply because I have no more stamina. Right now I got on 3 piece agility(all stam recovery enchant), 5 shieldbreaker, and 2 engine guardian. That puts me at about 1700 stam recovery unbuffed and its no where near enough for me to even do a simple lightattack/surprise attack/bash combo, let alone roll, block, and use all my other abilities. Considering I sacrifice so much weapon power and other stats just so I could sustain better, its just crazy that my sustain is still so low. Maybe It is just a really *** build or maybe being an argonian with only 200 cp is holding me back, idk, but I really would appreciate some pointers.

I want to try and get away from engine guardian because while it is nice when it works, it seems to always give magicka beams and that is outright useless to me. I can provide more information if needed.
I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
but my delight will last and you will respawn.
My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • kingqueso950
    Use blood spawn instead of engine guardian. Then maybe try out the marksman set along with it for extra regen if your'e happy with your damage output
    Ebonhart Pact
    Ascension
    GT: krazyj69
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use blood spawn instead of engine guardian. Then maybe try out the marksman set along with it for extra regen if your'e happy with your damage output

I got 2056 weapon damage with no buffs except flawless dawnbreaker on my sword n board bar. It seems to be enough damage for me only because the ability to hit through shields right now. I kinda feel if I went away from using shieldbreaker I would end up unable to kill anything with shields.

People keep saying things like they got 4k wp with 2000+ recovery how is that even possible? Is that just simply un doable until I get 500 cp or what? I get I won't get 4k weapon damage with sword n board, but I cant even get close to 3k!

Ok so say I manage to get the bloodspawn helmet, do you think having a 3 piece marksman on shoulder sword and shield would cut it? Wouldn't really hurt my damage either I like where this is going. Is there maybe a more min/max way of doing this though?
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on March 31, 2016 1:18AM

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being an argonian definitely doesn't help...

Some tips, from the top of my head:

Mundus Stone
    Make sure you use the Stamina Regen one.

Main Set
    Maybe go Twice Born Star with full divines and the Stamina Regen / Weapon damage mundus.

Complimentary Set
    Marksman is the best 3 pieces set if you need regen. Should be pretty cheap on the Guild Traders.
    I would change your Engine Guardian setup for
    1 Molag Kena + 1 Bloodspawn. (I know easier said than done!)

Food/Drinks
    Go with drink?

Potions
    What potions are you using? Maybe go with something that recovers health AND stamina.

Skills
    -If you are not doing it already, maybe find a way to slot a skill that boost your stamina regen like Relentless Focus.

Change your play style
    -You probably sneak alot, right? Did you level up your Legerdemain to lower stamina cost of sneaking?
    -Careful when you attack out of sneak (let your stamina get back to 100%)
    -Don't sprint, like ever...
    -When you go out of stamina (and it will happen), find a way to quickly exit combat. (I personally cloak + double take)
    -Actually even better, get out of combat BEFORE you are out of stamina...
    -Don't aways CC break. (If you can survive the CC, you might be better to keep your stamina)
    -Don't perma-block. Block when it matters.
    -Don't perma dodge roll. Roll when it matters.

I'm personally "ok" with 1700 stamina recovery.
    I wish I was more in the 2k range but I feel I would sacrifice too much weapon damage.

EDIT: typo
    Edited by sluice on March 31, 2016 5:17PM
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well man your stats just suck lol.

Here some Suggestion you should change your Mundus to the Serpent run Max health and Stam recovery food with Blood spawn that should help with the regan because 1700 isn't great.I run 2200 and I prefer it.

Now for weapon damage SNB isn't bad and you can good weapon damage with it.You can Run 5 hounding 3 Night mother or 3 Marks men.It's a alright set up that should push you close to 3500 weapon damage .
    Edited by Jaronking on March 31, 2016 8:03PM
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

Here some Suggestion you should change your Mundus to the Serpent run Max health and Stam recovery food with Blood spawn that should help with the regan because 1700 isn't great.I run 2200 and I prefer it.

Now for weapon damage SNB isn't bad and you can good weapon damage with it.You can Run 5 hounding 3 Night mother or 3 Marks men.It's a alright set up that should push you close to 3500 weapon damage .

I just found out later after making this thread that my serpent stone was off somehow and I had to go get it again. Yeah I got 2050 recovery now with no food or drink, but my stats do still stuck. I am really liking my shield breaker set, but it seems to only work on REALLY BAD sorcs, like the kind that dont streak away or don't realise I am reflecting all their crystals/overloads. I guess I will just have to figure out where my weapon damage stands after getting the 3 night mother and bloodspawn and see if it is worth switching to hundings.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried using Relentless Focus and Siphoning Attacks?
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried siphoning attacks, but I just couldn't get enough up time to beat away at someone in that small window of time for it to really be worth using. Plus I already have shuffle,rally, defensive stance, and relentless focus. Anymore buffs and I would just be a walking buff machine, especially with how short siphoning attacks lasts. Relentless focus of course is amazing and I use it all the time.

• Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »

I just found out later after making this thread that my serpent stone was off somehow and I had to go get it again. Yeah I got 2050 recovery now with no food or drink, but my stats do still stuck. I am really liking my shield breaker set, but it seems to only work on REALLY BAD sorcs, like the kind that dont streak away or don't realise I am reflecting all their crystals/overloads. I guess I will just have to figure out where my weapon damage stands after getting the 3 night mother and bloodspawn and see if it is worth switching to hundings.
    Well would you rather be able to only take out bad sorcs or bad and good sorcs because using shield breaker any sorc that is even decent can counter it.So having more weapon Damage is a good thing sense you can burst their their shied and reflect their attacks so I say go Hounding and nightmother its better then shield breaker.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xxslam48xxb14_ESO - Hi,
    I run the following setup and am finding it to work for me,

I have 5 pce clever alchemist,
    1 pc molag kena,
    2/3 pce leki's
    3 pce endurance(weapon damage Enchants)

I run dual wield and 2H,
    on my dual wield bar fully buffed i get to 4.7k WD,

I use blue food for increase max health and max stamina
    I run the serpent mundus for stam regen,

My max stam is at 30k, regen at 1.8k.
    I did run blood spawn, 1 pce instead of kena but found that the reduction in damage was not worth it hence i changed my mundus.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried siphoning attacks, but I just couldn't get enough up time to beat away at someone in that small window of time for it to really be worth using. Plus I already have shuffle,rally, defensive stance, and relentless focus. Anymore buffs and I would just be a walking buff machine, especially with how short siphoning attacks lasts. Relentless focus of course is amazing and I use it all the time.

Yeah I struggle with abilities tbh, I'd just need one extra on both bars to be happy. The only other easy suggestion I can offer - other than changing gear - is slotting Werewolf on your damage bar as this will give an extra 15% regen alone. Not sure what you currently have and how feasible it is if you have one single target and one AOE for example.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I struggle with abilities tbh, I'd just need one extra on both bars to be happy. The only other easy suggestion I can offer - other than changing gear - is slotting Werewolf on your damage bar as this will give an extra 15% regen alone. Not sure what you currently have and how feasible it is if you have one single target and one AOE for example.

You know all it really took to push me into the sustainable range was getting the serpent stone back after it turned itself off for some reason. I had a really awesome 1v1 yesterday where I was able to keep myself sustained vs a woodelf nb and eventually I beat him and then killed another guy that tried to gank me before I could rest. Did that without even managing to make any of the suggested armor changes yet, so thanks everyone for the pointers! I know once I can make the armor changes I am going to be annihilating fools.

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. What's your recovery now?
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you console or PC?

Light att/surprise att/bash does not work for console. Console does not have a bash button like pc. So you stop your regen every time you use the combo.

This may be your problem if you on console.

I only animation cancel my ultimates on console becuase of this. Regen is way more important.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on April 1, 2016 11:41AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. What's your recovery now?

2050 and 2500+ with a drink. I really don't think I need anymore then this and I might me able to get some more weapon power now.
    Are you console or PC?

Light att/surprise att/bash does not work for console. Console does not have a bash button like pc. So you stop your regen every time you use the combo.

This may be your problem if you on console.

I only animation cancel my ultimates on console becuase of this. Regen is way more important.
    On pc you hold block and quickly tap light attack to bash. Do you think that is why I have been having bad recovery at times? I suppose I could rebind if it is doing that, but it doesn't appear to.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on April 1, 2016 8:48PM

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy attacks
    PC EU
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow ok I just noticed bashing is totally momentarily turning off my stamina regen. I do it extremely fast cause I got good at weaving it but it still cancels regen. Do i need to change my bindings to fix this?

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow ok I just noticed bashing is totally momentarily turning off my stamina regen. I do it extremely fast cause I got good at weaving it but it still cancels regen. Do i need to change my bindings to fix this?

yes
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

yes

crap! Now I got to re learn everything with a new binding.