The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

tank nightblade possible? what race choose? need advices

Ch4rLy
Ch4rLy
all is in the title :) thank you guys.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    google for "sap tank build" race Imperial (if you have one) or Breton.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Entirely possible, as dancing said above, google that.
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is. You can tank with every class :)
    I play all Healers in endgame content but my main is my Khajiit Nightblade.
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    PC EU Daggerfall Covenant
  • Ch4rLy
    Ch4rLy
    thank you ! so if i play an imperial it's ok? what is the better weapon for imperial nightblade?
    sorry for my english
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4rLy wrote: »
    thank you ! so if i play an imperial it's ok? what is the better weapon for imperial nightblade?
    sorry for my english
    If you're going tank, 1h+S.
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    for tank option 1h&s + resto
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton NBs make for excellent sap tanks, but an Imperial is not at a disadvantage here, being arguably the most flexible race in the game.

You can pretty much do whatever you want if you run Footman. You don't have to run Footman, it's simply the best single tanking set (no other set provides the same level of mitigation with only 5 pieces, which also come in jewelry). Other strong sets to pair it with are Tava's Blessing, Bahraha's Curse or Leeching, Fasalla's Guile (for pvp), or even something simple like Seducer's.

Aim to have your max health at 27k+ by the time all is said and done (including CP, Attributes, and Enchants). Beyond that, it's best to sink everything into magicka. If you choose a Breton, your CP allocation will be a little different from other tanks, due to the inherent spell resistance. A good starting allocation is as follows, assuming you're an Imperial:

Warrior:
    74 Block Expert
    1 Spell Shield
    Everything else into Hardy / Thick Skinned / Elemental Defender in a 2/1/1 ratio.
    I also recommend 10 points into Quick Recovery.

Mage:
    100 Elemental Expert
    46 Elfborn
    21 Blessed

Thief:
    Your choice - I recommend splitting your points between both magicka and stamina management here, with a primary focus on reduced cost over recovery. I overweight stamina stars relative to magicka stars personally.

I strongly recommend using a 1h+S on both bars. A simple, but flexible bar setup:
    Bar 1 - Pierce Armor, Double Take, Defensive Stance, Swallow Soul, Siphoning Attacks
    Bar 2 - Inner Rage, Sap, Deep Slash, Swallow Soul, Concealed Weapon

If you decide to run Tava's, I would put Soul Harvest on your off-bar so that you recover your ult during AoE trash pulls more quickly. You can pair this up with something like VoB on your main bar for the added health. If you want to take it a step further, 5 Tava's + 5 Footman + 2 Blood Spawn = Ultimate Regen build for a NB tank. DKs do a similar ult regen setup, but as NBs we don't have to accommodate the Potentates set to accomplish the same thing (due to ult generation through siphoning, and through potion drinking). Using the same Soul Harvest off-bar strategy, you can get have Aggressive War Horn on your primary bar, and this results is very frequent war horns for your group (moar damage!).
    Edited by Autolycus on March 31, 2016 1:39PM