The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting Ticks from Foward Camps

• KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bitaken wrote: »
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    "Denial is the most predictable of all human responses."

So, when I spent one week on Haderus really pushing hard for emp and was sitting between 2-4 the entire week - but this ONE GUY was always 100K over me I was informed it was because he was part of a dueling guild and he was either being fed D ticks near resources - or he was dueling on a resource and winning the duels and gaining AP ticks.

Either way you look at it - the forward camps and the usage to obtain defensive ticks would lead to more foul behavior by the player base.

I honestly do not care one iota about how people want to game the system. I do not care that people want to do whatever they can to make the most AP they can. I have never been given a single AP for free and I hate getting to a fight late and earning a tick for not taking part in a battle. However, I realize I am among the few when it comes to this. The scruples of the majority of MMO players is beyond reprehension in most cases and if you want to argue this - refer to the quote I use in my first line of this post.

Are you talking about Kodi? He isn't being fed jack by anyone. He wouldn't do that, and I can 100% attest that he didn't "game the system." The guy was out baiting zergs to chase him into blue resources where he would slaughter them solo or duo. Or he'd bait them to a tree...or a rock...or a choke...or any other useful terrain where he can get an advantage. The guy's a beast. I don't know who you're getting this allegation from, but it's simply incorrect.

Same goes for Yoyu and Jordaen, who were the emps before Kodi, and same goes for myself, Shel, and Inigo, who are at the top of the boards this week.

Feel free to compete with us in an open world AP farm any day.

I don't play the game to open field "AP FARM" If that's the sole reason you play the game I guess I feel bad for you.

I play in a 3-12 person group 98% of the time. For a brief period this past Sunday we made a crew and rolled Azura's with some friends from Khole. It was a blast - everyone had fun - we de-throned the AD emp - took back DC scrolls and left.

The game is about having fun - so have fun as you wish - and no I was not speaking of Kodi. The person I am speaking of already essentially admitted int his thread how he did it - when I would close to gap to less than 20K he would shoot up another 100K and would not be seen at any of the major offensive or defensive sieges. The fact that the same person wants to be able to set forward camps and get defensive ticks for them is not at all surprising.

At no point in this thread or anywhere is Jordaen admitting to being fed kills and ticks by friends in other alliances.
    Jordaen wrote: »

What's stopping people from doing that at a resource

Perhaps you're reading into this quote ^ what you would like to hear or thought was happening?...

Regardless, you running around dethroning emps and taking scrolls; me running around skirmishing zergs with my guys. It's all the same when one of us wants emp -- the aim is AP. If you were deadset on getting emp, you'd set up fights where the enemy potatoes into you at an objective that drops a tick, then you would outplay their greater numbers to defeat them. That's just game mechanics. I earned 600k legitimate AP points in the last 24 hours leading up to and during my push for first place on Haderus. The first couple hours was with K-Hole, and the rest was with my group over about 12 hours of total play. If you wanted emp, you'd have attempted the same.

And I took 5 of my guys into Azura's weeks ago, dethroned the first AD emp through his zerg, and took back our scrolls then. I established DC's presence in Azura's and pushed back the AD to begin with, so don't hang that over my head. :lol:
    Edited by KenaPKK on March 30, 2016 2:44AM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, when I spent one week on Haderus really pushing hard for emp and was sitting between 2-4 the entire week - but this ONE GUY was always 100K over me I was informed it was because he was part of a dueling guild and he was either being fed D ticks near resources - or he was dueling on a resource and winning the duels and gaining AP ticks.

Either way you look at it - the forward camps and the usage to obtain defensive ticks would lead to more foul behavior by the player base.

I honestly do not care one iota about how people want to game the system. I do not care that people want to do whatever they can to make the most AP they can. I have never been given a single AP for free and I hate getting to a fight late and earning a tick for not taking part in a battle. However, I realize I am among the few when it comes to this. The scruples of the majority of MMO players is beyond reprehension in most cases and if you want to argue this - refer to the quote I use in my first line of this post.

Are you talking about Kodi? He isn't being fed jack by anyone. He wouldn't do that, and I can 100% attest that he didn't "game the system." The guy was out baiting zergs to chase him into blue resources where he would slaughter them solo or duo. Or he'd bait them to a tree...or a rock...or a choke...or any other useful terrain where he can get an advantage. The guy's a beast. I don't know who you're getting this allegation from, but it's simply incorrect.

Same goes for Yoyu and Jordaen, who were the emps before Kodi, and same goes for myself, Shel, and Inigo, who are at the top of the boards this week.

I don't play the game to open field "AP FARM" If that's the sole reason you play the game I guess I feel bad for you.

I play in a 3-12 person group 98% of the time. For a brief period this past Sunday we made a crew and rolled Azura's with some friends from Khole. It was a blast - everyone had fun - we de-throned the AD emp - took back DC scrolls and left.

The game is about having fun - so have fun as you wish - and no I was not speaking of Kodi. The person I am speaking of already essentially admitted int his thread how he did it - when I would close to gap to less than 20K he would shoot up another 100K and would not be seen at any of the major offensive or defensive sieges. The fact that the same person wants to be able to set forward camps and get defensive ticks for them is not at all surprising.

At no point in this thread or anywhere is Jordaen admitting to being fed kills and ticks by friends in other alliances.

Perhaps you're reading into this quote ^ what you would like to hear or thought was happening?...

Regardless, you running around dethroning emps and taking scrolls; me running around skirmishing zergs with my guys. It's all the same when one of us wants emp -- the aim is AP. If you were deadset on getting emp, you'd set up fights where the enemy potatoes into you at an objective that drops a tick, then you would outplay their greater numbers to defeat them. That's just game mechanics. I earned 600k legitimate AP points in the last 24 hours leading up to and during my push for first place on Haderus. The first couple hours was with K-Hole, and the rest was with my group over about 12 hours of total play. If you wanted emp, you'd have attempted the same.

And I took 5 of my guys into Azura's weeks ago, dethroned the first AD emp through his zerg, and took back our scrolls then. I established DC's presence in Azura's and pushed back the AD to begin with, so don't hang that over my head. :lol:

I think thru all this you are misreading something.

1) I am not angry or accusing anything. I know what happened. I have friends too.

2) You want to flash Epeen go right ahead. Does it make you feel better? That ego needs a good dousing...you really may be very good at the game I do not question that - but you should really tone down the rhetoric and look at what you say before you say it.

3) I am the easiest guy in the world to get along with. I had 1 week where I thought I could push and play regularly enough to get emp for the second time and have some fun with it. I even offered Jordaen in game coin to step aside after he had emp that week and failed to defend it. However, it wasn't to be and that's all good with me.

This thread was about farming D ticks at forward camps. You want to know how that reads to me? That reads to me like a guy in some dueling guilds wants to setup opposing forward camps from each faction so that the guy who wins a duel gets a full set of AP from the kill as well as a D tick for winning the duel because of his proximity to the forward camp that is AT NO TIME under threat from those dueling.

It walks like a duck...quacks like a duck...well damn son..it's a duck.

PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • Jordaen
    Jordaen
    ✭✭✭

1) I am not angry or accusing anything. I know what happened. I have friends too.

2) You want to flash Epeen go right ahead. Does it make you feel better? That ego needs a good dousing...you really may be very good at the game I do not question that - but you should really tone down the rhetoric and look at what you say before you say it.

3) I am the easiest guy in the world to get along with. I had 1 week where I thought I could push and play regularly enough to get emp for the second time and have some fun with it. I even offered Jordaen in game coin to step aside after he had emp that week and failed to defend it. However, it wasn't to be and that's all good with me.

This thread was about farming D ticks at forward camps. You want to know how that reads to me? That reads to me like a guy in some dueling guilds wants to setup opposing forward camps from each faction so that the guy who wins a duel gets a full set of AP from the kill as well as a D tick for winning the duel because of his proximity to the forward camp that is AT NO TIME under threat from those dueling.

This thread was about being able to get ticks from accomplishing something open world. Not stationary like a keep or a resource.
    Chıef - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - DC
    Chiëf - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - AD

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCSAjDLRQUOtHi0P7J0BJ3Sw
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi im jordaen

^ that literally perfectly describes this post

one of the first discussions jordaen posts, out of nowhere, simplified paragraph on what jordaen is trying to say. idk why but the punctuation, how jordaen is in general, the *** profile pic, and everything else just makes this post so hilariously funny...

like i'm literally laughing my ass off... jesus. every comment from jordaein in this post literally is defined by "hi im jordaen."

*** i cant stop laughing
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • Jordaen
    Jordaen
    ✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    hi im jordaen

^ that literally perfectly describes this post

one of the first discussions jordaen posts, out of nowhere, simplified paragraph on what jordaen is trying to say. idk why but the punctuation, how jordaen is in general, the *** profile pic, and everything else just makes this post so hilariously funny...

like i'm literally laughing my ass off... jesus. every comment from jordaein in this post literally is defined by "hi im jordaen."

*** i cant stop laughing
    lmao
    Chıef - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - DC
    Chiëf - VR16 Stamina Dragonknight - AD

Youtube:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCSAjDLRQUOtHi0P7J0BJ3Sw
  • bitaken
    bitaken
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread was about being able to get ticks from accomplishing something open world. Not stationary like a keep or a resource.

What exactly are you "accomplishing" by killing people near a forward camp? Wait...let me think. Killing people near a camp you placed accomplishes......nothing to change the score on the map. Yup. While you may not have bad intentions - there is a road to a certain hell by allowing this. I do not think you are a stupid kid, but I guess a little naive.
    PvP Lead Officer for Einherjar

Member of Einherjar and associated guilds since 2001

A multi Gaming community of players.
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remove forward camps/posts
    forward camps are in-game to cut the number of polls regarding lag in half on forums
    stop complaining/suggesting BS about forward camps and focus on lag!!
    Edited by L2Pissue on March 31, 2016 1:08AM