The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cyrodil Emperor Conspiracy

• navyspeed
    navyspeed
    ✭✭✭
    Was this guild member of yours that was crowned emp a Templar?
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tear out the entire Emp system and rebuild it from scratch, or just leave it out; because the Ruby Throne belongs to Ayrenne, anyways.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this on AZ NA? Because the only DC emp at the end of the campaign was Filthy, and he wasn't dethroned until after reset. O_o Not sure who your friend if it it's AZ NA on PC.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Suru
    Suru
    ✭✭✭✭
    glad filthy was able to outlast the DC exploiters and AD spies :)

Suru
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh the real emp conspiracy happened almost 2 years ago, OP, on Celarus, when EP and DC conspired to crown EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER EMP in the span of a couple weeks.

No, seriously, reigns of five minutes, 20+ emps a day, for weeks on end.

It was bad. Later on even AD got involved.

Dark times. We went from the powerful and prestigious casuale with 50 days on hopesfire and naw sunrest with 40+ days on bloodthorn (think it was bloodthorn), to joeblowpvefarmer with a 6 minute reign before dropping so jimblowpvefarmer could get it next, back when the ring was bugged and emp could abdicate and recrown with just one keep flip.

Its one of the reasons I wear my former emp title on my chars, I actually earned it, four times. (3 on one, 1 on the other), many of the people i used to see with former emp, i just sneered at, because they were typically corporals or less and i knew they farmed on celarus.
    Edited by Rylana on March 30, 2016 12:10PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a RPer, I so wish that ZOS had not locked that shade of red behind the emperor title. That is the only reason I would want it other than the costume. But I know that I will never get either. Not because I don't PVP as I am usually PVPing several hours a day, but I play to the map and campaign more than I ap farm. To me, Cyrodil is a huge game of Risk(tm). So, I congulate the person who became emp. It is no easy task.

Hopefully, some of the problems with the Emp title will be moving out with the next PVP game.

((I could have told you that the Emp is very political especially in the DC PVP community. I have seen the refusal in zone by large PVP guilds to not go to the last keep that is needed for emp just because they didn't want to crown an out of guild emp. I have heard of the agreements between that guild and the enemy to control the empship. I was told by a former guild officer before she left the guild to go take the group to the last emp keep and do nothing so we could take part of the AP from the Emp zerg that was turtled in the last emp keep.))

Yup, this is exactly what happened to us and it was very frustrating and annoying.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    Hello,
    Anyway, he eventually did become Emp on like the last day of the campaign after we outlasted the DC spies and AD exploiters, but it was an uphill battle and there was much drama.

I read this as "we nightcapped" hopefully im not the only one who is so cynical XD grats though getting emp is always funny

Will be interesting to see if the weight of argument of a player who RP's is taken more notice of thanks.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on March 30, 2016 2:09PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • dejohn
    dejohn
    Soul Shriven
    Is this on AZ NA? Because the only DC emp at the end of the campaign was Filthy, and he wasn't dethroned until after reset. O_o Not sure who your friend if it it's AZ NA on PC.

This is on AZ NA yesterday. I posted more proof, but a moderator removed everything and not just the images that show the person's name. Here is a cleaned discussion:
    p9Jy5rP.png

@Crown does this name and shame you since your name is stated as the person they want to prevent getting emp?
    Edited by dejohn on March 30, 2016 2:17PM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I am not shamed by the above post. It just shows how much they love me ;-)

Things like this have been around for a long time, and unfortunately there's no way to honourably deal with it.

I said in the other post: The person in zone is right though - ZOS don't care, and they won't do anything about it.
    Edited by Crown on March 30, 2016 3:09PM
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com
  • Licht
    Licht
    Soul Shriven
    I still remember the Daggerfall and the Ebonheart side by side with siege weapons against us...But at the end i made my Empress. That attempt was the worst, the cross faction against us, traitors in ours group. I just want to forget that campaign. I really know how this situation can be frustrating but don't give up and good luck!
    Ninfhea: VR16 Magicka Sorcerer Dps (AD)
    Jehanne: VR16 Magicka Templar Healer (AD)
    Marghot: VR16 Stamina Dragonknight Tank (AD)
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dejohn wrote: »

This is on AZ NA yesterday. I posted more proof, but a moderator removed everything and not just the images that show the person's name. Here is a cleaned discussion:
    p9Jy5rP.png

@Crown does this name and shame you since your name is stated as the person they want to prevent getting emp?

The AD emperor yesterday doesn't main a DC, though, so not sure who specifically is being talked about here.

But in regards to the DC emp at the end of the campaign, it was Filthy, and not this guy's RP friend in this post. So either the OP tried to make some elaborate story, or this isn't NA server he's talking about lol. Zo (not typing whole names here) was the DC emp before Filthy, but he disappeared from the campaign for days and was grinding his toon (or so we heard). I don't even think he came for his dethrone. After Zo, Filthy got to the top of the boards and we crowned him a day or so later after Zo was deposed. In fact, my group specifically pushed AD and deposed some Random ;) on his Templar and then crowned Filthy. There was no push for anyone else.

So if this thread isn't about AZ NA on PC, then forgive the rant above, but if it is, then the OP either doesn't know what he's talking about, or is making an elaborate story for the forums just for lulz.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    As unfortunate as it is, this is most likely not a conspiracy and pretty old news. There are and have always been guilds that want to dictate the outcome of campaigns and who gets emperor during that cycle. I have had friends manage to pass certain players on the leaderboard and then it seems that all of our faction's allies disappear until they're pushed down the list. When in reality, they didn't disappear, they were just deliberately not contributing to flipping keeps, and farming massive amounts of AP in an outpost or something. This has been happening pretty much since launch of the game.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The big picture here is that Cyrodiil's is not rewarding players for behaving in ways that make sense within the whole Alliance war theme, nor is it punishing them for gaming the system for personal gain. It's one thing to say "all is fair in war", but that requires there to be a war in the first place.
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!