Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant play (again)

• Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame
    ....packet fragmentation and
    ....firewalls dropping fragmented packets for self protection and
    ...win10 have stupid TCP auto windowing bugged code and
    ...routers having very low factory wan MTU settings (that can only be fixed by hacking) and
    ...win10 wifi being buggy and not handling wifi 1500 mtu through low wan mtu and throwing tcp stack throttling errors and
    ...win10 wifi drivers being bugged to hell and back..along with the intel chipset code
    ... PPPoE needing 1492 mtu while PPPoAtm needing 1500 and
    ....bah!

Without ZOS severs added to the mix....and the disgruntled student hackers doing their nationalist hero stuff....I am frankly amazed the internet even works.

Oh...wait!
    Edited by Rune_Relic on March 28, 2016 7:46PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • VarilRau
    VarilRau
    ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem.

For few days i haven't been able to launch through the 32-bit client. 64bit one works "fine" (if you dont count the weird sound bugs, sometimes npc's not having hands, weird colours and so on)

With 32-bit client: I log in normally, select any of my characters in any area, log in and load the area up, and get kicked back to the login screen.
    With 64: no problems, except what mentioned earlier.. relog or two usually gets my game loaded up correctly, been playing the last few days like this.

Btw, for missing textures/colours restarting the game usually solves it, logging off and back on wont, so something goes wrong when you first load the game up? Sometimes all the trees are purple, other times all the critters and peoples pet's..
    Varil Rau, Mag sorcerer
    Viiltoveikko, Stam sorcerer
    Meadshield, nord dragonknight

DC EU
  • xionicc
    xionicc
    ✭✭
    Tldr; did you open eso ports?
    ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 10500 through 13800 ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 24100 through 24131 ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 24500 through 24507 ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 34600 through 34700 ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 49100 through 54000 ◦ TCP / UDP Ports 60300 through 61000
  • TheCatataFish
    Velvelya wrote: »
    yee It was probably a waste of time to do that....Were you able to get past the character select screen with 64 bit or no?

I can get in the game with 32bit and 64bit but I can't play on either one...
    CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok guys, here's the deal:

Over the weekend, all European megaservers were targeted under a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack which lead to poor in-game performance and disconnections. In response to this, we activated a mitigation system to fight off the attack and allow players to log in again. While this system enabled the majority of our players to get back into the game, there was a side effect to the traffic flow which resulted in a few PC players being unable to log in until we turn off the mitigation due to variations in PC hardware.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • TheCatataFish

Over the weekend, all European megaservers were targeted under a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack which lead to poor in-game performance and disconnections. In response to this, we activated a mitigation system to fight off the attack and allow players to log in again. While this system enabled the majority of our players to get back into the game, there was a side effect to the traffic flow which resulted in a few PC players being unable to log in until we turn off the mitigation due to variations in PC hardware.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your patience.

So is it fixed or when will it be???
    CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can also play using the 64bit client, but as the rest i have sound glitches and some purple textures.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • TheCatataFish
    I can also play using the 64bit client, but as the rest i have sound glitches and some purple textures.

I can't play at all
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the response.
    So basically, you blocked us from the service which we are entitled to.
    I hope that you will find a better way to respond to DDOS attacks than blocking your own players from accessing the game.
    The "few" players can be thousands of players based on what I have seen :/
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Lotheimas
    Lotheimas
    ✭✭
    Lord wrote: »

Thanks for the response.
    I hope that you will find a better way to respond to DDOS attacks than blocking your own players from accessing the game.

yep, i mean, is this really a thing? I understand is for our safety but i pay for something and i cant use it because the company says so.. do i get refound of my membership since i was one of the 'few' payers afffected?
    44k dps = WB spam
  • Voidly
    Voidly
    Yeah, refund our money and pay us for frustation.. We are "few" people can't play your game.
  • TheCatataFish
    I just want to play...
  • Borca
    Borca
    Soul Shriven

thanks for the update, so i could cancel ESO+ before renewal , please inform us few when we are allowed back into the game :)
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lotheimas wrote: »
    Lord wrote: »

Thanks for the response.

yep, i mean, is this really a thing? I understand is for our safety but i pay for something and i cant use it because the company says so.. do i get refound of my membership since i was one of the 'few' payers afffected?

I agree.
    It would have been nice and fair to receive a refund.
    Though based on their ToS I'm not sure it is possible.
    If they blocked the access by error, we do deserve a refund.

Quote from ZoS ToS:
    "If Your Account, or a particular subscription or membership for a Service associated with Your Account, is terminated or suspended and/or if any Downloadable Content is selectively removed, revoked or garnished from Your Account and/or if Your device is temporarily or permanently banned from accessing some or all of the Services, no refund will be granted, no Downloadable Content will be credited to You or converted to cash or other forms of reimbursement, and You will have no further access to Your Account or Downloadable Content associated with Your Account or the particular Service except where any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error and subject to the Statutory Obligations (as defined in Section 1). If You believe that any action has been taken against Your Account or device in error, please contact Customer Services at support.bethsoft.com. "
    Edited by Universe on March 29, 2016 2:15PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There isn't alot you can do to fight DDoS but sacrificing a few for many is fine in my books. Dont be upset at ZoS target the groups that do these attacks.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • TheCatataFish

There isn't alot you can do to fight DDoS but sacrificing a few for many is fine in my books. Dont be upset at ZoS target the groups that do these attacks.

Coming from someone who is able to play?
  • Lotheimas
    Lotheimas
    ✭✭

guess, yeah, you are right...
    I know that ZoS cares about their clients.. My comment above was a small rant haha :P
    44k dps = WB spam
  • Pantea
    Pantea
    ✭✭
    I always get kicked out after 30 secs or so since 3 days - may this be related to the above mentionned problems?
    Edited by Pantea on March 29, 2016 4:35PM
    Kaiserliche Drachenritterin
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error 11 for can't login
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Lotheimas
    Lotheimas
    ✭✭
    Pantea wrote: »
    I always get kicked out after 30 secs or so since 3 days - may this be related to the above mentionned problems?

probably yes... try 64bit client
    44k dps = WB spam
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lotheimas wrote: »
    Pantea wrote: »

probably yes... try 64bit client

The issue is with both 32bit and 64bit clients.
    It doesn't help.

So there is a DDOS on a daily basis and players are forbidden from accessing their accounts ?
    I just tried and I got kicked immediately after logging to a character...each time.
    This is ridiculous.

Please fix this.
  • Voidly
    Voidly
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Problem remains after patch...
    Still can't play with 32-bit.
    I guess i am stuck buggy 64-bit...
    What a shame.
  • rotiferuk
    rotiferuk
    ✭✭✭
    I too am still experiencing issues after the patch. So far I have not been able to play. Prior to the patch I could play after 3 or 4 login attempts.

EU server.

Have tried both 32bit and 64bit .
    EU Server.
  • TheCatataFish
    Are you serious? I have waited 4 days for this patch hoping I could play? And still I'm not able to play? Seriously I enjoyed playing the game, I don't enjoy waiting this long to play it. I feel like they're not even trying to fix the problem as long as the majority is able to play?
    Edited by TheCatataFish on March 30, 2016 7:11AM
  • TrekarmatiK69
    me too a lot of problem to stay in game, i need to delete UserSettings.txt file all the time when i come back in game and still, my game crash after 2 sec...
    Trekarmatik - DK tank EP
    Trekkyneth - NB stam dps EP
    Trek'in flowers - TP mag dps/heal EP
    Zi-L'HectreK'ator - SC mag dps EP
    Burninga Firestar'Trek - DK mag dps EP
    Trekky's Wardy - WD mag dps/heal EP
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    Patch still hasn't fixed the problem. Still have to resort to 64bit to play the game and even then i constantly get booted.

I find this to be pretty sloppy on Zos' part.
  • MjolnirVilkas
    MjolnirVilkas
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can this be happening again? It's not even been a month since the last incident that enraged costumers (TG update/dx11+ only support)
    Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark
    The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park
  • mufcdk1974
    mufcdk1974
    Soul Shriven
    After the patch this morning i also get booted to login screen a few seconds after the game loads. I am on the EU PC server.
  • Azor_Ahaii
    Azor_Ahaii
    ✭✭✭
    This also happens if you log off or disconnect whilst in a group. You can only go on the select character screen but when you select a character you will get a loading screen then the message: error occurred please try again later. Please ZOS fix this asap, some people will not be able to play this game at all unless someone disbands the group but you have no way of telling the group leader to kick you or disband you because you cant log on any character.
  • TrekarmatiK69
    many people can't loggin, but apparently the mundus problem was more important to fix...
    Trekarmatik - DK tank EP
    Trekkyneth - NB stam dps EP
    Trek'in flowers - TP mag dps/heal EP
    Zi-L'HectreK'ator - SC mag dps EP
    Burninga Firestar'Trek - DK mag dps EP
    Trekky's Wardy - WD mag dps/heal EP