Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Celebrate ESO's Anniversary!

Two years ago today, we opened the PC and Mac megaservers to everyone for Early Access. It was so exciting to see you all step foot into our world for the first time and experience everything ESO had to offer! Just over a year later, we unleashed ESO to the console world and launched on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. After years of [in-game] blood, sweat, and maybe a few tears, there is nothing more satisfying and thrilling than to see thousands of players enjoying the game we’ve created.

Be sure to check out the article linked above to see all the events we have in store for you. Enjoy!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Moozzie
    Moozzie
    ✭✭
    Does the xp buff remain for the whole week or just a small time period?
    Also does it include xp rewards from the daily random dungeon reward etc?
    Edited by Moozzie on March 30, 2016 3:37PM
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do you get the giveaways on social media? Do you just select a random person that comments? Then send them a code?
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11o6iw.jpg
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great idea to celebrate the 2thBirthday of ESO!!!
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yay! I remember we were so disappointed last year when the anniversary passed with little fanfare.
    Thanks ZOS and happy to see it :)
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am looking forward to the Prox bomb video of oneshotting 50 level 10s that are trying to grind levels in IC.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! I'm so glad to see events added to ESO! They've been terribly missed!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Lord_Wrath
    Lord_Wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the xp bonus is during the event or is it like using an xp pot when we choose?
    1300+ CP | Lørd Wrath | - Sorcerer - Palatine - Grand Master Crafter - 30000 Achievement Points
    Launch Player - PC - NA - EP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, nice synchronicity seeing this posted the same day I get my 2 year forum anniversary badge. Congrats on such a fun and successful game. It isn't perfect, but that is something that is covered by other threads. Despite the ups and downs ESO's version of Tamriel is still a great place to visit.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

Just out of curiosity, does the cake has its own animation when you use it?

And can we expect more events like this but for Tamrielic holidays in the future?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting for the haters who will say: this is what they did instead of fix bugs?!?
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Holy@#$& eso doing an ingame event... where was this launch day ago?!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So a big XP bonus, a cake quest, and social media giveaways...

...but how many players want to see characters named ZOS_KaiSchober, ZOS_JessicaFolsom, ZOS_GinaBruno, ZOS_RichLambert, ZOS_AmeliaR, ZOS_CaseyCoffman, etc running around giving out candy or fighting in Cyrodiil? :wink:
    Edited by tinythinker on March 30, 2016 4:37PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two years later and still the game feels worse than it did in beta with regards to Cyrodiil performance.

Give yourselves a big pat on the back, because I know my friends and I sure as hell won't.
    'Chaos
  • TheForseti
    TheForseti
    ✭✭✭
    Curious to see if this effect with Jubilee Cake will be an additive or multiplicative stack with Psijic Ambrosia and/or XP Scrolls. The difference being:

Additive = 1 base XP + 0.5 Psijic Ambrosia/XP Scroll + 1.0 Jubilee Cake = 2.5x XP earned
    Multiplicative = (1 base XP + 0.5 Psijic Ambrosia/XP Scroll) * 2 Jubilee Cake = 3.0x XP earned

The extra 50% would be a massive difference!
    PC-NA | CP 1,400+ @The_Forseti
  • Arkady
    Arkady
    ✭✭
    Is there a cap to the XP bonus?
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Event hype <3 Wasn't expecting them to start quite so soon!
    Edited by Legoless on March 30, 2016 4:58PM
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After the quest is complete, you'll receive your reward – a Jubilee Cake, which will be placed in your Mementos collection.
    You and anyone in your group will be able to enjoy the cake and receive a 100% XP buff. This buff stacks with all other XP buffs!

How long is the duration of the buff, and how long is the cd on the momento that gives the buff?
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • genebcolonb14_ESO
    wow- with all their DLC and patches they feel much older- amazing what a great group (Zen)..Congrats!!!

-now more male NPCs please! not just bakers...
    Edited by genebcolonb14_ESO on March 30, 2016 5:22PM
    "If I was a flag I'd have no nation-- Just the colours and the wind" -Alphaville
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    thx for gift but wait....i'm already at 620+ champion points...

why zos are you only thinking at new/low level players ?

Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zaenidd wrote: »
    thx for gift but wait....i'm already at 620+ champion points...

why zos are you only thinking at new/low level players ?

Ive been playing since it launched and I still have yet to hit half way to cap much less the cap. Remember not everyone is able to live in the game. So a lot of us would really appreciate the xp boost. Not just new or low level characters.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get the "cake voucher" from the Crown Store during the event period, but don't complete the quest immediately, will the quest still be available after the end of the event as long as you still have the voucher?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooo, looks like fun. Which of my three cp-earning accounts should I use the cake on, I wonder... :D
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like I'm grinding another character XD
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary Elder Scrolls Online :) Also want to say Happy 2 year Anniversary to East Empire Trading Co. NA PC. Thanx to all the players that has made this Guild and Elder Scrolls Online Thrive during these times.
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bummer.
    Give-aways on "social media only" sucks. How about just handing out the good stuff to random logged-in players?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    Bummer.
    Give-aways on "social media only" sucks. How about just handing out the good stuff to random logged-in players?

Its a way to attract more people to their social media sites. Lots of companies do it.
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
    1. Get voucher
    2. Complete quest
    3. Eat cake, 100% xp buff.

Questions.

How long does the buff last i.e. only during the event, from 7:30pm EDT on April 4, and conclude at 7pm EDT on April 10 or is it a set time bonus i.e. lasts 12hrs before rebuff required (I always have room for cake).

The reason I ask is if I log on and eat cake on an alt then log off can o comeback and level them with the buff after the event or should I eat my cake and binge level one character over the full week?

Anyway thank you for two enjoyable years and have a slice of digital (fat free) cake on me!!
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dhukath wrote: »
    1. Get voucher
    2. Complete quest
    3. Eat cake, 100% xp buff.

Questions.

How long does the buff last i.e. only during the event, from 7:30pm EDT on April 4, and conclude at 7pm EDT on April 10 or is it a set time bonus i.e. lasts 12hrs before rebuff required (I always have room for cake).

The reason I ask is if I log on and eat cake on an alt then log off can o comeback and level them with the buff after the event or should I eat my cake and binge level one character over the full week?

Anyway thank you for two enjoyable years and have a slice of digital (fat free) cake on me!!

It says it goes into your mementos slot so I assume its like the other stuff and can be activated whenever you wish. The duration I dont know but it wont go away if you log out. You can just reactivate it.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that the buff only lasts for a set amount of time once you activate it, not for the whole week. Why else would they make it share-able within a group? A whole week of XP-stacking sounds pretty tasty though! Glad to see they're doing an anniversary event this year.