The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to beat a Sorcerer as a Stampler 1v1?

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    And as for roots - a sorc can bolt escape even while rooted.
    :* correct! Any sorc who rolls out of soft CC ain't no good sorc :*

Forgive me for my ignorance with playing sorc (I only have a stamina sorc). However, they are still rooted after the streak yes? And multiple streaks stack mp cost yes? And you can simply re-gap close and keep binding them yes? I fail to see how this is not placing pressure on the sorc? Whether you make them spam streak or dodge roll one way or the other you are attacking their resources right?

Block was a good point though, why even bother when you have huge shields. (I still see them do it though LOL!)
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    Fought a couple sorcs on my lvl 44 atamplar last night and main a sorc myself, the best offense against a sorc is attacking their stamina pool,keeping pressure on them so they have to keep reapplying shields and can't do any damage and pray to jeebus that youll be able to get him low health enough so whe you do het through his shields it wont take much to kill him.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

Forgive me for my ignorance with playing sorc (I only have a stamina sorc). However, they are still rooted after the streak yes? And multiple streaks stack mp cost yes? And you can simply re-gap close and keep binding them yes? I fail to see how this is not placing pressure on the sorc? Whether you make them spam streak or dodge roll one way or the other you are attacking their resources right?

The sorc would be doing the same thing anyway even without the root. Therefore the rooting does not put any additional pressure on him beyond what the re-gap-closing already does.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

The sorc would be doing the same thing anyway even without the root. Therefore the rooting does not put any additional pressure on him beyond what the re-gap-closing already does.

Does root not force you to face one direction as a sorc? Can you frag while I am behind you for instance cause I have Never seen that. I get your argument that it's not applying pressure I am just confused cause I do this regularly and it works. I guess it's cause there are so many bad players in pvp but....