The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling Enchanting Tips?

ragingruby1991
ragingruby1991
✭✭✭
So leveling my enchanting to 50 is a serious grind. I am currently level 38 in enchanting and it has taken the better part of 3 months to get there by leveling casually (but leveling blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking to 50 took almost no time at all). I did some good ole Google research and have found that deconstructing glyphs that others have made will level enchanting quickly, but the issue is that none of the guys I play with level enchanting so their glyphs would be very low level and not really yield much aspiration.

Are there any good ways to level enchanting solo apart from mass producing my own glyphs and breaking them down?
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm mobs that drop a lot of glyphs, I have never sold any to vendors while lvling up my toons, I have 4 VR 16s with enchanting all in the 40s cept for my main crafter who has 50.

Its a bit of a pain but you get 9 gold for glyphs when you sell to vendors, what a joke , decon it all and lvl up your chanter skill, use or sell the components.

Plus i dont have any skill points in enchanting on my non crafters, they still do ok deconing , might not get as much as my main crafter but you would be surprised how much stuff they do get from deconing.
    Options
  • ragingruby1991
    ragingruby1991
    ✭✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Farm mobs that drop a lot of glyphs, I have never sold any to vendors while lvling up my toons, I have 4 VR 16s with enchanting all in the 40s cept for my main crafter who has 50.

Its a bit of a pain but you get 9 gold for glyphs when you sell to vendors, what a joke , decon it all and lvl up your chanter skill, use or sell the components.

Plus i dont have any skill points in enchanting on my non crafters, they still do ok deconing , might not get as much as my main crafter but you would be surprised how much stuff they do get from deconing.

Yeah, I've been deconning every glyph for months and it's still taking a while. I'll just keep on with the frind then. Thanks!
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another way, but you need to have tons of bag space and a really really really good enchanter friend in game that is willing to make glyphs from the highest lvl components that "you" can supply him/her. Then you decon the ones he/she makes. But its a major pain and I don't think most enchanters would do it,. I could be wrong, maybe there are a lot of them that might be willing to do that, personally my main crafter has close to zero bag space 99 percent of the time even with maxed bag upgrade.
    Edited by Reevster on March 28, 2016 10:01PM
    Options
  • ragingruby1991
    ragingruby1991
    ✭✭✭
    There is another way, but you need to have tons of bag space and a really really really good enchanter friend in game that is willing to make glyphs from the highest lvl components that "you" can supply him/her. Then you decon the ones he/she makes. But its a major pain and I don't think most enchanters would do it,. I could be wrong, maybe there are a lot of them that might be willing to do that, personally my main crafter has close to zero bag space 99 percent of the time.

Haha yeah....my bank is 99/100 full (ALL crafting materials) and my bag space is usually pretty crowded too and I'm not in a financial position to upgrade the space of either at the moment. Oh well! Atleast I created a packmule toon to hold all my monster helms and shoulders.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've been deconning every glyph for months and it's still taking a while. I'll just keep on with the frind then. Thanks!
    There is another way, but you need to have tons of bag space and a really really really good enchanter friend in game that is willing to make glyphs from the highest lvl components that "you" can supply him/her. Then you decon the ones her/she makes. But its a major pain and I don't think most enchanters would do it,. I could be wrong, maybe there are a lot of them that might be willing to do that, personally my main crafter has close to zero bag space 99 percent of the time.

I have done the Glyph thing and the friction is too much to make this worthwhile, in that you can only send 6 items per mail or face to face, and you need hundreds to do this. Besides, with White Glyphs, you get more Inspiration from Mob Looted Glyphs than you do Glyphs made by another character. Mob Glyphs are about 10% more than Alt or Player made Glyphs.

However, there is a way to level two characters in Enchanting on your account. Since Alt Made Glyphs give the same as other player made glyphs, make them on one character and decon on another. You get a decent amount of Inspiration for making them too. And, the best part is you can use Green or Blue or even Purple Aspects for huge boost in Inspiration. If you go this route, there is a fall off as you go off level (enchanting level) so you won't get as much Insp from Deconning say VR9 to VR14 Glyphs on a L10 enchanter, so you want to make and decon glyphs near the range of your character's enchanting for most efficiency. Then again, as cheap as Redes and Kura's are now, it would not be all that much a waste to use those and not worry about not getting full inspiration.

You will lose about 75% of the Runes you use to make all these Glyphs. Tips are to use L8 Potencies at the High end as we get a bunch of those and have no use for them on end game alts, so they are cheap in the Guild Stores. Although L9 Potencies are bottomed out too, so those are good fodder. Then use Denatas until you can barely see the bar moving again, then maybe use Rekuta's but those are expensive. I did not see all that much Inspiration from Jejota's, but I would think that lower level enchanters would find them worthwhile for this up to a point.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another way, but you need to have tons of bag space and a really really really good enchanter friend in game that is willing to make glyphs from the highest lvl components that "you" can supply him/her. Then you decon the ones he/she makes. But its a major pain and I don't think most enchanters would do it,. I could be wrong, maybe there are a lot of them that might be willing to do that, personally my main crafter has close to zero bag space 99 percent of the time.

Haha yeah....my bank is 99/100 full (ALL crafting materials) and my bag space is usually pretty crowded too and I'm not in a financial position to upgrade the space of either at the moment. Oh well! Atleast I created a packmule toon to hold all my monster helms and shoulders.

Back to farming then... :) its a grind .... :/
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daily writs and no rush. Decon glyphs that you didnt made yourself. green and blue are good.
    If you have two characters, you can make on one, put in bank, and decon with the other. I am level 50 enchanting on 4 characters and barely put effort in it.
    Edited by OrphanHelgen on March 28, 2016 10:22PM
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • ragingruby1991
    ragingruby1991
    ✭✭✭
    Daily writs and no rush. Decon glyphs that you didnt made yourself. green and blue are good.
    If you have two characters, you can make on one, put in bank, and decon with the other. I am level 50 enchanting on 4 characters and barely put effort in it.

But the anticipation of making my own glyphs is kiling me! I have all the mats to make my final set of vr16 endgame armor but I don't want to do it until I can make the enchantments for it also. Those guild store prices for vr16 purple/gold glyphs are far more than I'm willing to pay.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the anticipation of making my own glyphs is kiling me! I have all the mats to make my final set of vr16 endgame armor but I don't want to do it until I can make the enchantments for it also. Those guild store prices for vr16 purple/gold glyphs are far more than I'm willing to pay.

Are you in a Guild? Buy the runes and have a guild mate make the glyphs for you. Of course, once you go shopping for the runes, you will know why the glyphs are so expensive.

If your PC/NA, look me up, I could help you with making them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

really? Explain "Barely put any effort into it" lol, sorry but it is the hardest one to get to 50, you must be superman. ;)

Options
  • ragingruby1991
    ragingruby1991
    ✭✭✭

Nestor wrote: »

Are you in a Guild? Buy the runes and have a guild mate make the glyphs for you. Of course, once you go shopping for the runes, you will know why the glyphs are so expensive.

If your PC/NA, look me up, I could help you with making them.

I'm a member of 2 guilds on PS4/NA. I have the runes for the most part (atleast the purple and gold runes) but I'd still really like to get my enchanting to 50 just so I don't have to always be dependent on others. Thank you for your offer though!
    Options
  • fatemoe
    fatemoe
    I just give up enchanting and sell every glyph in guild store.

It's fairly profitable.
    People will pay 200g even for lowest level glyph.
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

really? Explain "Barely put any effort into it" lol, sorry but it is the hardest one to get to 50, you must be superman. ;)

Ok I might lie a bit on that post of mine. My first one to level 50 was kind of hard and took some time yes, but when I got skillpoints into enchanting, I got all materials back after a decon, so I could almost make infinite glyphs to decon. Also, dont make effort in making and decon white quality, thats almost no xp. But like I said, green and blue are really good. Ofcourse purple but thats not worth compared to the price of rekuta and kuta.
    I dont have the link here, but on google you will find the exact xp you get from deconstructing each type of glyph, both level and quality.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solid advice above. I've leveled 3 to 50 and one more is at 48, mostly by deconning looted glyphs. One more tip, not already listed, is to delay learning all the rune meanings until the last few level. You get a huge boost from learning them, and doing this in the last few levels will equal decon of dozens of glyphs. Also, chests are a great source of glyphs, with a side benefit of gold, soul gems, XP, etc.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have boosted tens of players in enchanting. I have sort of method to use. It's a mixture of loot and boost and writs.

I ask people to first level up by themselves to thirtysome and farm runes. That also filters out certain players. Then they have some stock of runes gathered and we have a boost session at the table. By doing only blue/purple glyphs we don't need that much inventory.

- Use loot glyphs to level up to 30. Save high end glyphs because they have penalty at low levels.
    - After 30 keep leveling with loot but if that gets too slow, get some runes and we boost with VR1+ blue glyphs.
    - After 40 there is an option to level to 50 by doing daily 9/10 writs. It takes some time but is effortless.
    - Or we boost from 40 to 50 with VR9+ purple glyphs. At forty it takes about six monumental purple glyphs per level and last levels need about ten per level.

That's the skeleton. For each player it's different. You can reach 50 with loot only, but it requires thousands of glyphs. You can certainly boost from 1 to 50 with hefty stock, and I've done it for few alts of my own. For the record, it takes 180 monumental purples to level up to 50, although that is not optimal because of penalties :mrgreen: . What i don't know is how useful low level writs are. I just have never done them.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I just got done leveling this to 50 about a week ago. I got the last 10 points in it in 2 days. I went to several guild vendors and bought all the VR14+ green and blue glyphs i could find that were under 500g each. Most of the greens were 100-250g. It still cost me about 70k to do this but was worth it to go ahead and finish up. The higher the color of the glyph the most inspiration you get so go for the higher level ones. Also got a few lower priced purples....helped a lot.
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pro tip : Subscribe that +10% inspiration helps

Also use your VR16's to kill mobs and get max lvl glyphs for decon.

Also you don't really "need" enchanting above 40 OP... Just saying :wink:

edit for smiley face
    Edited by Duiwel on March 30, 2016 10:23AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At enchanting lvl 38 enchanting, you should really farm a few flowers and nirncrux in Craglorn, sell everything - buy around 20-25 Rekuta (purple aspect runes) + Rejera/ Jehade (v15 potency runes) and the cheapest essense you can find.

Give equal amount of the Rekuta, Rejera or Jehade and the cheap essense runes to a friend of yours who can craft them for you, if needed pay a crafter 5k gold to make those glyphs and send them to you. Deconstruct.

Alternatively go to your level area, farm undeads for glyphs and deconstruct everything. Ghosts and zombies drop a lot of glyphs. Once you level up, go to a higher level area to farm there.

Btw. do you happen to play on PC/ EU?
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    Pro tip : Subscribe that +10% inspiration helps

Also use your VR16's to kill mobs and get max lvl glyphs for decon.

Also you don't really "need" enchanting above 40 OP... Just saying :wink:

edit for smiley face

Ya you do need lvl 50 unless your content to only make lvl VR 14 and lower glyphs.

czCQrnP.png
    Options