The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to access my account if emailed access codes aren't coming through

docsnuz
docsnuz
Soul Shriven
I have an account (premium - paid). I recently got a new computer and I get the "log in from new device - email access code" message. But I never get the email. I try logging into my account through the website, and I was told I needed the access code for that too. Hmm...can't get an access code, can't investigate why without an access code...

So, how do I get into my account and how do I play the game if the access code never reaches me? Not like, say, a password should function in any way like an identity verification...

I'm pretty sure the problem is with my email service, bigfoot.com, but if ZO won't let me into my account to change the email then what am I to do?
Edited by docsnuz on March 28, 2016 4:36PM
  • Rosiv
    Rosiv
    The mails must have come through to some point, because you first login also forced a mail to be sent.
    So look at the spam, try to disable every spam filter or rule in your account, or whitelist the domain the mails come from.
    There is nothing you can do, if you can't approve your mail address.
    Maybe opening a support ticket may help, but this doesn't solve the real problem, that you don't receive mails from ESO.

Try to find somethings in you mail settings, or the missing mails in your spam. :)
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you had access to your account, email changes must be made through customer support. You can contact them using the Support option at the top of the page. If for any reason you cannot log in at that point, you can use "Can't log in" and "Compromised/Suspended" as you are currently in a suspension of use and unable to access your account. This isn't a regular channel for use, but will allow you to contact support where they can redirect you.

I hope this helps you to get your email changed. If you find that you are waiting for an unreasonable amount of time, please reply to this thread with the ticket number that you submitted.

Edit - As an extra note the suggestions to look at spam, disable spam filters (email protection in your AVirus, etc), and whitelist the domain emails are also good ones to do before contacting customer support. Let them know in your email that you have tried these steps in advance.
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 29, 2016 8:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post