The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Caster Templar build

clerveremailaddr
clerveremailaddr
Soul Shriven
I was thinking of making a Breton, light armor, Templar caster. Is that feasible for solo late in the game? If not, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you! Returning player here. Haven't played since the month it was released.
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Yes feasible. Altmer will do more damage. Dunmer good choice too. Magic Templars are very versatile also.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back to the game :3

Endgame in ESO is pretty much all group content. If you are talking about solo questing in through Cadwells Silver and Gold or DLC content, then all classes are viable, but templar is probably one of the easiest.

I mean you can blast through all the solo content with Puncturing Sweeps alone.

Advanced templar play:
    • Puncturing Sweep - cone-aoe skill that is a weak aoe, but strong single target damage. It is good for survival, if you are up against 3-4 enemies, this skill can keep your healthbar at 100%.
    • Breath of Life - good burst heal.
    • Repentance - costless skill that gives you health and stamina from nearby corpses. Just by slotting it you gain 10% regen in health, magicka and stamina.
    • Channeled Focus - good alternative to a shield, and returns a bit magicka.
    • Reflective Light - hits 3 enemies with a dot.
    • Dark Flare - good single target skill, but have a casting time.
    • Radiant Glory - good execute skill, works best at enemies that are 50% or less in health and heals you up while you deal damage, so you don't have to stop dealing damage to heal yourself up.
    • Aurora Javelin - Knocks enemy back.
    • Toppling Charge - Stuns enemy.
    • Blazing Spear - a good AoE and a damage over time.
    Depending on the situation you are in, you can change and replace these skills on your bars to manage the fights easier.

......oh I almost forgot, Solar Disturbance is a great ultimate, it gives good damage and reduces the damage of your enemies for a few seconds afterwards.

• clerveremailaddr
    clerveremailaddr
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks guys. As soon as these server come back up ill create me one :) Was just an idea i had, glad I wasnt crazy.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. As soon as these server come back up ill create me one :) Was just an idea i had, glad I wasnt crazy.

I hope you get to have lots of fun ^^
  • clerveremailaddr
    clerveremailaddr
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks! I'm sure I will.
  • clerveremailaddr
    clerveremailaddr
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, and just thought of another question? Typically use a destuction staff to save mana? or healing staff?
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, and just thought of another question? Typically use a destuction staff to save mana? or healing staff?

..well nothing beats a restoration staff heavy attack in regaining magicka :D

Destruction staff is not bad though, if you cast Elemental Drain on a target and hit it with an elemental dot...such a Vampires Bane/ Reflective Light .... you will gain magicka from the dots, while you use other skills.

I use the restoration staff to regain magicka in bad situations and cast Rapid Regeneration on myself and my team, while my Dual Wield hand is only for dealing damage. The swords give me around 250-300 more spell damage because of a passive ability, I don't use any Dual Wielding skills on that bar.

This works for me in most cases, and if something goes wrong I switch out a few skills. I also carry a destruction staff, but I mainly use it to cast Elemental Drain when I join teams as a healer.