Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we limit this Dodge spam bs

Avenias
Avenias
✭✭✭✭
So many rolling monkeys just dodging all over the bloody place, its annoying and broken.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »
    So many rolling monkeys just dodging all over the bloody place, its annoying and broken.

Okay as if the increase dodge roll cost each dodge roll wasn't enough... You think this is bad in 1.6 we could perma dodge roll, something that many want back. But now its dodge roll increase cost pure use between 3 seconds, dodge rolling right requires skills. Please don't QQ more about this and get it nerfed..
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get a templar friend. Jesus beam and problem solved.
    Because I can!
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    It does not make any sense also, how the hell is a heavy armored dude rolling around so much with the weight on him. Dodge is still on steroids.
    Edited by Avenias on March 29, 2016 12:21PM
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok you are crazy. most people roll 2-3 times and are almost out of stamina.
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not make any sense also, how the hell is a heavy armored dude rolling around so much with the weight on him. Dodge is still on steroids.

It no way is. He probably built for it in CP. Dodge roll only ruins you if you have a 5-10k stamina pool with no regeneration and no reduce cost. A lot of perma blockers have a lot of reduce cost, and built to dodge.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

video or it didnt happen.
    - THE MORALES -
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh dodge roll spec is still a thing and it's fine. Things were way worse in 1.6
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can dodge roll 7 times from 100-0 as a stamina build. Keep in mind that's over 34k stamina.... It seems you got outplayed by someone who was rolling with skill.
    PS4 NA DC
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can dodge roll 7 times from 100-0 as a stamina build. Keep in mind that's over 34k stamina.... It seems you got outplayed by someone who was rolling with skill.

ye.. and thats ALL you can do is dodge roll. thats not including any heals or buffs/debuffs in between..
    OP must be a sorcerer who's shards getting rolled off lol... dont complain SORC, you can spam that shield about 50 times before you run out of magic!!
    - THE MORALES -
  • demonaffinity
    demonaffinity
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah right, as a stamina nightblade, I'l be damned on the fact that my attack resource is also my maneuver resource. Magicka users does not have this problem. Increase the cost and it will screw over stamina users further, which would be absurd. Stamina builds are already being punished, and Zeni does seem to care about the feedback regarding this issue.

This game is also skill based, which makes combat that much more fun. If I wanted "turn" based combat, Id play Perfect World. So much talk is going around of Animation canceling and dodge rolling being broken, but if they were to change those 2 things, combat in ESO would be so basic, and would completely remove that smooth, satisfying feeling of fighting in ESO. It's something I hear a lot of players praising ESO for, including myself.

So yeah. Nerf dodge rolling, remove animation cancelling, and then just shut down the servers, because the game will go to hell.
  • mike.eso
    mike.eso
    ✭✭✭✭

My dodge roll has already been f**ked once, it does not want to be f**ked again. You sir may leave, thanks.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There is a double stack of shuffle exploit.

Or so they say... so dodge without the dodge roll. See K_di for details.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mikmak wrote: »

My dodge roll has already been f**ked once, it does not want to be f**ked again. You sir may leave, thanks.

please dont nerf the dodge roll, its all we have left to defend ourselves!
  • urkonse
    urkonse
    ✭✭✭
    AAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDD another PVP POOP. dodge shall be BUFFED instead as its very needed in pve .__.
    Lightning guild is recruiting active players at any level & skill ( PS4 , EU)
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not even dodge roll, explain how a person on a horse sitting still with three people shooting at them and everyone of us are not hitting, seeing target dodged taking no damage, there is a doge exploit in the game, ZOS knows about it, they were told about it a couple of guild meetings ago, and it is still in the game, we don't need a nerf we need fix, so players are not getting 90% dodge chance.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not even dodge roll, explain how a person on a horse sitting still with three people shooting at them and everyone of us are not hitting, seeing target dodged taking no damage, there is a doge exploit in the game, ZOS knows about it, they were told about it a couple of guild meetings ago, and it is still in the game, we don't need a nerf we need fix, so players are not getting 90% dodge chance.

VIDEO OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
    - THE MORALES -
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow you guys are just being.... Lovely...
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inarre wrote: »
    Wow you guys are just being.... Lovely...

Hah not surprised, its like that in every game. Its entertaining to read them, but commenting on them is too tedious.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh dodge roll spec is still a thing and it's fine. Things were way worse in 1.6

This is why I produce no salt when my enemy roll dodges. I just imagine 1.6 and all is well again.
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭

This is why I produce no salt when my enemy roll dodges. I just imagine 1.6 and all is well again.

That is like choosing bad and worse, instead of trying to make it better.
  • ZombieZig
    ZombieZig
    ✭✭✭
    I think their are posters in these forums that troll these pvp topics. Seems they involve themselves negatively on topics they dont agree with. Every post that is made by them is to derail or incite player to player conflict, thus in turn eventually shutting down the thread. FYI i have discovered their are groups of people that try to control threads by shutting them down this way. So greasy~ i encourage you to report these individuals for purposeful derailing and inciting negative nonconstructive conflict.

To keep on topic.

Yes i as well feel roll dodge is broken. I wish it could be fixed.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My question is can we get this obviously pvp thread moved to the pvp section?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dude I can do that its call Blur or Shuffle it's a miss chance power I don't ride without it. It goes down recast and back on the horse it's 20% no bugs needed sometimes you dodge a few attacks in a row sometimes you wonder if you dodged on the whole fight.

Rolling at the right time it not hard and if you're a Sorcerer as you don't say which class you were Nightblades, Dragon Knights and Templars can hit rolling targets or CC a player mid roll. I take it he rolled your Shard to which I say shield up Curse and DoT you can't roll DoT ticks.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • ZOS_MollyH
    We've moved this thread to the PVP Combat and Skills board where it is most relevant. We have also removed several rude and non-constructive comments from the thread for violating the Code of Conduct. Please review the forum rules and keep discussion civil, thanks.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is like choosing bad and worse, instead of trying to make it better.

Let me put it into perspective for a second. In 1.6, I was in Fareygl taking it back from blue. I ran into a Khaijit Nightblade who got caught out of stealth. He proceeded to then roll all the way to the door while I was trying to hit him with Toppling and Sweeps. None of which made contact with him and he got inside safely. Now if he tried to do that, he would get hit and probably die from having little-to no stamina left.

Smart roll dodges now will roll around all types of corners to get away, which is smart. Like Greensoup and Casterial said, characters can be built to dodge roll. It's a really good alternative to just eating raw damage... is just to avoid it. Gotta learn to punish and predict when they roll in PvP. It's an important part of dealing with Stamina dependent enemies.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on March 29, 2016 2:30PM
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it dodge roll you're mad at, or just dodge? Rolling has been significantly nerfed. But we also have viable dodge chance gear. Crusader is pretty ok when paired with another 5 piece set. Then there's Hist Bark (probably what the heavies are wearing), Spectre's Eye, etc.

Get wit the new dodge hotness.
    Edited by tonemd on March 29, 2016 3:00PM
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    Is it dodge roll you're mad at, or just dodge? Rolling has been significantly nerfed. But we also have viable dodge chance gear. Crusader is pretty ok when paired with another 5 piece set. Then there's Hist Bark (probably what the heavies are wearing), Spectre's Eye, etc.

Get wit the new dodge hotness.

Agreed. As a console player I didn't realize how many of my attacks were dodged. Fun to see big numbers but seeing when abilities miss is huge. And seriously, leave dodge roll alone - stam builds have it rough already.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are oh so many counters to dodge roll, when I see someone relying on it as their main defense I crack a little smile because I know they're going to die. When someone rolls, just pressure the hell out of them, force them to roll again before the 4 seconds is up, maintain heavy pressure on their health pool and as a result they'll either keep dodging and ruin their stam management or you'll kill them because you've negated their only effective defense.

Dodge roll is only effective when its paired with multiple other defensive mechanics, blocking, buffs, and LoS. If someone is low on health and trying to dodge roll, just hit them with an AoE ulti such as meteor, dawnbreaker, or soul tether.

Edit: as far as the shuffle bug, its definitely real, I'm gonna try to get some footage together showcasing it sometime this week
    @Rylana @Crown can both attest to the shuffle exploit though
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 29, 2016 4:32PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a shuffle bug. I've actually seen myself dodge something when I wasn't getting attacked at all multiple times.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WTT: Will trade dodge for healing ward