The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magelight and Piercing Mark will lock out Shadow Cloak in PvP with Thieves Guild DLC

• akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They nerfed cloaked into uselessness. It is not even worth the 8% damage mitigation for 2 seconds, or the guaranteed crit... Now NB's have no self heal, and no cloak... defenseless NB's...
  • Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    Dakrana_Thrazvoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they remove this on live server. Dark cloak is defense ability and you nerf it too much. With theses changes cloak will become useless, gg zenimax. Piercing mark change was not necessary at all.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank all the nbs that run all day.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was for toning down cloak a little, like give a magicka regen penalty like with dodge roll, or reduced healing while cloaked, but this is simply too much, and that is coming from someone who is not a nightblade fan....and that is putting it lightly.
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    I have a lvl40 NB that I play very rarely, I prefer my Mag Sorc, Stam DK, and Mag DK. However I do think the nerf is a bit brutal. From my point of view making it so a Nightblade cannot return to stealth for the duration of Mark Target is a big issue. I could care less about Magelight or the DOT suppression changes (those I find pretty reasonable as far as a nerf goes), but 20 seconds of being locked out of your classes main source of survivability is just too much. Just make it so only the caster of Mark can see them, as it was, and I think people will adjust just fine to the other changes. (This also gives a massive advantage to Mag NB over Stam NB) Either way ESO PvPers will evolve with the game as always. @Wrobel @ZOS_BrianWheeler Help our community out please!
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

GanVal Zimm - VR16 Stam DK
    Accaro - VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Zimm
    Zimm
    ✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Piercing won't. Can confirm from wrobel. It'll work the way it works now on TG launch.

Welp I guess I should've read this first. Awesome though, thanks for the update!
    I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

GanVal Zimm - VR16 Stam DK
    Accaro - VR16 Magicka Sorc
    Agony - Magicka DK
    Buuch - Stam Nightblade
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only skill lockout I want is for the shade teleport when I'm out of its range and can't activate the teleport.

Otherwise nerf was necessary for a skill requiring 20 (?) counters. Is the gray out considered a negative effect?
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all they should have done to nerf cloak - would have been the unnerfing of detection pots.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, do you really think its OK to have the best damage, by far best gap closer, by far best mobility, best escape, best sneak, crazy sustain and able to take just as much damage as any other class? Yes, CP's even the field when it comes to sustaining damage.

Well, you know, the point of the class of Nightblades is to utilize stealth and extra damage from stealth so it makes sense they have the most burst.

Best mobility? Looks @ sorcs they can just bolt away with pretty much consequences.

Best sneak? Umm, every class can sneak, you mean stealth, yeah they're a stealthy class makes sense.

Crazy sustain? We have no class heal that doesn't require a target like Templar/DKs. And Sorcs can just get 20K damage shields and if they get in trouble they just port away, restack shields, and reengage and then just hit you with 14K overloads or 12K Crystal frags. Granted getting hit with either is kind of bad playing since they fly fairly slow and you can just dodge roll out of them but most people don't do that.

Well, NBs have no shields, no built in damage mitigation you have to run crit/magic/phys resistance in CP and Armor. Besides maybe mirage and the other morph with the 20% dodge chance but whatever.

Pretty much the only thing NBs get is Dark Cloak/Shadowy Disguise, which in reality, every class can get with Invis pots.But for me as a main NB, it doesn't matter because I will adapt and just run Purge/Shadowy disguise and hit most people for 17K with Spectral bow. To be good at a game you have to learn to play it, and adapt to most situations and not just run the FOTM builds of classes.
    Edited by iRageGGB on February 22, 2016 12:47AM
    The Ugly Orcling - EP Orc Stam Sorc
    Thorlarex Sah'Kriid - EP Sorcerer
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
    Serriah Sah'Kriid - DC Nightblade
  • MBBOWOLVERINE
    MBBOWOLVERINE
    ✭✭
    So a nightblade has no class heal, no escapabililty and now can't cloak, brilliant, well done zos, so we have to contend with 20k meteors and op sorcs, cloak was broken to start with, everything pulls you out of it, so now a sorc can cast curse, magica det on us and spam frags all while we can't cloak, wtf is this
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    So a nightblade has no class heal, no escapabililty and now can't cloak, brilliant, well done zos, so we have to contend with 20k meteors and op sorcs, cloak was broken to start with, everything pulls you out of it, so now a sorc can cast curse, magica det on us and spam frags all while we can't cloak, wtf is this

Well they do have a heal, but it's crap. Swallow soul and the other morph but that requires a target to get hp back, sap essence is an "ok" heal but again it needs targets to make it worth a damn. Crippling grasp I believe heals you. I mean could just run resto bar Healing Ward or rapid regen but meh still crap in cyro.

So they pretty much make the main ability worthless unless you know how to counter it and just purge + cloak, or you know just perma dark cloak until the DOTs are gone and then you're good doesn't really help people fighting NBs just makes the a little more annoying because NB can't purge DOTs instantly and reengage they have to wait 5-10 seconds or more to reengage.

Makes no sense but I can beat the system in place so it's not a big deal to me.
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a nightblade..Anyone who thinks NBs don't have access to heals is kidding themselves.

Anyone who thinks a guaranteed crit also isn't worth a bar slot is also a fool.
  • iRageGGB
    iRageGGB
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I play a nightblade..Anyone who thinks NBs don't have access to heals is kidding themselves.

Anyone who thinks a guaranteed crit also isn't worth a bar slot is also a fool.

Shadow cloak + Spectral bow proc...17K on players 24-27K on guards and other mobs with only 2K spell damage and 32K Magicka.
    Râgê - EP Dragonknight
  • Herogrinding
    Herogrinding
    Soul Shriven
    Let me Elaborate,

all the passives (Shadow Barrier) and the Changed Shadow Cloak ability to bypass Dots (and the morph’s of 8% damage reduction for 5 sec’s from Dark Cloak, and the 100% Crit’ chance while in Cloak..) will be locked out, the Ability now greys out and cannot be used for 5 sec’s if discovered by Magelight.. Also know that a ball of the light will appear over the Nightblades head for that duration letting everyone know he cannot go back to sneak or use Shadow Cloak while PvP’ing.. also I forgot to add that Piercing Mark (Morph of Mark Target) will also lock out Cloak as well for 30 sec’s..

Looks like ZOS will institute this change in the Thieves Guild DLC.. please advise everyone you know in Game who plays a Nightblade of this Change so we can get ZOS to change it back..

From my perspective i never understood the term nerfff.
    I do understand what players try to say with it ofcourse i do, but i rather see it as fresh changes making a different balance again and keeping things interesting. When in an mmo skills changes over the course of patches everytime new things happen thats the main reason i play mmo.s. So in my opinion <nerfcrying> sorry couldnt come up with a different word.
    But in my opinion players making big deals out of 1 skill are not made for playing mmo.s. Im pretty sure you can adapt your playstyle and have kills in pvp or fun in a new way everytime something changes..

Ill give an eample i always loved ff7 but i never obtained a psp to play the prequel crisis core. 4 days ago i downloaded it. i googeled it and within 12 hours i was so Overpowered i beat the game in barely 36 hours...

What i mean with that is that passive rpgs always remain the same and for that sake it becomes boring and nobody cares to play such games anymore after a playthrough.....

My question is what you want to achieve with gathering other NB players to keep a skill from changing because you dont like it on a personal base??
    So what would you want the cloak skill remains the same for 6 years and it may never be changed in other words it has to remain the same because you dont like change?

I dont try to be a mean guy here , but change is the base concept of why an mmo will live for a log time or not....
    And agreed not all changes are nice always and i like to complain on many aspects pf games..
    Like when games focus on becoming pay to win or add thousands of useless professions just for players to make misuse of auction house systems as eample wow.

But i have never ever complained in any game about skill changes.. because thats the only reason players keep playing..
    If skyrim would be onlne and skills were changing some people would probably still play it... now most wont bother because its exact the same as the first playthrough..

Sorry for the many words but change is good, even when you dont like something the fun thing is now u need to adapt and find new ways.. nobody forces you to have the cloak skill delete it from the bar if you dont like it but calling every change a nerf is just too common jibberish to me, if you want to talk about nerfs gather real people and raid the goverment when they raise taxes on tobacco or food or electronics, but in an mmo nerf is just a way of telling others you dont like a change.

On top of it not everyone will equip the magelight because it already takes up 2 bars slots if you want th passive crit buff at all times when weapon swapping, for that main reason i personally ignore that skill because it makes me feel bored and short handed on 2 slots i can use for something fun or usefull in a different way.

i dont play eso for that log yet but please stop the nerfcrywars,, its one of the main reasons why a market ruling game like wow turned into a game where you are forced to equip only the talents that are best in slot and do most damage or healing mitigation, and choosing something different then Best in Slot makes your char not optimal..... You want that to happen to this game also,, i dont know about you but the main reason i started eso is the freedom in playstyles were given and the numerous different ways of makng builds that focus on achieving certain goals you set for your char,,

i think zenimax does a nice job so go on guys keep the NERFS coming : D

• Herogrinding
    Herogrinding
    Soul Shriven
    Key is to have multiple classes ;) i have a 50/50 chance currently to have FOTM class

And indeed if you dont like your class make another and try that out..
    Theres no fun in running around a game pressing the same skill for years and years,,
    and if you dont want to go another class then nightblade you will just have to adapt and find new ways, thats the exciting part isnt it coming up with something new that works and gives you satisfaction,

I think threads like this are good for discussion, but if you dont want to adapt your playstyle and you rather stay stuck in Pre Thieves guild patch then again MMOs maybe are not your thing.
    You can always download world of warcraft and pay 300 dollars for a boost to get every item you want and press 1234 forced in a certain Best in Slot talents style of play.... god its boring, but even in that mmo skills change throughout patches,, every mmo has those aspects, If you want static skills and abilities you would maybe enjoy to be lightning from ff13 and press X on your controller all day long to one shot everything with Ultima spell equipped and remain pressing XXXXXX for 3 years sure go ahead have fun, but deep inside everyone complaining on nerfs secretly are glad in the end.....

As long as something doesnt become pay to win or pay to achieve something without actually having to play this mmo will remain perfectly fine as long as that business model is avoided by the devs, and graphically theres alot to still implement in this game, it has very much potential as long as it remains F2P and avoids pay to win/achieve mechanics it can become a number one for multiple years to come.

• Herogrinding
    Herogrinding
    Soul Shriven
    Let me Elaborate,

Also know that a ball of the light will appear over the Nightblades head for that duration letting everyone know he cannot go back to sneak or use Shadow Cloak while PvP’ing..
    Looks like ZOS will institute this change in the Thieves Guild DLC.. please advise everyone you know in Game who plays a Nightblade of this Change so we can get ZOS to change it back..

it is especially that ball of light part that makes this a fun change i will remember to always nuke the ball of light :,P hehe
    just kidding

• Herogrinding
    Herogrinding
    Soul Shriven
    Cloak will still be effective but this change means you have to use it strategically, you know, like every other class does with their skills. Do you realize how important it is to have the first attack in a fight? That will still be 100% possible but for once you have to think ahead...like everyone else. Right now you can just peace out whenever you might be in trouble. Not just run away but freaking disappear when surrounded. Countermeasures are only effective if its a Xv1 in an enclosed area...multiple people vs a single NB. Cyrodil is simply too large of an area to cover it in AoE's, detec pots can only be used 1x per minute and last 13 seconds, CC is stupid easy to break. To say otherwise is insulting. We all play the same game. No one is fooled.

Seriously, do you really think its OK to have the best damage, by far best gap closer, by far best mobility, best escape, best sneak, crazy sustain and able to take just as much damage as any other class? Yes, CP's even the field when it comes to sustaining damage.

But it's obviously your skill......

Exact use a brain thats what good mmos are about,, some people like the guy that started this nerf thread just arent made for mmo's they want to be arnold schwarenegger aka terinator and press theyre bis talents only.......

thats why everytime something changes people like that almost start getting tears in there eyes because now he has to adapt.

I bet the words adapt skill and brains all three make shiverrs run over his back brrrrrrrrrr change shiverrrr haha ;P
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the better cloak morph these days? Just started playing mageblade.

I am quite surprised how tanky mageblades are tbh. Took a wrecking blow to the face and my health bar barely moved. Got to love the soul tether ultimate stuns everything and puts health bar back to full. I gotta learn how to teleport back to shadow subject or whatever that skill is. That could be a big advantage.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people are complaining about this...

I still am able to run away from combat 90% of the time as a stamblade...
    Most people don't run magelight and/or peircing mark anyway.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »
    I can't believe people are complaining about this...

I still am able to run away from combat 90% of the time as a stamblade...
    Most people don't run magelight and/or peircing mark anyway.

This is actually pretty true for the most part... people that are running Magelight are usually PVE'ers and go down fairly quickly even if they reveal and mostly magblades use Piercing Mark.

On a side note, Piercing Mark hasn't changed... YOU CAN STILL CLOAK, but you are still visible to the player who marked you (and only that player), until you are pulled out of cloak again.

I honestly don't notice that much a difference from a previous patch to this patch. I like the 8% damage reduction passive that was added, I think it is much more beneficial. Honestly if you're still having trouble using cloak effectively it's your L2P issue.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP