Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fungal grotto

thehoov
thehoov
My husband and I tried to do the fungal grotto today.... EPIC FAIL..... Holy jeepers!!!!
We got to the one boss where she sends her minions after you and they chain you down.

After trying like 12 times, members of the group started to drop off and we left.
This is impossible!!! How is it done

Also....we are VR 6. Should we stick to non veteran pledges for now???
  • paul_j
    paul_j
    ✭✭✭
    When she chains someone down focus on killing one of the guys holding them down
  • thehoov
    thehoov
    paul_j wrote: »
    When she chains someone down focus on killing one of the guys holding them down
    Brings me to another pet peeve.... No one communicates?!?)

This was our second group dungeon.... No chatting? No game plan?!???:(
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this boss have 2 different mechanics that you need to pay attention to:
    • boss spawns 4 shadows, 4 shadows trap 1 group member with a sword falling in it's direction.
    • group must kill 1 shadow to free the trapped member, otherwise the sword will pierce and kill the trapped member..
    • if the group damage multiple shadows, boss will spaw 4 adds shadows that deal damage, and you have to take them down with AoE skills.
    • boss casts blue-ish attack at 1 group member, if that group member doesn't rolldodge the attack in time, boss will later cast the attack on another member.
    • when the second group member have been hit by the attack, if that group member doesn't rolldodge it either he will be linked with a blue-ish thread to the first group member.
    • the two group members that are now linked with a blue thread take heavy damage, and must run away from eachother as fast and far as possible to break the link ...if they don't, they die.

And the boss sometimes glitches and disappears in the middle of the fight. Just wait for her if this happens, she respawns. It can take seconds or 3-4 minutes >.<

My best advice: get into friendly pve guilds, get friends and socialize for a while, so you can get to do veteran dungeons and pledges with people you communicate with. Pugs are often problematic.....
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 28, 2016 5:47PM
  • mia_pow
    mia_pow
    ✭✭
    If your on the ps4 i could give you a hand temp healer vet 12 my psn is same as my screen name
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's your first time in a vet dungeon, say so up front. Most players are happy to explain the mechanics and help you learn, but only if we know we need to. If nobody says anything, we assume that everybody in the group has done it dozens of times like most of us have.

For that boss, there are two important mechanics. She will tether two players together with a purple sapping beam. Those two need to run away from each other asap. And when she chains somebody down, everybody needs to focus dps on the same corner. Don't attack different chain holders, just kill one and the person will be freed.

Aside from that, just kill the "normal" adds and block or dodge her throw attacks.
    Edited by Reverb on March 31, 2016 6:25PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche