Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Motifs

DMan808
DMan808
Soul Shriven
does anybody know a good way to get most of the racial motifs easily?
  • xxxdcxxx
    xxxdcxxx
    ✭✭✭
    Buy it from the guild traders
    PC-EU
    Fus Ro Dah !
  • DMan808
    DMan808
    Soul Shriven
    xxxdcxxx wrote: »

yeah i would but there all so expensive and i cant afford any of them
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all will Come in time. All my alts know every racial style haha.
    Be sure to check all back packs, and cabinets. They'll Come to ya
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few tips.

Buying the motifs from the traders or asking in zone are the fastest ways to get the books. However, it may be costly or annoy a few of fellow players if you put too many WTB .... messages over and over.

If you want to save money on motifs, start crafting on an imperial character if you have access to one. Imperial motif can be expensive and hard to find. However, Imperial characters get the motif automatically.

Limit your motif learning to one "equipment crafter". Motifs are character based and if you split of the trades, you will motif books for all.

Yesterday, I started work on an article on my blog to summarize where you can find the various motifs if you would rather farm them yourself instead of buying.

benevolentbowd.ca/esotu/esotu-motifs/

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • GreenGhostMan
    GreenGhostMan
    ✭✭✭
    While questing coldharbor I always ransacked the bank every time I relogged. I had to have found 6-7 racial motifs while there. I like it better than the one in vulkhel guard because you don't have to worry about stealing/laundering. But like someone already mentioned. They will come with time. By the time I leveled my first character to vet1 I had 2-3 duplicates of almost every racial style. 4-5 on some. But I check all urns and furniture... I guess I'm a little OCD about that.
    Alozar [] AD [] vet7 High Elf Templar
    Dronus Agni [] AD [] 9 Redguard DK
    Vaden Luxor [] AD [] 4 Redguard Templar
  • Xandyaffonso
    I only got 2 from urns and chests. I bought in guild traders all of mine. It is costly the rare ones, yet if you really want it, just save some money. As to the imperial motif, I bought mine for 11k. If you look a lot you may find a good orice
  • Esquire1980g_ESO
    Esquire1980g_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Coldharbor, ck all the containers in every house/bldg in the main city. all the way thru the entire city. FIlled 2 crafters of mine and 1.5 of my wife's with motifs while looking for specific recs for writs.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As everyone has said, check all the containers you come across. All three of my characters know the 9 blue motifs, barbaric, and primal all from looting containers; and 2 know daedric from containers. I've even found more than four of almost all of these, and have been selling/giving them away.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • dominic.iraceb14_ESO
    i ended up buying them from the crown store.. I got a bunch for joining the monthly membership, so i used them to by motifs.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DMan808 wrote: »
    xxxdcxxx wrote: »

yeah i would but there all so expensive and i cant afford any of them

If you are seeing more than 150g for each book (the basic blue races), then go somewhere else. At least if you are on PC NA. But seriously, you will find all of them many, many, many times over. My PvP guild tries to give them away for free to our regular members and we can't get rid of all of them.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol OP if you are EU DC I can prob give you most for free I stock them for new guildies but I can spare some for a new player as well ( you sound like you want them & who am I to deny that :smiley: )

Not like I need em

EDIT: I see you bought them from the crown store, I would have advised against this as they can be had for much less, should have rather taken glass motif or something from the store.
    Edited by Duiwel on March 22, 2016 10:23AM
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    >.< I get so many normal motifs, like 6-7 a day sometimes just by farming containers for other stuff. I sell them in guildstores for 50g-170g, because when I offer it for free in my guilds and zonechat nobody wants it.

Even my guildbanks are full of them, because other players like me loot them and don't sell it because the profit is too low, so they fill up the guildbank with it... I take those out and put them all for sale through my guildstores too. If I let the motifs stay in the guildbank, they will eventually fill up the whole place lol

I guess I could just destroy the items, but I dislike destroying stuff others could benefit from.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 22, 2016 1:12PM
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about the new fancy styles or the old primal/daedric ones? Because the old ones can be had for about 4k/ea, which isn't much time in questing(and much faster than opening everything you can find). As for the others, they're supposed to be rare - either open everything in the hopes of getting lucky or set your sights on earning enough gold to do so. No real easy way.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a few tips.

Buying the motifs from the traders or asking in zone are the fastest ways to get the books. However, it may be costly or annoy a few of fellow players if you put too many WTB .... messages over and over.

If you want to save money on motifs, start crafting on an imperial character if you have access to one. Imperial motif can be expensive and hard to find. However, Imperial characters get the motif automatically.

Limit your motif learning to one "equipment crafter". Motifs are character based and if you split of the trades, you will motif books for all.

Yesterday, I started work on an article on my blog to summarize where you can find the various motifs if you would rather farm them yourself instead of buying.

Thanks

Nice page! bookmarked for reference!!
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a few tips.

Thanks

Really helpful and informative blog - much appreciated :)
  • Orion_Sixx
    Here's a few tips.

Thanks

Excellent job.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ritzey01 @BomblePants @Orion_Sixx btw. if you do what @BenevolentBowd mentioned, I can tell you a little secret about Imperial race.

The Imperial Motif only costs around 40k-150k for a whole motif, it's really pocket money compared to Akaviri, that costs millions. However the real benefit with Imperial race is, that they have a "luck" element.

You can refine raw materials such as cloth, leather, ore and rough wood - and if you have 3 skillpoints invested in the specific craft you are refining from, you gain legendary improvement materials from it. Imperials gain most from refinement because of the "luck" they have. It's also a good race to farm for motifs with, due to same reason.

Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 26, 2016 12:22PM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • randolphbenoit
    randolphbenoit
    ✭✭✭✭
    As of yesterday I now know every style currently available and yes it an expensive task unless your extreme grinder.
    the NeXus Guild (NA-DC-Crafters) contact @randolphbenoit - Currently Allies to Fairy Tail of Tamriel (Social) and Brave Kore (DC PvP). https://twitter.com/randolphbenoit

Saltrice - (Salt tolerant rice) Saltrice, pronounced just like it looks is, in fact, a kind of rice that can grow in paddies of either fresh or brackish water.