Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions about Weapon-based Glyphs

Benie
Benie
✭✭✭
Ok, this is driving me nuts. I've hit V1. I got this nice gear, and I need to throw enchants on my 2H Sword and Bow. But I'm confused on what enchant I should get for them.
Now I've heard something about Cold damage makes enemy attacks slower, so that would work for a sword. Yet I looked around and all I see is "Does X cold damage". Surely there's got to be more of a reason to get it.
Even things like Poison damage. Surely it does more than being just a random elemental damage glyph.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Edited by Benie on March 23, 2016 7:05PM
--Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make a crushing enchantment. Lowers thier armour and is just better. So you need for a V1, Itode, Deteri and go for a Rekuta. Purple glyphs or higher is better.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dont use gold enchants on anything till you are V16, Epic is fine however if you have the mats, but going gold is a waste.

Crusher is good for 2H or Mace, and say Poison or Disease enchant on your bow, take advantage of maxing out Mighty on Champion Points.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a crushing glyph on 2H weapons and a weapon damage glyph on bows. Bows have lower weapon damage than 2H weapons by nature, so having it set up this way allows for your bow to compliment your 2h, and your 2h to compliment your bow.

I would strongly recommend you only go to purple quality items and glyphs. It's definitely overkill and a substantial waste of money to do legendary stuff at your level.
  • Benie
    Benie
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. It's actually good to see all three of you agree with eachother. Normally I see "yeah, do X", followed by the next guy saying "NOOO!! DON'T do X!! Do Y!!"
    Anyway, thank you. But I have to ask...

@SHADOW2KK: What do you mean by "gold enchants"? The color of the glyph, or the color of the text of the glyph? By default, Strong enchants that can be bought at a vendor are gold-colored (not the text, but the glyph).

Also, I'm not exactly a crafter. I do plan to get into crafting, though. Could I possibly get a website to help me with glyph crafting (that's step-by-step)?
    --Char info updated as of March 23rd, 2016 - PC NA--
    Benie - VR1 Argonian Stam DragonKnight (2H Sword/Bow/WW)
    Beniee - VR3 Nord Mag Sorcerer (Destruction Staff)

Well-known hotbar button spammer
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    I believe the frost damage enchant you speak of is the one that does cold damage but has chance to freeze enemies to slow movements as well.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run a search for enchanting runes and glyphs there is a guide on the forum that will tell you what you need to know
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Benie wrote: »

@SHADOW2KK: What do you mean by "gold enchants"? The color of the glyph, or the color of the text of the glyph? By default, Strong enchants that can be bought at a vendor are gold-colored (not the text, but the glyph).

Also, I'm not exactly a crafter. I do plan to get into crafting, though. Could I possibly get a website to help me with glyph crafting (that's step-by-step)?

It would be the text you see in the inventory window that would be Purple or Gold or Blue. NPC Vendor Glyphs are always White. You can buy Green, Blue, Purple or Gold Glyphs in Guild Stores.

The Aspect Stones, one of the 3 parts to make a Glyph come in White (Ta), Green (Jejota), Blue (Denata), Purple (Rekuta) and Gold (Kuta). As you go up in Aspects, you get more oomph from the enchantment. Sometimes not much, but at VR16, quite a bit. So, while leveling, it is better to make Blue or Purple glyphs for weapons simply because the big benefit from using Kuta does not appear until top level gear.

As for learning Enchanting see this

http://tamrielfoundry.com/crafting/enchanting/

or

http://tamrieljournal.com/crafting-and-professions/enchanting/

To level enchanting is a bit of a grind. Start deconning all the mob loot glyphs you get, maybe even buy some in guild stores to decon. Trading glyphs with players is no longer the fast way to level, unless they make Blue or Purple Glyphs for you to decon. That means of course you need to buy the mats to send to them so that they can make them for you to decon.

Enchanting does give decent Inspiration for making the glyphs, so you could just buy the runes, then make the glyphs yourself too. Or, buy the runes, then ask for a guild mate to make the Glyphs for you.

And, my choice for weapon glyphs are Poison for PvE and Disease for PvP. Of course you could experiment with Ta based Glyphs until you find an effect you like, then make that in Blue or Purple. You can replace any enchantment with another one, so no worries there. Well, you can replace weapon enchantments with other weapon enchantments etc.

Edited by Nestor on March 25, 2016 9:19PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"