Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question For DK's

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The 20% stam regen from Green Dragon Blood is only beneficial if you don't use tripots or other potions that give the same exact buff. Thus, my choice is clearly Coagulating, if I choose to have it on my bars. It needs buffing for pvp though.

I too tend to think that the Deep Breath (interrupt) morph is often more useful now than Draw Essence. It's superior when you're just forced to spam it in the middle of enemies as they're focusing on you, since you don't have time to benefit from the magicka return that only comes with exhale. In the no-CP campaign Draw Essence may be more useful than Deep Breath since resource management matters more there and the enemies may be hitting you for less and thus you may be able to wait for the second phase of it.

I don't use tripots much and I still would recommend coag over gdb, simply because most magicka dk builds are going to have terrible stam regen anyway. 20% more of a bad stat is still very insufficient. Mag dk stam regen should come from igneous shield spam or hitting elusive mist a couple times.

rip decibel
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ok cool, you don't use any Impen enchants? Or is your set up for PVE?[/quote]

my magic DK isn't vet 16 yet so I'm using training glyphs but I don't feel too much of a difference, yes impen would be nice but I'm going for a build that can manage resources better than other magic builds and hold its own against sorcs, so far as a lvl 45 I'm doing good, been noticing that the one hit wonders run out of magic when they start doing heavy attacks. My only problem is "oh *** heal". I used run restoration but I didn't like the self heals it provided, spamming coagulated blood is sadly faster but leaves me open for an attack.
    [/quote]

I've seen those dudes spamming their resto staff as well...they don't know how to build a dk or have built very specifically for high damage knowing they have no sustain. I find usually it's the former unfortunately. That said I run full impen I have no resource management issues. Dks are a class built for resource management. You should not be running out of resources (save maybe stam and even then) as a dk unless your in a 1v5 (number is just to make a point lol) or more. The survivability that impen gives you especially in light armor is insane.

Unfortunately coag blood is your best option if you don't want to run a resto (I don't). Sadly it still blows. The healing however from your damage with the changes to embers and inhale are insane. Your actually better off in the middle of the fray where a dk should be anyway. I have coag on my bar but I often take it off and run magelight and have had very few issues. Once wings is fixed it will be a virtual nonissue.
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    oburn wrote: »
    Morozov wrote: »
    oburn wrote: »
    5-kragnacs hope light
    2-engine guardian heavy
    3-will power magic or health depending on your comfort level

S-b (torugs pact)
    Burning embers
    Talons
    Volatile armor
    Flame lash
    Chains
    Standard of might

Destruction staff (anything)
    Reflective plate
    Ingenious weapons
    Igneous shield
    Coagulated blood
    Flame reach
    Shooting star

All points into magic

Cp- your choice, I went for max flame damage, reduce cost, and quick recoveries first.

My first dk was a stamina nord and wb/take flight/execute got old fast. I love my new dark elf dk, I can take sorcs and nbs no problem, anything past 4 enemies I get overwhelmed, but in groups I hardly go down.

Are most people running 5 Kags? if I get 5 Kags made, I don't have any monster set at all, so what would I put in it's place?

I am running 5kags/3 willpower jewelry/ 4 magnus. Seeing as im in PVP exclusively I get the regen and spell power benefit from the three sets as well as a quick rez which is good when running in the groups im in. All are craftable sets and can easily be obtained.

There are benefits to both morphs of inhale: deep breath adds more dps and an interrupt where you get magicka with draw essence. I personally run deep breath for the dps and interrupt because with the sets/enchants/attributes I run, my magicka rarely drops below 50% spamming abilities.

Dragon blood is a tricky beast. GDB is a good stam regen but coag blood adds additional healing. Coag with inhale makes it pretty tricky to take you down. Add on top of that the stage 4 vamp debuff which reduces damage done when at low health; unless you are getting focused you can remain pretty tanky even in light armor with the impen and CP

edit; this is without a monster set, but EG, VS, MAL, are all decent options to use. 5Kags however is hard to say no to in PVP

Good points, now do you run any Nirn on your sets? What enchants do you put on your gear? I'm limited on CP, I only have 210 CP, so I'm struggling where to put them. Although I am considering going to the Non CP PvP Campaign

im running legs and chest gold tri stat glyphs cause they have infused on those items, and magicka glyphs on all other gear.

CP will help with a lot of the issues. There is a difference you will feel from 210 CP to +400 where im at. I don't run Nirn on anything since all the non-infused pieces I have are impen (I PVP 99% of the time). Weapons are sharpened.

As a magDK, magicka is your friend. Will you be able to be one of these 4k+ spell damage 40k magicka builds which one shot folks but has little to no regen? Nah, but you will be able to hold your own vs 3-10 and live/root/AOE them while your friends/alliance widdles them down. Its what a DK is supposed to do.

AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For gear I would go 3 Willpower, 2 gold Spell Power and 1 gold magicka recovery. 5 Impen VD, 4 Magnus heavy chest, medium legs both Impen, Nirnhoned Sword and Reinforced Board, (3 Magnus with Resto on back bar). Same as my Templar.

Unfortunately, from my experience I have not seen any threatening mag DK's yet. That's on my Templar and both NB's. Hopefully someone using this set up may prove me wrong.
    PC EU
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    For gear I would go 3 Willpower, 2 gold Spell Power and 1 gold magicka recovery. 5 Impen VD, 4 Magnus heavy chest, medium legs both Impen, Nirnhoned Sword and Reinforced Board, (3 Magnus with Resto on back bar). Same as my Templar.

Unfortunately, from my experience I have not seen any threatening mag DK's yet. That's on my Templar and both NB's. Hopefully someone using this set up may prove me wrong.

You haven't found a good magician dk yet
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Atm I've been running this setup :

armor 4x impen, 3x infused:
    5 kagernac armor
    1 bloodspawn helm
    1 molag kena shoulder

weapons and jewerly:
    2x magnus sword and shield (nirn sword, reinforced shield)
    3x willpower (one cost reduction, one spelldmg, one mana regen)

Working decently. Will swap to two BS when I get the shoulders and 2x torugs sword and shield when I get enough mats.
    Been having a blast in pvp :P

Imo dragonblood and whip needs a bit of a buff still :) And I main a nightblade, dk is just an alt. It just needs to happen.
    Edited by Master_Kas on March 25, 2016 3:16PM
    EU | PC
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chadwikid wrote: »
    I'm in love with the magicka dk changes. It's a whole new ballgame. Without knit picking about skills that are still useless that most people didn't use anyway (inferno anyone), I would say the only thing that didn't get done that should have was a fix for dragons blood.

I am finally able to run without a resto staff and have some insane survivabilty in light armor. The changes to inhale and its morphs and the heal with burning embers along with the cp changes have made a huge difference. Damage is way up survivabilty is way up. You can play a dk the way it should be played, In your face fire breathing face melting warrior.

I was very effective with my mag dk pre TG now...its game on.

Currently running 5/1/1 light s/b s/b

5 kags
    4 Magnus
    3 willpower

I'm switching up a bit with the new monster vendor around to

5 kags impen
    1 Kenna
    1 bloods pawn
    2 torugs (s/b)
    3 willpower

What's your skill setup for each bar?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    What's your skill setup for each bar? [/quote]

S/b
    Burning embers
    Deep breath
    Flame lash
    Igneous
    Burning talons
    Shooting star

S/b
    Empowering chains
    Prix det
    Radiant Mage light/coag blood (flex spot)
    Molten armaments
    Harness magicaka (cuz wings broke still on console)
    Take flight

Switched to impen and noticed a serious difference. Also after further gameplay thinking engine guardian will also work.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's your skill setup for each bar?

S/b
    Burning embers
    Deep breath
    Flame lash
    Igneous
    Burning talons
    Shooting star

S/b
    Empowering chains
    Prix det
    Radiant Mage light/coag blood (flex spot)
    Molten armaments
    Harness magicaka (cuz wings broke still on console)
    Take flight

Switched to impen and noticed a serious difference. Also after further gameplay thinking engine guardian will also work. [/quote]

not too bad, I like to have some sort of hard cc though to make an enemy sit in my meteor after I abuse them with it lol
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I just don't have a place to put it although I could throw it in the flex slot
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. I just don't have a place to put it although I could throw it in the flex slot

You really need that heal though. For me it's easy because I run destro/Resto staves. I don't need a gap closer as I can range no problem. Anything up to 10m (flame lash is 10m) I can wap the ish out of weaving heavy attacks. Molten armaments with heavy inferno staff is some really nice damage
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Actually believe it or not 90% of the time I run radiant Mage light not db. The heals from embers and deep breath are that good. I like to be up close and personal but I did take molten armaments so I can run a destro staff when I want. It is really good damage. I *** around all the time with different set ups but this is my do work set up.