Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grinding

Obliterate
Obliterate
✭✭✭
Hi all. I'm currently level 30, and I want to grind a little to skip some of the questing as I've quested up until this point.

I have a total of 60% XP Boost (10% ESO+/50% Scrolls)

Does anyone have any advice on where to grind as most of the tutorials are outdated at the moment?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have ESO+ then:
    1. Try and get a group for the sewers, the XP there is the best I've seen.
    2. Go to Rkindaleft in Wrothgar as there's a good rotation there and it's typically quite busy

If you don't have ESO+:
    1. Try and go to a campaign which your alliance dominates and go to some cave (I forget the name, sorry) in EP side.
    2. Google grinding locations is your last bet.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry what sewers do you mean? Thanks for the quick response
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem.

In Imperial City (centre of Cyrodil within campaign mode) there's various areas which are both PvP and PvE, the sewers are one of them. There's a few rotations to be found within there that focuses on PvE level grinding and farming for loot.
  • KingDasDing
    KingDasDing
    ✭✭
    Also the cave he means is called crackwood cavern. Between the EP and AD in cyrodiil
    Edited by KingDasDing on March 23, 2016 12:18AM
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys I'm now level 40, I quested up until 30, if I grind the rest till 50 will I miss out and be a weaker player in PVP or have any major disadvantages
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obliterate wrote: »
    Thanks guys I'm now level 40, I quested up until 30, if I grind the rest till 50 will I miss out and be a weaker player in PVP or have any major disadvantages

You will have less skill points that is all. You can always go back to get the skill points you need. What alliance are you?
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will miss about 16 to 20 Skill Points from the quests in the leveling zones, so that can be a difference maker. Other than one or two side quests that I recall, only the quests in the Zone Main Quests give Skill Points on completion stage. There is a Wiki page that details what quests give skill points for the exact side quests.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Sewers is def a good spot to grind. If I run to enemy players who are obviously grinding their toons I let them be and move on. People have done the same to me before when I was grinding a lowbie. But there is always gonna be that one person who likes to rain on everyone's parade. So just be careful still.
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Daggerfall Covenant. I went to cyrodiil to find the sewers couldn't find them went into this dungeon and got almost one hit by some mobs lol

I had to just teleport straight to the dungeon because when I ran there the whole thing was surrounded by water and the bridges broken, I jumped in the water and some how died in about 5 seconds..
    Edited by Obliterate on March 24, 2016 9:33AM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Daggerfall Covenant. I went to cyrodiil to find the sewers couldn't find them went into this dungeon and got almost one hit by some mobs lol

I had to just teleport straight to the dungeon because when I ran there the whole thing was surrounded by water and the bridges broken, I jumped in the water and some how died in about 5 seconds..

Rule of Thumb in Cyrodiil, if there is water, there are Slaughterfish.

There are two Group Dungeons in the IC, and you can transport to them directly from anywhere in the map. However, to get to the IC itself, you have to go to Cyrodiil with the Campaign Mechanism, ride to the Capital, which you did, and then look for the entrance that IIRC, looks like a sewer grate reminiscent of the one you come out of in Oblivion to start the game.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you alliance main quest and then go to Coldharbor. It is the bestt way to learn.

If ypu have done it before, the you can grind.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    How do I know which one is the main quest?
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to grind in the sewers if everything just *** me up almost instantly lmao..
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How am I supposed to grind in the sewers if everything just *** me up almost instantly lmao..

IC Mobs are about the highest scaled mobs in the game, more so than Wrothgar even with the battle leveling. So, you need to bring you "A" Game to that place, or a group of people. On top of the mobs that want to feast on your entrails, you can have enemy players that are looking to farm Tel Var stones from your corpse.

The Game is High School, Wrothgar is College, IC is Graduate School, and PvP is the Rugby game played behind the bleachers

• Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right no idea why anyone told me to go there then lol while I was there a party of about 10 people invited me and we went almost all the way through got lots of XP, where can I go to grind alone, also how do I know which are the main/skill point quests?

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh right no idea why anyone told me to go there then lol while I was there a party of about 10 people invited me and we went almost all the way through got lots of XP, where can I go to grind alone, also how do I know which are the main/skill point quests?

If you're only in IC for XP and with at least another person then you shouldn't worry about players killing you: it's the best XP around and they'll only take your Tel Var which is an added bonus if you can easily bank it on your rotation.

If you're in a larger group then you're set as it's unlikely that you'll all be mowed down by a larger one.