Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I get rid of my extra weapons and armour?

Oceanus5000
Oceanus5000
Soul Shriven
So I've got a bunch of extra armour and weapons that I looted from the starting ship for my Khajiit, and I've tried to sell it to traders for gold, but they won't take it. Does the trader system not work like it does in Skyrim?
Edited by Oceanus5000 on March 23, 2016 12:44PM
Oceanus II - Male Argonian Sorcerer
Windsor Quinion - Female Dark-Elf Nightblade
Shotdasha Bai'Nahrahe - Female Khajiit Dragonknight
Baraus Lochrard - Male Breton Sorcerer
Odeer-Meedish Caleedorus - Male Argonian Nightblade
Mim-Meedish Caleedorus - Female Argonian Dragonknight
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the value of the items you have is 0 gold, try just destoring it. Still any merchant should buy it from you.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you stole that armour, honest merchants won't buy it. You have to find a fence in one of the outlaw refuges.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it has a little red icon, it means that the item is stolen ...you can not sell stolen items to normal vendors, you have to go to a refuge center, find the fence npc, and either fence or launder the items.

This game is very different from Skyrim :3

Btw. take a look at your character sheet and see if you have a bounty. If you do, do not go near a guard npc's, they will give you the option to:
    1. pay the bounty and deliver whatever items you stole.
    2. flee ...if you don't manage to get away from the guard, it will kill you and take all your stolen items + money for the bounty.

The bounty will decrease and wear off with time, however we had a case with a player who was questing, a little while a go ...he had managed to gather a bounty of 5 million gold, and couldn't finish some solo quests :/
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 23, 2016 1:09PM
  • Oceanus5000
    Oceanus5000
    Soul Shriven
    If you stole that armour, honest merchants won't buy it. You have to find a fence in one of the outlaw refuges.

Well, it was taken from the ship you spawn in as a Khajiit, so it wouldn't be stolen in the first place.
    If the value of the items you have is 0 gold, try just destoring it. Still any merchant should buy it from you.

I see. I'll try destroying them and see if that helps.
    If it has a little red icon, it means that the item is stolen ...you can not sell stolen items to normal vendors, you have to go to a refuge center, find the fence npc, and either fence or launder the items.

This game is very different from Skyrim :3

Btw. take a look at your character sheet and see if you have a bounty. If you do, do not go near a guard npc's, they will give you the option to:
    1. pay the bounty and deliver whatever items you stole.
    2. flee ...if you don't manage to get away from the guard, it will kill you and take all your stolen items + money for the bounty.

The bounty will decrease and wear off with time, however we had a case with a player who was questing, a little while a go ...he had managed to gather a bounty of 5 million gold, and couldn't finish some solo quests :/

As stated above, I got it from the starting ship that you spawn in as a Khajiit. It didn't say any red text, so it was free for the taking.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    You're probably better off deconstructing it or researching it if you can't sell it.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . Does the trader system not work like it does in Skyrim?

The economy is different, better in most ways.

With this game, Crafting is a thing. You probably want to craft, or you have to find people who will craft for you, for a price, so it's better to craft in the long run. The best way to level crafting, and you don't need to spend skill points to do this, is to decon mob loot. The 0 Value and Stolen Items while marked Red do not give much for Inspiration. But Mob and container looted gear does. If you Launder an item, it may be hit or miss if it goes to 0 value, if it does, not even worth deconning it.

So, sell what you can to in game NPC Vendors to cover repairs, and then decon the rest. While leveling, your better off using mob loot for gear as you level, because you level so fast, so it may not even be worth it to repair the gear, just replace it with looted items. And, you want to wear a mix of armor types while leveling, so this works well for that too.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oceanus5000 oh my bad :3 I did those quests before the justice system was implemented, so I don't know wether the starting ship has owned containers or not.

...ehem just in case: don't destroy the items in your inventory, go to crafting location and deconstruct it. Otherwise you just loose the item, and don't gain any Inspiration Points to improve your crafting skill.
  • Oceanus5000
    Oceanus5000
    Soul Shriven
    @Oceanus5000 oh my bad :3 I did those quests before the justice system was implemented, so I don't know wether the starting ship has owned containers or not.

...ehem just in case: don't destroy the items in your inventory, go to crafting location and deconstruct it. Otherwise you just loose the item, and don't gain any Inspiration Points to improve your crafting skill.

Ohhh, gotcha. Didn't really understand how crafting worked but I'll try that. And no, the containers on the ship aren't owned, you can take all of their apples, radishes and carrots. They won't need them, will they? XD