Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best place to grind Fighter's Guild skill line as a VR2

sluice
sluice
✭✭✭✭
Hello all,

Starting to play more with my first character: a stamina nightblade.
Since this was my first characters, I did a bunch of noob mistake while leveling him in the past.

For one, my fighters guild skill is currently at 8.
Being a VR2, I'm not sure where would be the place to grind to get to 10...

I've read about doing Dolmens in Cyrodill, but that mainly sounds risky (and not the fastest way to do it.)

I'm Alderi Dominion and haven't finished the main story, so I'm guessing these are my options?
-Wrothgar (Where?)
-Cyrodill (Anywhere else other than the Dolmens?)
-Imperial city / sewers (The blue grind spots? Not a great idea since I'm AD)
-Craglorn
-Coldharbor (Is there a place for VR2?)

So where should I go to grind daedra/undead quickly as a VR2?

PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
Daggerfall Covenant
sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
(vMA) drop table and probability
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a spot in eastwards called whitesdtar or something like it. Quest to do with vamps. They'll be vet 4 for you I think. You'll know it when yo ucoem across it. Awesome xp grind spot, so will be good for fighter's guild too.

Edit: just saw you haven't finished the main story. Think coldharbour might be OK maybe. Try the vile labatory a bit and see how quick it is. Not sure how much xp level 45 mobs give you at vet 2.

If not, imperial City is your best bet. Boneshard area of DC sewer is best spot. Temple district is pretty good for gridning too.
    Edited by Brrrofski on March 22, 2016 3:46PM
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    There's a spot in eastwards called whitesdtar or something like it. Quest to do with vamps. They'll be vet 4 for you I think. You'll know it when yo ucoem across it. Awesome xp grind spot, so will be good for fighter's guild too.

Edit: just saw you haven't finished the main story. Think coldharbour might be OK maybe. Try the vile labatory a bit and see how quick it is. Not sure how much xp level 45 mobs give you at vet 2.

If not, imperial City is your best bet. Boneshard area of DC sewer is best spot. Temple district is pretty good for gridning too.

Thanks for the reply. Eastwards? Did you mean Eastmarch?

If so, that won't be possible for me, as I haven't finished the main story yet.
    I'm stuck in Alderi Dominion territory....
    I would finish the story line, but I strictly play PVP... I would prefer only the find a good spot to grind.
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, yes, eastmarch. Auto correct :)

IC is your best option then I think.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In Northeast Deshaan there are 3 really good daedra/undead grind spots close together. The dungeons Knife Ear Grotto (Daedra ), The Corpse Garden (undead), and around Shrine of Saint Veloth (even more Daedra). There even a merchant in a tent inbetween Shrine of Saint Veloth and Knife Ear Grotto so you can repair and sell your loot. It should V2 for you since you're AD.
    If you're looking just to grind fighter's guild exp, don't waste an exp potion or scroll because guild leveling is based on numbers and type killed, not the exp they give. However if you want to level in general also, feel free to use exp boosters, there are plenty of targets so you won't be bored.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Northeast Deshaan there are 3 really good daedra/undead grind spots close together. The dungeons Knife Ear Grotto (Daedra ), The Corpse Garden (undead), and around Shrine of Saint Veloth (even more Daedra). There even a merchant in a tent inbetween Shrine of Saint Veloth and Knife Ear Grotto so you can repair and sell your loot. It should V2 for you since you're AD.
    If you're looking just to grind fighter's guild exp, don't waste an exp potion or scroll because guild leveling is based on numbers and type killed, not the exp they give. However if you want to level in general also, feel free to use exp boosters, there are plenty of targets so you won't be bored.

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I haven't finished the main story with this character and I don't intend to...
    If it's per kill and not per XP, couldn't I just head to Cold Harbour and grind lvl45 zombies?
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sluice wrote: »

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I haven't finished the main story with this character and I don't intend to...
    If it's per kill and not per XP, couldn't I just head to Cold Harbour and grind lvl45 zombies?

I might be mistaken, however I think that once you hit vr1 you no longer get exp for CH zombehs.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »

I might be mistaken, however I think that once you hit vr1 you no longer get exp for CH zombehs.

I can confirm that you do still get XP when you are VR1, I level up like 1/5 of the way to VR2 there (killing lvl45 zombies), but to my understanding this was because they were 5 levels under me and I' guessing that at VR2 (6 levels over the zombies at this spot), they would not provide XP.

Since you level up your Fighter's Guild with kill count of Daedra/Undead, I guess I'm hoping to be able to grind there (just for the Fighter's guild, careless of if it raises my VR level).

One way to know, I will try tonight..
    Edited by sluice on March 22, 2016 6:21PM
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can confirm that you do still get XP when you are VR1, I level up like 1/5 of the way to VR2 there (killing lvl45 zombies), but to my understanding this was because they were 5 levels under me and I' guessing that at VR2 (6 levels over the zombies at this spot), they would not provide XP.

Since you level up your Fighter's Guild with kill count of Daedra/Undead, I guess I'm hoping to be able to grind there (just for the Fighter's guild, careless of if it raises my VR level).

Ah okay, that makes sense, and thanks for sharing. Let me know what you find out in your testing tonight. If it still works for FG progression, I'd most likely take my alt through just to level it up.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just play through cold harbor. You'll want access to silver/gold areas for more skyshards. And internally, the game sees you as a level 50 regardless of your VR. So anything level 45 and above will give you XP.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just play through cold harbor. You'll want access to silver/gold areas for more skyshards. And internally, the game sees you as a level 50 regardless of your VR. So anything level 45 and above will give you XP.

Sh*t really? That's insane!

I doubt I need more skyshards with this character, than the ones found in all AD, cyrodill and IC.
    But I'll keep it in mind, just in case...

I'm not doing any crafting with him, and he's strictly PVP...
    Also, I don't mind reseting his skills once in a while to make sure I have everything I need for the wanted build.

Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go coldharbour and get packs of 15+ zombies.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah okay, that makes sense, and thanks for sharing. Let me know what you find out in your testing tonight. If it still works for FG progression, I'd most likely take my alt through just to level it up.

So, I went to the Vile Laboratory in ColdHarbour last night, and it works!

In about 2 hours, I managed to get my Fighters Guild from 8 to 10. It also raised some of my skills at a reasonable pace and I gained about 20% of a VR Level. So you do gain overall XP. Definitely not the place to level up your VR characters obviously, but still great place to level up your Fighters Guild!
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ebonheart Pact