Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My vet 1 character. Awfully bad luck!

Elektrakosh
Elektrakosh
✭✭✭
I couldn't think on where to put this so I apologise to the moderators in advance.

Okay here I go!
giphy_zpscyl8js9n.gif

See my only vet one character in my signature? Yeah, she is useless in places that need to be explored. She needs to survive hence the vampire stacked with restoration staff line to drain and heal her little lizardy backside from the brink of death all. The. Frickin'. Time. Delves, dungeons and most mobs kick her arse despite having crystal frags, prison, thundering presence, and Daedric armour. Most of my other points are in clothier due to to the great random being such a troll and giving her clothing with no traits! At least she can make no trait robes at her level, which is nice. Not bad being able to solo for so long but now I think the game is group content now. Bad luck for me, eh? I have never played an MMo or whatever this game is supposed to be and I got burned. At least I completed the main story so I'm not a complete failure.
In before "grouping up" "l2p" and "respec your points".

1. Grouping up is not an option as she is not built for group play.
2. Respeccing is not an option because the gold fee is too damned high. She never has 5k plus gold...she is a crafter. Crown respeccing is not an option.
3. Restarting a character is simply not worth it. I'm not going through a RNG hell a second time.
4. Base game RNG stuff does not cut it, especially for survival out in the wilds and dolmens if I find one.
5. I don't understand champion points. I cannot grasp micromanaging so putting them in the signs that I think may benefit my char has not worked. Again respeccing is not an option. Another area I have messed up. Bad luck for me.
6. Saying L2p is too late, see above.

Anyway, thanks to one guy who helped me out by crafting the julianos set for her. It worked for a while and got her out of some hairy situations. I dare not deconstruct any of it, she needs it for surviving if I ever return.

I enjoyed the story so it's not all that bad. I have had my fill of ESO for a while. Here's to improvement in the future

One good thing going for me is tomorrow. :) Fallout 4 dlc!
Edited by Elektrakosh on March 21, 2016 9:16AM
Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
Altmer Elekwen aka The Pale Lady -Sorceress- Aldmeri Dominion. Vampire Lvl 8
EU/UK. Xbox One.
Gtag: Elektra K Otana.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What skills are you using on your bars.

As a sorc, mobs shouldn't really cause you any trouble with your shield.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Daedric armour , essence drain, clannfear,thundering presence frags and prison with bats ultimate using Destro staff on that one (no training in destro because no room for healing)
    Clannfear, drain, that blue shield that does not last long and can't remember the name of, healing, more healing with atronach ultimate. Using julianos resto staff due to some kind soul helping me.

As you may see I heal a lot. Clannfear is needed as every mob is attracted to wanting to kill my gal.

I don't have any extra point to invest into other shields whatever they are. First character, you see.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 21, 2016 9:32AM
    Argonian Painted-By-Elements -Pure Sorceress- Daggerfall Covenant. V1 I hate recipes!
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put hardened ward and bolt escape on your bar, never need to heal again.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

So those are what are needed? I don't have the points to do that. Darn it!

Thanks for telling me. :) it is appreciated.
    Edited by Elektrakosh on March 21, 2016 9:33AM
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So those are what are needed? I don't have the points to do that. Thanks for telling me. :)

Hardened ward absorbs damage for you so it does not get through to your hitpoints. Bolt escape teleports you forward, stunning and potentially damaging all mobs that were at your position/in the path of the teleport, so they never have to be hiting you in the firstplace.

There are enough skillpoints in the world to almost max out every skill available, if you do not have any free skillpoints you can go skyshard hunting or do a couple of quests in one of the main storylines in each alliance (main quests award skillpoints).
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

So those are what are needed? I don't have the points to do that. Thanks for telling me. :)

Hardened ward absorbs damage for you so it does not get through to your hitpoints. Bolt escape teleports you forward, stunning and potentially damaging all mobs that were at your position/in the path of the teleport, so they never have to be hiting you in the firstplace.

There are enough skillpoints in the world to almost max out every skill available, if you do not have any free skillpoints you can go skyshard hunting or do a couple of quests in one of the main storylines in each alliance (main quests award skillpoints).

Time to Google and find skyshards. Here's to hoping I survive the trip! Lol

Thanks again for the help.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deadric mines will help you against melee enemies and Crushing shock will be good on your destro bar to weave ranged enemies. Weaving will also proc a frag pretty often
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Deadric mines will help you against melee enemies and Crushing shock will be good on your destro bar to weave ranged enemies. Weaving will also proc a frag pretty often

Ah some more information. Thank you. I'll need skill points first and finding those skyshards are a pain. Knowing me, I bet I missed a lot of them in the early game. Off to Google I go.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For healing, have you tried the spell "Surge" (Storm Calling)? If you cast it before battle, it not only buffs your damage but heals you whenever you critically strike an enemy. Couple that with "Magelight" (Mages Guild) to increase your critical chance and you should be getting some nice heals back whenever you damage an enemy.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    For healing, have you tried the spell "Surge" (Storm Calling)? If you cast it before battle, it not only buffs your damage but heals you whenever you critically strike an enemy. Couple that with "Magelight" (Mages Guild) to increase your critical chance and you should be getting some nice heals back whenever you damage an enemy.

What rank in Mages guild is magelight unlocked?

Not tried surge due to poor skill point management hence the skyshrad hunting.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What rank in Mages guild is magelight unlocked?

Not tried surge due to poor skill point management hence the skyshrad hunting.

Just level 2, it's the very first skill you can unlock. You just have to have it on your bar to get the bonus crit, you don't have to activate it for that. If you want even more crit for a higher chance at both healing and doing bonus damage, you could also use the "Thief" mundus stone.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    Magelight unlocks at Mages Guild rank 2
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks guys! Thank you for the info.

Another thing to add to my list Lore book hunting. Have not reached rank two so... Yeah. I don't know If I'd like to swap crit for survival as of yet. Once I have more skill points I'll be able to choose.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another thing to add to my list Lore book hunting. Have not reached rank two so... Yeah. I don't know If I'd like to swap crit for survival as of yet. Once I have more skill points I'll be able to choose.

I was about to say there's an add-on for that but unfortunately not on your platform! You could probably Google some locations if you wanted to get some quickly to level up.

Another way to look at crit vs. survival is this: You're less likely to die if you can kill the enemies faster ;). And as a sorcerer your crits can heal you (by using "Surge") as well as giving you a higher damage output to knock down all those who oppose you faster.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

I was about to say there's an add-on for that but unfortunately not on your platform! You could probably Google some locations if you wanted to get some quickly to level up.

Another way to look at crit vs. survival is this: You're less likely to die if you can kill the enemies faster ;). And as a sorcerer your crits can heal you (by using "Surge") as well as giving you a higher damage output to knock down all those who oppose you faster.

It is a pity there are no add ons for console gamers like there are on PC. Why this cannot be implemented I'll never know. True about criticals. I hope the crit ratio is better than the so called boosts in champion points. Pffft! I can fart better criticals in real life.

Okay that was possibly a disturbing thought to plant in ones mind and of course TMI.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    Is it only since turning vet you've had survivability problems?
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't lie, you picked a tough combo for your first go at an MMO! Sorcerers in ESO thrive by dealing and absorbing damage, rather than healing through it. Vampire makes it even tougher, kudos for sticking with your lizard!

As others have said, Hardened ward is your friend, it absorbs damage like an amazing sponge. It scales off of magicka, as do nearly all sorcerer skills, so the more magicka you have, the better your chances of survival. It sounds counterintuitive, health to survive, right? With HW up, scaling off of magicka, you're more protected than you would be off of pure health. You're still alive to kill the bad guys. Vampire has passives that will help you regen magicka, Supernatural Recovery, Unnatural Resistance and Undeath will help you balance the squishiness that comes with being a vampire. Light armor passives will help with regen and magicka cost reduction as well.

Since you've just hit V1, you probably haven't gotten too many champ points yet. Elemental expert in the blue Apprentice constellation will help. As a crafter, going for Arcanist in the green Lover constellation will increase your magicka regen and when you get 10 points put into that constellation you open up Plentiful Harvest. It gives you a chance a double harvest from any node. In the red constellation Lord, Bastion will strengthen you Hardened Ward, that's a good place for points. It's nothing to stress over, you'll get plenty of champ points that a couple here or there misplaced aren't a big deal.

Destructive Touch in the Destro staff line has a knockback which can be handy. Just kiting keeps me alive better than anything, well except Ward. Boundless Storm is helpful for the speed boost, the mobile dot you become and the resists it gives you while active. Personally I don't use any pets, they're too hard to micromanage, they drive me nuts. I survive much better without them aggroing everything in Tamriel.

Have you tried using Overload on your off bar at all? That way you can keep your vamp ultimate on one bar and have an "oh **** finish this fight" ultimate on the other. I use Energy Overload since as a Khajiit sorc I have to restore magicka more often than elves or bretons might. If you haven't, equipping it opens up a third bar that doesn't use any weapon skills, only spells from class, guild or world lines.

As a crafter, you can make the armor that requires fewer traits at any level. If you have only three traits researched, you can make five pieces of Seducer armor and two of Torug's Pact. Maybe not at the level you need yet of course, but there's viable options that don't take too long to do on your own, after you outlevel the Julianos set.

Definitely don't need to reroll or quit thinking she's ruined, you've stuck through the hardest part! No need to respec, as you put new points into these skills as passives as I and the above posters have suggested and your lizard will be much tougher to kill.

My very first character in my first mmo (not ESO, Wow) is still dead at level 3 in the woods somewhere on the starter island btw so no, she's not ruined by a long shot :)

P.S. this became quite the wall of text, but I play a Khajiit sorc, so I'm eager to help players who play what they love rather than an animated spreadsheet, thanks for reading all of this, if you got this far lol :)
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need money, pick raw materials and flowers, check prices online to what they are on your platform and sell them to other players for those prices.

I am pretty noob at sorcerer, but i managed to level mine up from v1 to v16 just by using Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock) and Elemental Ring (morph of Impulse) from Destruction staff.
    I gave up vampirism at around v6, because I simply took to much damage. It helped my survival a lot.

Problem with this game is, that the lvl 1-50 quest areas are easy, then without preparation they put you in Caldwells Silver where everything hits much harder. Same thing applies to group content.

We don't have any tutorial that prepares for veteran and group content, so it comes like a shock to most players.

I remember I really struggled with my first vet char in the starter island in Cadwells Silver, and I frequently read other players in zone write "LOOKING FOR A GROUP TO DO ANYTHING". I was lucky that I already had a questing partner, that did most of the damage while I tried to keep myself alive, up untill I reached v7...
    I grinded a bit, got better gear too and learned to use my class abilities better. By the time I hit v12, I could handle anything easily, because I was forced to l2p veteran content. But before this, I was really miserable and I couldn't handle even the most simple solo quests. There weren't many guides for players back then, because the game was new, so I couldn't even search for information.. and the game provided 0 preparation or tutorial >.<
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on March 21, 2016 6:12PM
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    JuZ wrote: »

Late game and veteran rank. I just love the way it jumps from barely survivable to oh crap I'm dead again. My fault entirely.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Respeccing is not an option because the gold fee is too damned high. She never has 5k plus gold...she is a crafter. Crown respeccing is not an option.

Anyway, thanks to one guy who helped me out by crafting the julianos set for her. It worked for a while and got her out of some hairy situations. I dare not deconstruct any of it, she needs it for surviving if I ever return.

I recently made a set of Julianos for someone, was that you? (PC/NA)

Anyway, Gold is pretty easy to get in this game now with the Legerdemain System. Especially if you have access to Daggerfall, which you do. Go to Daggerfall and find the two ships near the Guild Traders. The two cabins and hold on each ship are not populated with NPCs. You can fill up your bags in both the ships with sellable stuff, go into the Thieves Refuge at the end of the docks and sell the haul. It's easy to make 5K in one or two trips (probably two or three for you since you don't have the Legerdemain Passive unlocked the lets you sell twice as much).

Anyway, in a short period of time, you can have all the gold you need to respec.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭

Late game and veteran rank. I just love the way it jumps from barely survivable to oh crap I'm dead again. My fault entirely.

I'm particularly interested in the advice given as I'm currently lvl 45 with my Sorcerer and she's going to be my first character into vet levels.
  • Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭

I'm particularly interested in the advice given as I'm currently lvl 45 with my Sorcerer and she's going to be my first character into vet levels.

Nice! Folks here will give you great advice. I chose poorly in ways of abilities as I wanted to play through it and get powerful. It didn't go according to plan as I chose what thought could help my character in ways of racial and power.
    Nestor wrote: »

I recently made a set of Julianos for someone, was that you? (PC/NA)

Anyway, Gold is pretty easy to get in this game now with the Legerdemain System. Especially if you have access to Daggerfall, which you do. Go to Daggerfall and find the two ships near the Guild Traders. The two cabins and hold on each ship are not populated with NPCs. You can fill up your bags in both the ships with sellable stuff, go into the Thieves Refuge at the end of the docks and sell the haul. It's easy to make 5K in one or two trips (probably two or three for you since you don't have the Legerdemain Passive unlocked the lets you sell twice as much).

Anyway, in a short period of time, you can have all the gold you need to respec.
    I'm on Xbox One so it was not me.

I'd have to do that once a day I imagine. Thank you for that. Time to get my thieving on once I find some lock picks. I have opened legerdemain but not invested in it.

EU/UK. Xbox One.

• Elektrakosh
    Elektrakosh
    ✭✭✭
    If you need money, pick raw materials and flowers, check prices online to what they are on your platform and sell them to other players for those prices.

I am pretty noob at sorcerer, but i managed to level mine up from v1 to v16 just by using Crushing Shock (morph of Force Shock) and Elemental Ring (morph of Impulse) from Destruction staff.
    I gave up vampirism at around v6, because I simply took to much damage. It helped my survival a lot.

Problem with this game is, that the lvl 1-50 quest areas are easy, then without preparation they put you in Caldwells Silver where everything hits much harder. Same thing applies to group content.

We don't have any tutorial that prepares for veteran and group content, so it comes like a shock to most players.

I remember I really struggled with my first vet char in the starter island in Cadwells Silver, and I frequently read other players in zone write "LOOKING FOR A GROUP TO DO ANYTHING". I was lucky that I already had a questing partner, that did most of the damage while I tried to keep myself alive, up untill I reached v7...
    I grinded a bit, got better gear too and learned to use my class abilities better. By the time I hit v12, I could handle anything easily, because I was forced to l2p veteran content. But before this, I was really miserable and I couldn't handle even the most simple solo quests. There weren't many guides for players back then, because the game was new, so I couldn't even search for information.. and the game provided 0 preparation or tutorial >.<

In some cases it does not prepare a newbie player from the very beginning. I tried to start another character a Dragon knight in Daggerfall and was completely lost in the beginning. I totally forgot about having to travel to the starter islands!

Yeah I certainly went against the grain by making an Argonian sorceror vampire. Molag Bal was a right pain in the backside especially after a certain patch kicked in. It seems that everyone and their mother excel at fire spells. Once I get enough gold to respec I'm going to drop vampire so I can invest in more survivability.

I wanted to make a Khajiit Sorceror! I'm glad it can be done although it may be hard work.
    EU/UK. Xbox One.