The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Missing Water Splash Sound

Publius_Scipio
Publius_Scipio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
A minor thing i came across while playing. I noticed there is no more splash sound when jumping in and out of water. Anyone else?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Issue seems to have resolved itself. Not sure what was going on.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Update 2: This issue still seems to be there. I can jump into the water with my horse and see the water splash effect and hear it. When just my character, no effect and no sound.
  • KhajitFurTrader
    KhajitFurTrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was trying for 20 minutes to get near to that chest so I could unlock it:
    8a572dca0beeb3d1e6fdde635d0047.png
    I splashed, loudly. Many, many times, because pressing [E] to interact with it moves me closer and over the fall. ;)

I presume the sound isn't missing every time? What happens when you relog, or log on other characters? Do you have to restart the client for the sound to reappear?

Btw, kudos to the dev who put the chest in this place. :tongue:

• Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that I remember having had some water sounds delayed, rather than missing altogether. But I'll keep my ears open to see if there is any pattern to things, if I hear it at all.

• Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader It seems to be consistent for me. With character alone if i jump in and out of water there is no sound effect and no visible water splash. If I jump into water with my mount everything is normal.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KhajitFurTrader It seems to be consistent for me. With character alone if i jump in and out of water there is no sound effect and no visible water splash. If I jump into water with my mount everything is normal.

I just tried this on the 32bit client to see if it was 64bit only, nope it's happening exactly as you described on 32bit. I jump in water with horse and get a splash, on foot nothing. Just sounds like I'm hitting regular land, tried from different heights too. Odd.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zyle wrote: »

I just tried this on the 32bit client to see if it was 64bit only, nope it's happening exactly as you described on 32bit. I jump in water with horse and get a splash, on foot nothing. Just sounds like I'm hitting regular land, tried from different heights too. Odd.

TG update for whatever reason played around with a lot of sound effects and textures. I'm sure ZOS will iron everything out.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think I figured out whats going on. While wearing a polymorph costume (goblin specifically in my case) the water splash effects and sound effects are missing.

While not wearing the costume everything is normal.