Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Older player going to try the game again. Couple questions

macinley1ub17_ESO
I played back at launch and then again at some point, i think it was right before unlimited released. So with the release of thieves i figured i would try it out again but i wanted to start a new character. However, it's been so long I'm afraid i have no idea what to even try or how it all works anymore. I do have all races/class combos unlocked (or maybe it was just race faction combos) but beyond that i have no idea what class might be a good choice to ease back into things.

Any idea on which might be a good choice for a returning player?

Thanks
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some people will tell you that it's a Magika build right now,that Stamina builds got nerfed.From my own experience,my Stamina Nightblade seems to be having a lot of good strength and does well killing bosses I couldnt with my Dragonknight.
    You could always try it and if it doesnt suit you,dump it and do a new one.
  • plattypussb16_ESO
    Safe bet is a Templar. They are pretty easy and lots are being played if you have questions.
  • macinley1ub17_ESO
    Hm sounds interesting. I will try them out. Now for a second question. Of the three factions, which seems more interesting? I have tried Dominion i think but never very far, and a bit of the dark elf one, cant think of the name. The only one i have done nothing with the other one in the more desert and orc area but if i recall that was the one most people hated the most.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Man - I say play what sounds cool to you. With the champion system (when you get there) and gear customization you can do most anything. I really like the Daggerfall Covenant zones, but they all offer something different.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also like the DC all my alts are there :wink:
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hm sounds interesting. I will try them out. Now for a second question. Of the three factions, which seems more interesting? I have tried Dominion i think but never very far, and a bit of the dark elf one, cant think of the name. The only one i have done nothing with the other one in the more desert and orc area but if i recall that was the one most people hated the most.

The Dominion is my favorite Faction.I finally made Dominion Hero. D.
    My second face is Ebonheart Pact.
    I cant stand the Daggerfall Covenant area,Glenumbra. It just rubs me the wrong way. :}